• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Looks like James and Thomas from TH they Finally will have their car

It is hard to tell if they do or do not - from the link.

Star date 2/22/2024, Day 955, the lotus still has not materialized. A part of me wonders if the initial sighting was a metaphysical hallucination as the result of a foreign agent exposure I encountered identified as Covidsarsv2. None the less the crew seem to be under the influence of the same delusion that our transport will be delivered as to this never ending next month timeline

Star date 2/22/2024, Day 955, the lotus still has not materialized. A part of me wonders if the initial sighting was a metaphysical hallucination as the result of a foreign agent exposure I encountered identified as Covidsarsv2. None the less the crew seem to be under the influence of the same delusion that our transport will be delivered as to this never ending next month timeline

*25EmiraUS 😂

It is hard to tell if they do or do not - from the link.

Was skeptical as well, but contacted my sales and confirmed the emira IS coming to Canada. But I heard they haven’t started YET and is expected to arrive in Baltimore in March. So that’s a different timeline as @Lotustoronto suggested.

Edit: Canada gov says EPA only

Funny...however now Canada has joined the "deliveries" club its important to keep in mind that the Emira is real for everyone in the world, except for the USA. Lotus certainly has some level of culpability for the unacceptable delays in the US, but the only difference between the the rest of the world and the US is the California government (CARB). Thanks CARB...you bunch bureaucratic a&&-clowns

Last edited:
Was coordinating visiting my car waiting in jail Saturday with dealer. He mentioned that Lotus had just sent the dealers a message confirming they are still on track for March 13 or sooner (LOL). Whatever that means. More empty dribble talk to dealers sounded like.

Was coordinating visiting my car waiting in jail Saturday with dealer. He mentioned that Lotus had just sent the dealers a message confirming they are still on track for March 13 or sooner (LOL). Whatever that means. More empty dribble talk to dealers sounded like.
Dealers are probably just as frustrated as everyone here. They can’t actually make any money right now and the product they will need to sell for the next several years isn’t looking great (brand more than product but it impacts people’s perceptions and desire to buy even after the CARB fiasco ends).

Funny...however now Canada has joined the "deliveries" club its important to keep in mind that the Emira is real for everyone in the world, except for the USA. Lotus certainly has some level of culpability for the unacceptable delays in the US, but the only difference between the the rest of the world and the US is the California government (CARB). Thanks CARB...you bunch bureaucratic a&&-clowns
No debate from me in regards to CARB but why are so many other manufactures able to get their approval in a timely fashion yet Lotus has effectively "shit the bed" on this issue for a car that they introduced to the public back in early '21?

There's no excuse for this.....

Dealers are probably just as frustrated as everyone here. They can’t actually make any money right now and the product they will need to sell for the next several years isn’t looking great (brand more than product but it impacts people’s perceptions and desire to buy even after the CARB fiasco ends).
The old saying "You only get one chance to make a first impression". With Geely money and the brand relaunch of Lotus introducing a refreshed product lineup (Emria, SUV and sedan etc) I'm sure Lotus was hoping for a much better rollout and reintroduction to world markets. At least in North America, it was an epic fail and will certainly have a real and measurable negative financial effect on Lotus and their dealers.

Figured I'd share some quick remarks for what its worth:

I was in Hethel last week for the second time in as many years. My Emira 1.0 will be my 8th personal Lotus, and having convinced my father and sister to order one as well, in my mind the stable has grown to 10.

I know we are all upset and perhaps even increasingly trepidatious about the car and the delays, dearth of information, and consequent and rampant speculation that has ensued. I'd be the first to attest that its not been handled well, it's not okay, and it's not great for the future, as invigorating Emira owners and ensuring they remain hyper passionate is the best way to engender the needed market awareness, brand evangelism, and frankly hype needed to move the upcoming EVs.

So, that all being said, I have the extreme pleasure of knowing some of the folks over at Lotus. Last year, my whole family went to Hethel following my sisters wedding and had an incredible day touring the factory, design studios, classic center, etc.

This time I returned for a business pursuit, and after having another great day at Lotus, I wanted to try and highlight just how wonderful the people over in Hethel are. The ones doing the design, engineering, testing, assembly, management etc. are as kind, enthusiastic, humble, and hard working as ever. I had a great chat with Matt Windle and was able to tour the assembly line again (and eye the 2.0 colors I wish I could have specced!) and it was great to see things humming along.

While I can't share everything discussed there are some upshots to our delays. They're going on two years of assembly now. Having been through the BMW Munich plant, Corvette production at Bowling Green, The Morgan facility in Malvern, Lamborghini in
Sant'Agata Bolognese, and now Lotus twice, it's cleary evident they're using world standard techniques and the cars are being crafted in a way that belies the still, lets be frank, quite reasonable ask for such low production numbers and advanced techniques. It should go without saying that some of the kinks have been worked out in the time since assembly has started, and even in the year and change since my last visit, you can see updates on the line. They're making more cars, and there's even a new QA facility that's severely upped the number of vehicles sampled from the line daily they go over with the finest of toothed combs. They're far exceeding the sample rate of the many great automakers.

Back to the issues we see here daily, the CARB fiasco flat out sucks, and we all know it. I truly am not privy to the inside story of why things got so delayed, but if anyone has dealt with government agencies, just know the frustration reverberates throughout corporate and the greater dealer network. More so, Lotus is ever aware of the temperature of the North American market and is working to make things right going forward. In transparency, that's one of things I'm trying to work with them on. With the SPAC coming up, it's not legally tenable to be as transparent as we'd all wish, but Lotus is making moves on that front.

I wish you could all see Hethel and I'd enthusiastically implore anyone with the time to go for a visit. Yes, growing up in the church of Clarkson/May/Hammond/Metcalfe/Watson/Harris and all the other legendary British petrolheads its no wonder I became such an anglophile, but I assure it is not with rose tints that I say this is the finest team of people who really do, despite what some have seen here, give a shit.

I think, on balance, once the cars finally arrive (soon, it really is soon) a few turns of the wheel will ensure that the juice has very much been worth the squeeze.

Wish I could have taken photos of the assembly line and the rest of the place.

Cheers everyone

Attachments

• A6BBE6C6-6E5C-4AA4-9309-6786103EED81_1_105_c.jpeg
    A6BBE6C6-6E5C-4AA4-9309-6786103EED81_1_105_c.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 6139AD0B-8B29-4334-8FC0-B3314FE14CCD_1_105_c.jpeg
    6139AD0B-8B29-4334-8FC0-B3314FE14CCD_1_105_c.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 0B03C63E-0D1D-4B87-98AA-E3D99E8745E6_1_105_c.jpeg
    0B03C63E-0D1D-4B87-98AA-E3D99E8745E6_1_105_c.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 080030BE-4852-48EB-9670-43A89F7B1CBB_1_105_c.jpeg
    080030BE-4852-48EB-9670-43A89F7B1CBB_1_105_c.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 146
The old saying "You only get one chance to make a first impression". With Geely money and the brand relaunch of Lotus introducing a refreshed product lineup (Emria, SUV and sedan etc) I'm sure Lotus was hoping for a much better rollout and reintroduction to world markets. At least in North America, it was an epic fail and will certainly have a real and measurable negative financial effect on Lotus and their dealers.
How many dealerships in NA will fail in next few months due to the Lotus s)$& show.
I certainly hope none of them go bankrupt

luckily for most dealerships Lotus is only a small portion of their business. i doubt any are going under from this

Vinfast makes (by all accounts) the absolute worst piece of garbage sold in the US as a car, and yet they managed to get their CARB cert done on time. Ok, so that's an EV, maybe it's simpler. Explain how Ineos could get approval while Lotus botched it. Even Volvo had all their 2024 paperwork done by June 2023. This is not on CARB.

How many dealerships in NA will fail in next few months due to the Lotus s)$& show.
I certainly hope none of them go bankrupt
they holding a ton of non movable inventory at way higher than normal interest rates. I feel bad for dealers in the situation, really the only ones taking a bath financially. I hope lotus compensates them for this. Naples lotus, is small dealership and they sell other exotics. they have over 100 Emiras there that have taken the entire space, including a new warehouse they had to lease just to store these cars. if this was my business id be beyond pissed about inventory taking up your entire lot and you can't move any of the items to sell. this is a total shit show. Ive been waiting for along time, and will continue to wait as this is a car I do want, but it is very sad to say the least of what lotus is doing to their consumers and dealer relationships.

I was in Hethel last week for the second time in as many years. My Emira 1.0 will be my 8th personal Lotus, and having convinced my father and sister to order one as well, in my mind the stable has grown to 10.

I know we are all upset and perhaps even increasingly trepidatious about the car and the delays, dearth of information, and consequent and rampant speculation that has ensued. I'd be the first to attest that its not been handled well, it's not okay, and it's not great for the future, as invigorating Emira owners and ensuring they remain hyper passionate is the best way to engender the needed market awareness, brand evangelism, and frankly hype needed to move the upcoming EVs.

So, that all being said, I have the extreme pleasure of knowing some of the folks over at Lotus. Last year, my whole family went to Hethel following my sisters wedding and had an incredible day touring the factory, design studios, classic center, etc.

This time I returned for a business pursuit, and after having another great day at Lotus, I wanted to try and highlight just how wonderful the people over in Hethel are. The ones doing the design, engineering, testing, assembly, management etc. are as kind, enthusiastic, humble, and hard working as ever. I had a great chat with Matt Windle and was able to tour the assembly line again (and eye the 2.0 colors I wish I could have specced!) and it was great to see things humming along.

While I can't share everything discussed there are some upshots to our delays. They're going on two years of assembly now. Having been through the BMW Munich plant, Corvette production at Bowling Green, The Morgan facility in Malvern, Lamborghini in
Sant'Agata Bolognese, and now Lotus twice, it's cleary evident they're using world standard techniques and the cars are being crafted in a way that belies the still, lets be frank, quite reasonable ask for such low production numbers and advanced techniques. It should go without saying that some of the kinks have been worked out in the time since assembly has started, and even in the year and change since my last visit, you can see updates on the line. They're making more cars, and there's even a new QA facility that's severely upped the number of vehicles sampled from the line daily they go over with the finest of toothed combs. They're far exceeding the sample rate of the many great automakers.

Back to the issues we see here daily, the CARB fiasco flat out sucks, and we all know it. I truly am not privy to the inside story of why things got so delayed, but if anyone has dealt with government agencies, just know the frustration reverberates throughout corporate and the greater dealer network. More so, Lotus is ever aware of the temperature of the North American market and is working to make things right going forward. In transparency, that's one of things I'm trying to work with them on. With the SPAC coming up, it's not legally tenable to be as transparent as we'd all wish, but Lotus is making moves on that front.

I wish you could all see Hethel and I'd enthusiastically implore anyone with the time to go for a visit. Yes, growing up in the church of Clarkson/May/Hammond/Metcalfe/Watson/Harris and all the other legendary British petrolheads its no wonder I became such an anglophile, but I assure it is not with rose tints that I say this is the finest team of people who really do, despite what some have seen here, give a shit.

I think, on balance, once the cars finally arrive (soon, it really is soon) a few turns of the wheel will ensure that the juice has very much been worth the squeeze.

Cheers everyone
Thx for this...I also have toured the factory in Hethel and agree. the passion and quality is impressive. That said, it sure would have been nice to hear a meaningful update from Lotus / Matt Windle instead of you. Not-withstanding...much appreciated.

luckily for most dealerships Lotus is only a small portion of their business. i doubt any are going under from this
I understand that. But I was referring to the lotus side of their business.
Should have been more clear on what I meant

Cheers everyone
This all sounds like some 🐂 💩 lotus would have paid someone to say.

Just my opinion

Thx for this...I also have toured the factory in Hethel and agree. the passion and quality is impressive. That said, it sure would have been nice to hear a meaningful update from Lotus / Matt Windle instead of you. Not-withstanding...much appreciated.
It’s easy to show compassion when you haven’t delivered anything.

Cheers everyone

Excellent post!

Very well written!!

Thank you for sharing!!! :)