• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Jail visit to my car on Saturday. Nice weather this time and full sun. Got to take it out for a while so it wasn't just sitting all this time. Also was promised it would go right back in showroom.
Last time inside I didnt notice the very light swirl marks on most of the drivers side of the black pack roof and some of the passenger. Pattern looked very precisely spaced so dont think it was caused by an idiot with a rag. I think they should come out with light paint correction. Very isolated swirls on the hood. Rest of the paint looks superb though. Almost undetectable orange peel in very few spots. Surprised how good it was. Hope no bubbles yet to appear.
Drive was great except constant driver error not being used to the brakes. Did notice when using carplay (mightve been there when not using) that the gear indicator on the dash wasnt instantaneous when went from N to 1 to 2. Maybe supposed be like that? Other than that no gremlins or issues.
Car had a full tank of gas so wasnt sitting with 2 gallons since built.
View attachment 37647
I thought the same thing switching gears in my test drive. I noticed it didn't instantaneously show what gear I was in when driving slow. I wasn't sure if it was a lotus thing or driving mode thing.

Jail visit to my car on Saturday. Nice weather this time and full sun. Got to take it out for a while so it wasn't just sitting all this time. Also was promised it would go right back in showroom.
Last time inside I didnt notice the very light swirl marks on most of the drivers side of the black pack roof and some of the passenger. Pattern looked very precisely spaced so dont think it was caused by an idiot with a rag. I think they should come out with light paint correction. Very isolated swirls on the hood. Rest of the paint looks superb though. Almost undetectable orange peel in very few spots. Surprised how good it was. Hope no bubbles yet to appear.
Drive was great except constant driver error not being used to the brakes. Did notice when using carplay (mightve been there when not using) that the gear indicator on the dash wasnt instantaneous when went from N to 1 to 2. Maybe supposed be like that? Other than that no gremlins or issues.
View attachment 37647
Nice spec. If it had ice grey interior it would be identical to mine.

View attachment 37647
Wait you got to go take it for a drive?

Wait you got to go take it for a drive?
Yep. I couldn't take it home of course at any time if I'd been local (not feasible as live 2 hrs away). Probably technically has to be a test drive to make sure all is good.

Yep. I couldn't take it home of course at any time if I'd been local (not feasible as live 2 hrs away). Probably technically has to be a test drive to make sure all is good.
Technically they are not supposed to even allow the test drive. Dealer probably would prefer it not being known they are letting customers do it.

The MC20 is THE best looking car on the planet right now (obviously opinions may vary). I don't understand the steep depreciation curve for these.
The MC20 engines are built by Ferrari in Maranello--I saw the Maserati V6 engine line while on a tour this summer at Ferrari.

the gear indicator on the dash wasnt instantaneous when went from N to 1 to 2. Maybe supposed be like that?
The gear indicator isn't a signal from the gearbox. It figures out what gear you're in based on RPM and wheel speed. At low speeds and particularly when not under load, it's slower to react.

The MC20 is THE best looking car on the planet right now (obviously opinions may vary). I don't understand the steep depreciation curve for these.
I don't disagree. If it had a manual transmission I would have already pulled the trigger. It's on my target list to pick up once they start hitting the $150k mark.

The gear indicator isn't a signal from the gearbox. It figures out what gear you're in based on RPM and wheel speed. At low speeds and particularly when not under load, it's slower to react.
What i guessed. I figured i was just driving too slowly. Should pop up a message "Drive faster fool"

The MC20 engines are built by Ferrari in Maranello--I saw the Maserati V6 engine line while on a tour this summer at Ferrari.
Are you sure about this? I was under the impression the this association had ended and the V6 "Nettuno" engine was developed In-house by Maserati.

Are you sure about this? I was under the impression the this association had ended and the V6 "Nettuno" engine was developed In-house by Maserati.
The MC20 is the Ferrari F154 engine.

The MC20 engine is made by Maserati in Modena, Italy. Maserati's other V6 engines are made by Ferrari in Maranello.

I don't disagree. If it had a manual transmission I would have already pulled the trigger. It's on my target list to pick up once they start hitting the $150k mark.
$150k for an MC20 is pretty dang compelling. The car is very exotic and gorgeous.

agreed 150k is a pretty incredible deal for one. the doors even go UP