• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I don't know. Considering that Johnstone said flat out that they were going to discontinue the Emira in 2028, and Lotus has said they have enough orders for the FE for 3 years of production, and that's BEFORE the cars hit the streets in the U.S., will they even bother with any other model? If their production capacity is already accounted for through 2027, why would they come out with another model?

I think they're making a big mistake by not only discontinuing the most successful car they've ever had, but going 100% into electric when everybody else is scaling back. Ford said they lost over $4 billion on EV's last year and are scaling way back. GM said they lost over $1 billion last year on EV's and they too are scaling back. Both are restarting ICE production. Toyota never bought into the all-in-for-EV craze; they went hybrid, and they didn't lose any money at all, in fact they've made a lot of money. Their stock is up too as a result.

If Lotus was to play it smart (I know, it's Lotus) they'd keep the Emira, go hybrid for another 10 years, and see how the technology develops not only for batteries, but for electricity production. Wind and solar farms aren't cutting it, especially in the colder climates. The governments need to get on the ball and start building power generation plants, and that's going to take at least 10 years, if not longer.

Having a few spin off model is relatively cheap to make but easy to put a premium on. They will likely make GT for the street version of some kind. Lotus hasn't exactly been held to their word on much. They are likely to postpone going all electric. After seeing what everyone is going through. But we know they're slow to respond to things.

I don't know. Considering that Johnstone said flat out that they were going to discontinue the Emira in 2028, and Lotus has said they have enough orders for the FE for 3 years of production, and that's BEFORE the cars hit the streets in the U.S., will they even bother with any other model? If their production capacity is already accounted for through 2027, why would they come out with another model?

I think they're making a big mistake by not only discontinuing the most successful car they've ever had, but going 100% into electric when everybody else is scaling back. Ford said they lost over $4 billion on EV's last year and are scaling way back. GM said they lost over $1 billion last year on EV's and they too are scaling back. Both are restarting ICE production. Toyota never bought into the all-in-for-EV craze; they went hybrid, and they didn't lose any money at all, in fact they've made a lot of money. Their stock is up too as a result.

If Lotus was to play it smart (I know, it's Lotus) they'd keep the Emira, go hybrid for another 10 years, and see how the technology develops not only for batteries, but for electricity production. Wind and solar farms aren't cutting it, especially in the colder climates. The governments need to get on the ball and start building power generation plants, and that's going to take at least 10 years, if not longer.

I agree with everything you said about EV's. Even a hybrid Emira isn't a bad option. However, I don't think Lotus is making enough margin on the First Edition pricing. I know it's not cheap, but these cars are not built at scale. The temptation of higher profit margin options and running the i4 to more BHP and adding 20K is just too great. Expect to see a higher price, more BHP and some other options to be added in over the next 4 years. It is one of the reasons I think the base pricing will not be as attractive as first thought. The only reason we got more First Editions was due to delays and every other market is saturated enough with the V6.

Thr base is like 2 years late. Maybe not even produce those
Oh I think they will - only two paint options will be free… want Seneca blue 6k paint option, KEF 3,5K, etc… I think the options will be more than everyone thinks. More akin to Porsche pricing of options than Ford.

lol I was just watching an Extra Throttle House video for the Cayman GTS 4.0 and he mentioned his Emira order in it as well.

Somewhat related, I literally just got a call from my Porsche dealership that I’ve received a May allocation for a Cayman GTS 4.0. I have an existing deposit and allocation in an i4 FE, but that’s not showing up anytime soon. Also, in Canada, the i4 FE is CAD$129k optioned out, before any fees like PDI, etc. Seriously considering jumping ship to the Cayman for less money.
718 Cayman is a nice car, well made. I looked hard at one too. Same with a Vantage and McLaren GT. End of the day I made a choice. I kinda wish I pulled the trigger on the JPS Evora in Greenwich that another forum member shopped at the same time. I wanted an auto……gasp

718 Cayman is a nice car, well made. I looked hard at one too. Same with a Vantage and McLaren GT. End of the day I made a choice. I kinda wish I pulled the trigger on the JPS Evora in Greenwich that another forum member shopped at the same time. I wanted an auto……gasp
There's an auto Evora GT available now at RDS (Lotus Philly)

You can get a used Gallardo (coupe or spyder) with 10k to 30k.. (kms) 2008 to 2010 for
$135k to $160k (CAD) plus tax.
I’ve bought many used cars that have worked out well. For me personally though, I would never buy someone else’s used exotic car. I recognize this is probably a big consideration for some, but if I’m buying something special, I want it to be new. Gallardo (and other used cars like it) didn’t even enter the equation for me.

I think there's a really good chance the Emira will be in production longer than expected or planned. Lotus will get to see what a colossal failure the 2025 EV porsche boxster/cayman is shaping up to be and might just pump the breaks on its all-electric sports car future. Used EV's residual values are dropping like a turd off a tall moose. Buyers of all EV's see this and are backing off. I bet the ICE has some life left in it yet.

Porsche Boxster electric-3.jpg

Last edited:
There's an auto Evora GT available now at RDS (Lotus Philly)
Thanks. This one specifically was a JPS livery with less than 500 miles and if I recall was sub 6 figures.

But to the point here: why pay ADM when the Evora is still available with virtually no miles. So what if the interior is a little lacking vs the Emira, the performance is slightly better. I call it a wash.

I’m in for the warranty.

lol I was just watching an Extra Throttle House video for the Cayman GTS 4.0 and he mentioned his Emira order in it as well.

Somewhat related, I literally just got a call from my Porsche dealership that I’ve received a May allocation for a Cayman GTS 4.0. I have an existing deposit and allocation in an i4 FE, but that’s not showing up anytime soon. Also, in Canada, the i4 FE is CAD$129k optioned out, before any fees like PDI, etc. Seriously considering jumping ship to the Cayman for less money.

Throttle House car of the year! The digital trophy is a nice touch....For North American buyers, like the car, It doesn't really exist either
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 23.21.24.png

I’ve bought many used cars that have worked out well. For me personally though, I would never buy someone else’s used exotic car. I recognize this is probably a big consideration for some, but if I’m buying something special, I want it to be new. Gallardo (and other used cars like it) didn’t even enter the equation for me.
I get that, I don’t mind CPO though, that changes things a bit for me. Aston Martin Timeless certified where you can re-certify each year has some appeal. Unfortunately, Aston does not - is someone going to tell them about their infotainment?

I think there's a really good chance the Emira will be in production longer than expected or planned. Lotus will get to see what a colossal failure the 2025 EV porsche boxster/cayman is shaping up to be and might just pump the breaks on its all-electric sports car future. Used EV's residual values are dropping like a turd off a tall moose. Buyers of all EV's see this and are backing off. I bet the ICE has some life left in it yet.

View attachment 36989
Total agree ! EV’s are shit no range and fueling / charging takes an eternity..
not to mention the batteries dye…
Toyota battery replacement 4-8 k
Porsche battery replacement 30-45k
Math tells a powerful story

Interesting about the Evira 414E. I'm sure glad that I'm buying a V6 that sounds the business rather than an electric drive with “HALOsonic suite of noise solutions”.... 🤮
Surprised that came out such a long time ago, 2010??? That’s the same concept that Mazda just revealed in their electric hybrid range extender sports car.

Total agree ! EV’s are shit no range and fueling / charging takes an eternity..
not to mention the batteries dye…
Toyota battery replacement 4-8 k
Porsche battery replacement 30-45k
Math tells a powerful story
You have no idea what you are talking about. I have had my Taycan 4S since 2020. 43,000 flawless miles. No battery degradation at all. I have had 2 Tesla model S before that again , no issues except crap build quality. Live with am EV on a daily, you will never go back to ICE.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I have had my Taycan 4S since 2020. 43,000 flawless miles. No battery degradation at all. I have had 2 Tesla model S before that again , no issues except crap build quality. Live with am EV on a daily, you will never go back to ICE.
Have to say I agree. I've done 70,000 miles, two cross country road trips, and over a dozen track days in my EV daily and it's been fantastic. For daily use, EV's are miles better than ICE in terms of cost, power, speed, maintenance, smoothness, etc. The Emira and other analog enthusiast cars have moved to strictly driving enjoyment vehicles for me that I use on the evenings, weekends, or "Point A to Point A" drives. Best of both worlds if you can swing it! Almost everyone I know who spouts about the few remaining drawbacks of EV's have never lived with one. Those opinions have noticeably been skewing more positive with time fortunately.

Back on topic, what's the over-under on US Emira deliveries starting this month? I'm optimistically guessing they'll start on Feb 29th ;)