• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Greetings all. I just put my reservation in line to order from Lotus in Orlando FL. I know the actual order date is probably nearly a year away, but after seeing an Emira in person (and sitting in one) I absolutely had to get my name on the list. I can't wait for deliveries to take place as to hear all of the feedback. Hoping the CARB topic finalizes very soon so the holdup can be put behind us.

At this point I don’t think I’m getting the car until may.
My vehicle is still in England, the carb ba isn’t done.
I doubt they would ship it until the carb stuff is done.

So basically if the paper work is done and approve by March 13 there will likely be weeks delays to ship so the vehicle won’t be here till April… it’ll take another month for it to get to the dealership and then it’ll take another month for them to call me so my guess is soonest will be may.

My dealer told me he's not getting any more cars to store/park until CARB is approved. They are being held at port instead of shipped to him. Just what he said. Not sure if unique to him.
Previously said Lotus has to pay them for the space at the dealers its taking up. Might make sense if all that true so they save money.

So basically if the paper work is done and approve by March 13 there will likely be weeks delays to ship so the vehicle won’t be here till April… it’ll take another month for it to get to the dealership and then it’ll take another month for them to call me so my guess is soonest will be may.
I fear your timeline may be spot on.
Mine has been sitting in Norfolk awaiting CARB as well.
My best guess is at least six to eight more weeks of winter ;-(

Just a thought, I have a VIN, Car is sitting at factory per last report. Could I take delivery at factory, Pay for car/get insurance. Drive around England/Europe & return car to factory for shipment to USA after CARB is approved? What would/could prevent this?

My dealer told me he's not getting any more cars to store/park until CARB is approved. They are being held at port instead of shipped to him. Just what he said. Not sure if unique to him.
Previously said Lotus has to pay them for the space at the dealers its taking up. Might make sense if all that true so they save money.
Mine is supposedly sitting at the Baltimore port too. My dealer is in FL.

Just a thought, I have a VIN, Car is sitting at factory per last report. Could I take delivery at factory, Pay for car/get insurance. Drive around England/Europe & return car to factory for shipment to USA after CARB is approved? What would/could prevent this?
That would be nice. Porsche has this exact same program but no way Lotus do that and has been asked. Too many legalities and insurance laws. If Lotus started that program today it might be ready by 2080.

Greetings all. I just put my reservation in line to order from Lotus in Orlando FL. I know the actual order date is probably nearly a year away, but after seeing an Emira in person (and sitting in one) I absolutely had to get my name on the list. I can't wait for deliveries to take place as to hear all of the feedback. Hoping the CARB topic finalizes very soon so the holdup can be put behind us.

Welcome to the party @WindJunkie 👽🤙🏼

Are you sure about this? I was under the impression the this association had ended and the V6 "Nettuno" engine was developed In-house by Maserati.
The Maserati engines are different than the 296, using a different head design entirely. Whether the block is the same, I do not know.. I just know that Maserati has outsourced the build to Ferrari.

I know we are all starved for news/updates. Here's a morsel: 7 more Emiras arrived at Baltimore yesterday:

1709043498027.png

That would be nice. Porsche has this exact same program but no way Lotus do that and has been asked. Too many legalities and insurance laws. If Lotus started that program today it might be ready by 2080.
So they could implement it “soon”

That's a new Notify Party. Could be going a new place? Canada?
It's been the same for other shipments as well. The notify party is the WW shipping line - I'm assuming that's the line that Lotus contracted with and they subbed it out to a smaller line. In the past when the cars were destined for other countries like Japan or Australia, the notify party has bee a business in one of those countries.

Question: I placed my pre-order for a FE V2 in March 23 and my final order in October 23, at which time I received my Submission ID from Lotus. At what point can I expect to obtain a VIN #? My dealer (Naples) is not very responsive nor provides any updates.