• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I would definitely buy that new MR2 if they bring that design to the market.
Absolutely. That new MR2 is incredible. I am monitoring all "lightweight" EV sportscars and the MR2 is at the top of the list.

So I got to see the Eletre R in green. Great looking car but don't really want to dive to much into that. I am not that much into SUVs and EV SUVs to boot.

The star of the show IMO was a Seneca, Black Pack, Black Gloss Rims, Yellow Caliper, Ice Grey Interior spec which looked absolutely massive. Made me rethink my whole stuff. That spec is right in line with a Lotus, if you know what I mean.

emira-ice.jpeg

It’s from Dallas… great so my car is outside too 🥲🥲
I saw some videos of the cars coming in with like a packaging wrap, I wonder if these didn't come with those or the dealer took them off for whatever reason.

I saw some videos of the cars coming in with like a packaging wrap, I wonder if these didn't come with those or the dealer took them off for whatever reason.
Took them off for tiktok… jk hopefully something sensible.

Half and half. I saw some being delivered fully unwrapped and some wrapped. I believe if it's coming open transport they stay wrapped.

So I got to see the Eletre R in green. Great looking car but don't really want to dive to much into that. I am not that much into SUVs and EV SUVs to boot.

The star of the show IMO was a Seneca, Black Pack, Black Gloss Rims, Yellow Caliper, Ice Grey Interior spec which looked absolutely massive. Made me rethink my whole stuff. That spec is right in line with a Lotus, if you know what I mean.

View attachment 37629
That’s my spec! I won’t mind if you post more pictures of it 😁

The white protective film looked like it was for transport only. Since it does not cover the whole car, and is applied only partially, there will be edges where dirt and grime can attach to. I think it's better to remove stuff like that as soon as possible.

Yeah, the little Emira spacesuits are just for transportation. Dealers remove that stuff during the PDI process. I'm sure they want these things ready for customer delivery ASAP!

The white protective film looked like it was for transport only. Since it does not cover the whole car, and is applied only partially, there will be edges where dirt and grime can attach to. I think it's better to remove stuff like that as soon as possible.
In Dallas they were doing some paint correction as part of the PDI. All in all the cars looked good. I wonder if we’re making more of a deal out of the paint.

In Dallas they were doing some paint correction as part of the PDI. All in all the cars looked good. I wonder if we’re making more of a deal out of the paint.
Paint from factory is not the best. Different paint thickness, bubbling, swirls and such. I'm sure it looks great, but pass the 1 inch test may be difficult. For someone like me I don't really care about some minor paint imperfections. But will not tolerate bubbling, happend 2 my elise.

I'm glad I'm getting full paint correction before my PPF.

Kind of the industry standard, can you imagine spending that much money to lock in messed up paint?
That would be awful. But there's simple correction and the whole hog, and I'm having them do it all.

Jail visit to my car on Saturday. Nice weather this time and full sun. Got to take it out for a while so it wasn't just sitting all this time. Also was promised it would go right back in showroom.
Last time inside I didnt notice the very light swirl marks on most of the drivers side of the black pack roof and some of the passenger. Pattern looked very precisely spaced so dont think it was caused by an idiot with a rag. I think they should come out with light paint correction. Very isolated swirls on the hood. Rest of the paint looks superb though. Almost undetectable orange peel in very few spots. Surprised how good it was. Hope no bubbles yet to appear.
Drive was great except constant driver error not being used to the brakes. Did notice when using carplay (mightve been there when not using) that the gear indicator on the dash wasnt instantaneous when went from N to 1 to 2. Maybe supposed be like that? Other than that no gremlins or issues.
Car had a full tank of gas so wasnt sitting with 2 gallons since built.
side2.JPG