• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Matt Windle says Emira to be sold this summer in US market due to emissions.... Emira talk starts at 4.35 Sec

"...it'll be later this year that we get the cars over into the states because of the homologation that we need to do."

That almost sounds like it'll be later than summer

Matt Windle says Emira to be sold this summer in US market due to emissions.... Emira talk starts at 4.35 Sec

Yahoo is bad with putting old videos with new written text. Hopefully that was recorded last year when the Eletre come out...so he referring to cars to USA Summer 23...... missed that by a few days..shoulda said coming soon.

Yahoo is bad with putting old videos with new written text. Hopefully that was recorded last year when the Eletre come out...so he referring to cars to USA Summer 23...... missed that by a few days..shoulda said coming soon.
This was absolutely filmed today - from the Lotus Tech stock launch... multiple videos of Lotus CFO online at the moment. I re-watched it.... It is possible this was an older video from the Eletre launch. But very convoluted info being handed out if it is.

Last edited:
To be fair I'm not sure I've heard Matt Windle say a single truthful statement about the Emira. His quotes on cost, timelines, and performance have all proven to be incorrect.

To be fair I'm not sure I've heard Matt Windle say a single truthful statement about the Emira. His quotes on cost, timelines, and performance have all proven to be incorrect.
True.... but if he had good news to share about Emira in the US, today with the Stock being launched is certainly the day to do it!

Or

He is playing the under promise / over deliver... Although Lotus is not known to do this.

Maybe a blanket statement because of the automatic delay until summer?

Dear Customer,

I sincerely apologize for the recent delays in product delivery and the lapse in our communication. We understand the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Our team has been working tirelessly to address the challenges we faced, including unforeseen supply chain issues. We acknowledge that our communication fell short, and we are implementing immediate measures to enhance transparency. As an owner of the company, I take full responsibility for these shortcomings and assure you that we are committed to rectifying the situation promptly. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time.

--
Nova
Thank y
This was absolutely filmed today - from the Lotus Tech stock launch... multiple videos of Lotus CFO online at the moment.
The video says nothing of the IPO launch. Seems like this video is old but if its not and now they are saying later this summer I am really not sure that my heart can take that!

Right. I seriously considered a ‘22 McLaren GT yesterday. ~$50k more than my Emira spec. My brain [wallet] talked some sense back into me.
I was looking at used 991.1 GT3s and 570S and it's pretty hard not to consider them at this point. Staying strong but still annoyed at needing to bike 30 miles in the rain to get to work.