• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Question: I placed my pre-order for a FE V2 in March 23 and my final order in October 23, at which time I received my Submission ID from Lotus. At what point can I expect to obtain a VIN #? My dealer (Naples) is not very responsive nor provides any updates.
I submitted my official order august 30, 2023,
Got VIN Dec 19, 2023
Car showed up at dealer Jan 16th, 2024
Take delivery: SOON (n)

Your results may vary.

Last edited:
Submitted my pre order feb 17 ‘24, got my submission ID for FE 2.0… not holding my breath

It's been the same for other shipments as well. The notify party is the WW shipping line - I'm assuming that's the line that Lotus contracted with and they subbed it out to a smaller line. In the past when the cars were destined for other countries like Japan or Australia, the notify party has bee a business in one of those countries.
Looking closer, it seems to match some of the context seen on prior shipments that were going onward to other ports in the Americas. The last one that came through on a Wallenius ship originating from Hamble, UK ended up going to Panama I believe. Not sure where this one is going, but I suspect this small batch is not being offloaded for US final delivery.

For context... most of the recent shipments of US-bound Emiras were shipped from Liverpool on ships operated by Atlantic Container Line.

Looking closer, it seems to match some of the context seen on prior shipments that were going onward to other ports in the Americas. The last one that came through on a Wallenius ship originating from Hamble, UK ended up going to Panama I believe. Not sure where this one is going, but I suspect this small batch is not being offloaded for US final delivery.

For context... most of the recent shipments of US-bound Emiras were shipped from Liverpool on ships operated by Atlantic Container Line.
The first 150 cars that we received also came from Hamble, UK. The consignee is the most important clue, however. For importing, the consignee is the party that is financially responsible for the goods being delivered. In all shipping matters, this is the final buyer of the goods. If you look at the consignee of other shipments going to other countries, they are always the Lotus entity in those other countries. For this shipment, the consignee is Lotus Cars USA, so these cars are supposed to stay here in the US. Hopefully by tomorrow ImportGenius will reveal the VINs in this shipment.

By the way, I figured out the meaning of the 12th digit in the Emira VIN number:

ALHD Federal Sport Chassis
BLHD Federal Tour Chassis
CLHD Canada Sport Chassis
DLHD Canada Tour Chassis
MRHD Sport Chassis
NRHD Tour Chassis
RLHD Sport Chassis
SLHD Tour Chassis

so got my VIN now as well. I looked through about 30 pages of this thread before I gave up looking, but... Didn't somebody have a means of determining where a vehicle was at this point based on VIN? I looked it up on the NHTSA sight, which confirms its correct and in fact a Lotus... but doesn't say if its in Hethel vs. Baltimore.... CARB state dealer ...

so got my VIN now as well. I looked through about 30 pages of this thread before I gave up looking, but... Didn't somebody have a means of determining where a vehicle was at this point based on VIN? I looked it up on the NHTSA sight, which confirms its correct and in fact a Lotus... but doesn't say if its in Hethel vs. Baltimore.... CARB state dealer ...

Nope sorry, there's no such way right now -- only Lotus could tell you but they won't.

If you've been given a VIN and are in a carb state, then your car is either still in Hethel or at Norfolk awaiting shipment.
Mine has been at Norfolk for six weeks now!
It won't be shipped until CARB is certified.
I'm in a CARB state (PA).

#FireMattWindle

Some marketing/Network development jobs posted today. Positive development I guess, pending CARB approvals

For entertainment purposes… where’s that guy that said $LOT was a better buy than Bitcoin. To kill some time waiting on cars I want to compare charts 😂

So I put a deposit down back in November '23, originally was thinking the I4 but switched in December to the V6 manual after they delayed I4 til next year sometime. Everyone seems to be getting some kind of submission ID from what I'm reading on here, but everytime I reach out to my dealer they say it's in there but still nothing with build date or any proof of anything. Just seeing if this is normal to wait over 2 months to even get some kind of confirmation if I'm actually going to have my car built.

So I put a deposit down back in November '23, originally was thinking the I4 but switched in December to the V6 manual after they delayed I4 til next year sometime. Everyone seems to be getting some kind of submission ID from what I'm reading on here, but everytime I reach out to my dealer they say it's in there but still nothing with build date or any proof of anything. Just seeing if this is normal to wait over 2 months to even get some kind of confirmation if I'm actually going to have my car built.
All I got was a very basic deposit form from my dealer stating I'd made a deposit. I never got a build date or any confirmation of my spec from Lotus or the dealership. It was all crickets. Then, a year later, my car arrived at the dealership. I'd say don't worry about it. Silence seems to be the Lotus way.

EDIT: To be fair, my dealer has been great and has told me whatever they could. I put all of this on Lotus corporate, not the dealers in general.

Put deposit down Oct 9, 2021.

Received official email from Lotus with order ID Nov 17, 2021 telling I'm in the fast lane (rightttt) and to configure my car in the winter.
A few winters later and delay emails.
Aug 30, 2023 submitted official order through dealer. The original order ID stayed same. Nothing from Lotus confirming it. Just the dealers order form.

I think theyve totally changed that process since. Not like Lotus to have a clearly defined consistent process. Ask your dealer how far back you are from customers who have submitted their final spec and order.

Not sure if this is a troll 🤣.

Deposit July 21
Got the call to spec my build for FE V2 September 23
On last check in 2 weeks ago, build is locked implying it was in production

Not sure if this is a troll 🤣.

Deposit July 21
Got the call to spec my build for FE V2 September 23
On last check in 2 weeks ago, build is locked implying it was in production
Anyone in the 30 months plus Big Wait for an Emira, be advised your car can now be considered Heritage Edition.

I put deposit 0ct 2022
Just normal dealer invoice showing my $5k deposit.
No emails at all.
No communication unless I called
once every 6 months.
last call a week ago I . got some info finally..
Im about #160th on depositer list
I guess they are at #75
I think he said #220 total
Fuk Haven't even test driven one in Toronto at dealership
Or seen colour disc's etc

Its fair to say at this point those of us who placed deposits over 2 years ago and have endured this journey are a special breed indeed!

ateu.gif

Last edited:
November 2021 depositor. Got an FE2.0 order slot.
July 2023 the official build was submitted.

I thought in November of 2021 that I was SUPER late in ordering and that would cause mine to be delayed a year or so behind the first cars arriving. Little did I know that mine would be delivered in one of the first ships over to the USA 2 years later and then sit at a dealer for a few months.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back