• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

"...it'll be later this year that we get the cars over into the states because of the homologation that we need to do."

That almost sounds like it'll be later than summer
Big if true..sigh

The MC20 is THE best looking car on the planet right now (obviously opinions may vary). I don't understand the steep depreciation curve for these.
Uh, it's a Maserati lol. I don't remember a time in the last 2 decades when they weren't the most depreciating cars on the market, so nothing's changed in that regard.

The MC20 is THE best looking car on the planet right now (obviously opinions may vary). I don't understand the steep depreciation curve for these.
Because it's a Maserati. The new ones depreciate because the market remembers everything else they've built.

I was going to join in the meme posting to help drive everyone into a frenzy, but then I went and updated the CARB website and saw this:

I was wondering how the dealerships are set up in the US/Canada. In the UK I was really surprised with the odd set up. When I bought a new Audi I went to the local Audi dealer and bought from them. When I went to the local Lotus dealer I had the choice of buying a used car from them and getting to trade my car in with them or buying new direct from Lotus and selling my car to a third party arranged through Lotus. The dealer has a showroom, does services and warranty issues.
It is the first time I’ve known of a set up like this and thought it was very odd compared to all of the new cars I’ve ever bought.

The Emira V6 is 50 state and even a global car product.

2 cats in the exhaust manifolds one for each bank both with a pre and post cat o2 sensor.
1 cat after the y pipe with no o2 sensors.

We're not looking at changes unless things completely fail, we're just waiting for CARB to finish certifying Lotus' submissions.

Lotus EPA filing paperwork shows they pass CARB emissions requirements in their self testing.

Nothing needs to be done, just a waiting game at this point, watching the bureaucracy gears turn at very slow speeds.
Thank you

Woohoo! in for 10 shares. So far, it's staying true to my usual stock picking performance:

View attachment 37535
I thought the ticker symbol was supposed to be SOON?
Mention Lotus and that's the first thing that comes to mind.
Apparently @Nova added lightness to his portfolio.

I thought the ticker symbol was supposed to be SOON?
Mention Lotus and that's the first thing that comes to mind.
Apparently @Nova added lightness to his portfolio.
It's fitting! So far, all they've lightened is our wallets. Certainly not our spirits.

I was wondering how the dealerships are set up in the US/Canada. In the UK I was really surprised with the odd set up. When I bought a new Audi I went to the local Audi dealer and bought from them. When I went to the local Lotus dealer I had the choice of buying a used car from them and getting to trade my car in with them or buying new direct from Lotus and selling my car to a third party arranged through Lotus. The dealer has a showroom, does services and warranty issues.
It is the first time I’ve known of a set up like this and thought it was very odd compared to all of the new cars I’ve ever bought.
From what I've seen posted the NA Lotus/dealer relationship is a more traditional one compared to the UK.

The agency model used by Lotus UK is becoming more common in the UK, Volvo (possibly no surprise with the Geely link) and Mercedes are two other brands who have adopted it and I believe more brands are planning to move to it in due course.