• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Every EV maker other than Tesla would probably disagree with that (since they're all either already bankrupt, taking massive losses, or on the verge of going under since only Tesla has turned it into a profitable business). I'm sure Lotus will extend the life of the ICE version of the Emira beyond what they've stated.
It shocks me how much the world had turned against Tesla simply because they no longer like its leader. Here is the one company that is actually successful and profitable selling EVs and has built out the only viable large scale charging network. All the other EV makers are still playing with the house's money in this regard.

It shocks me how much the world had turned against Tesla simply because they no longer like its leader. Here is the one company that is actually successful and profitable selling EVs and has built out the only viable large scale charging network. All the other EV makers are still playing with the house's money in this regard.
Their build quality has done downhill, and their leader insisted on building a pickup that can't off-road, can't deal with snow, and must be washed immediately because they didn't clear coat it. Meanwhile the roadster 2.0 they promised years ago is nowhere to be seen. I'd be worried about the direction the company was headed and that's before the mask came off.

Their build quality has done downhill, and their leader insisted on building a pickup that can't off-road, can't deal with snow, and must be washed immediately because they didn't clear coat it. Meanwhile the roadster 2.0 they promised years ago is nowhere to be seen. I'd be worried about the direction the company was headed and that's before the mask came off.
And I suspect that many are put off by their leader pushing his political agenda instead of making cars and rockets.

So looking at the California carb compliant vehicles it looks like some of them have an extra catalytic converter and an additional 02 sensor… It’s going to be really fun if they have to change the exhaust system on the carb compliant vehicles…

So looking at the California carb compliant vehicles it looks like some of them have an extra catalytic converter and an additional 02 sensor… It’s going to be really fun if they have to change the exhaust system on the carb compliant vehicles…

The Emira V6 is 50 state and even a global car product.

2 cats in the exhaust manifolds one for each bank both with a pre and post cat o2 sensor.
1 cat after the y pipe with no o2 sensors.

We're not looking at changes unless things completely fail, we're just waiting for CARB to finish certifying Lotus' submissions.

Lotus EPA filing paperwork shows they pass CARB emissions requirements in their self testing.

Nothing needs to be done, just a waiting game at this point, watching the bureaucracy gears turn at very slow speeds.

I bought one share of LOT. It immediately lost value. 😅
Woohoo! in for 10 shares. So far, it's staying true to my usual stock picking performance:

1708710882935.png

The build quality is alright... It's laughable in some parts, but overall, knock on wood, I think it's perfectly serviceable. At least the body panels don't flex visibly when I press on it, like on the most recent two Odysseys I've owned.

Tesla takes a lot of risks, but for the products they are building/selling in large quantities, they are making money at scale, which is FAR more than what I can say about any of the other manufacturers. People in my neighborhood turn their noses up at Tesla these days because they are so common, so they are all buying Rivians (looking like a Range Rover helps), but Rivian is in big trouble.

I'm not here to defend any one particular product, but just making observations on the broad general trend, which is that I see Tesla will continue to win the EV competition in the US, delivering on the very thing that environmental groups having been claiming is the dream of EVs, but getting shunned by these groups simply because they don't like the owner's political opinions.

People who put their questionably vague values ahead of clear and concise practical interests will generally have a very bad time at life.

Based on the lackluster North American market launch, I'm still happy to wait (and wait and wait....) for the Emira but I'd never buy the stock.

Dear Customer,

I sincerely apologize for the recent delays in product delivery and the lapse in our communication. We understand the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Our team has been working tirelessly to address the challenges we faced, including unforeseen supply chain issues. We acknowledge that our communication fell short, and we are implementing immediate measures to enhance transparency. As an owner of the company, I take full responsibility for these shortcomings and assure you that we are committed to rectifying the situation promptly. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time.

--
Nova

Dear Customer,

I sincerely apologize for the recent delays in product delivery and the lapse in our communication. We understand the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Our team has been working tirelessly to address the challenges we faced, including unforeseen supply chain issues. We acknowledge that our communication fell short, and we are implementing immediate measures to enhance transparency. As an owner of the company, I take full responsibility for these shortcomings and assure you that we are committed to rectifying the situation promptly. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time.

--
Nova
Who sent this and when?

Dear Customer,

--
Time2Fly

Totally agree with you, sometimes we only look at things from a very narrow perspective… We forget to look at the positive side of events that effect us…
This time has only improved the product we are receiving… Congratulations for communicating it so well!!! My deepest Thanks!
This post gives me hope. When the CARB deal gets done, I'll pull the trigger on an order.

Matt Windle says Emira to be sold this summer in US market due to emissions.... Emira talk starts at 4.35 Sec

"...it'll be later this year that we get the cars over into the states because of the homologation that we need to do."

That almost sounds like it'll be later than summer