• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Do we know when the next lotus dealer meeting is? Half way through the latest window for approval to be granted, were starved for news.

Do we know when the next lotus dealer meeting is? Half way through the latest window for approval to be granted, were starved for news.
I'm going on the assumption that no news is good news. Not much to say until either CARB gets off their lazy asses and signs off or March 12th passes us by.

Checks are still kind of mind boggling to me. It's a piece of paper anyone can print and sign and initiate a financial transaction with. And banks are supposed to match the signature with the account holder.

Checks are still kind of mind boggling to me. It's a piece of paper anyone can print and sign and initiate a financial transaction with. And banks are supposed to match the signature with the account holder.
Did you ever hear the story of the guy who replaced the "blank deposit slips" with his personal deposit slips inside the bank? Guy got away with a couple million in deposits before it was found out. I always find it amazing that they have those slips in an open spot in the bank and they are not really watched.

New milestone unlocked today:
970 days since I placed my deposit
178 days since the car was built and parked outside
34 days since the dealer reconfirmed address for shipment of gift that I have yet to receive

Reading all of the posts on this forum throughout this journey has been wildly entertaining. Hopefully, my first post will break the CARB curse.

Did you ever hear the story of the guy who replaced the "blank deposit slips" with his personal deposit slips inside the bank? Guy got away with a couple million in deposits before it was found out. I always find it amazing that they have those slips in an open spot in the bank and they are not really watched.
When I first learned how checks worked and described it to my family when I went to visit them in China, they thought I was nuts. Their conclusion was that Americans are a honest and trustful people that built a society of strong and pure morals, and so if I applied myself to my studied, worked hard, I was sure to be successful in such a place.

Story is the right word here. That would be completely impossible without help from the tellers or a systematic failure of any validation for deposits.. First the bank would have to not check any of the names on the checks and the account they were depositing into. If you're a teller, you have a check made out to yourself, when they run the deposit slip to see where it is getting deposited they would verify the name match and they would figure out something is wrong. Even if this was missed multiple times for some reason those people would wonder why there money isn't in their account and the bank would back track the deposits.

When I first learned how checks worked and described it to my family when I went to visit them in China, they thought I was nuts. Their conclusion was that Americans are a honest and trustful people that built a society of strong and pure morals, and so if I applied myself to my studied, worked hard, I was sure to be successful in such a place.
At the time (back in the day so to speak), people placed a very high value on a person's word. Your word was your bond. A handshake was considered a contract. Not everyone knew how to read or write back then, so your word and a handshake was something people valued and went out of their way to honor and protect.

Now you have to have witnesses and a video, and even then....

Strange days have found us.

New milestone unlocked today:
970 days since I placed my deposit
178 days since the car was built and parked outside
34 days since the dealer reconfirmed address for shipment of gift that I have yet to receive

Reading all of the posts on this forum throughout this journey has been wildly entertaining. Hopefully, my first post will break the CARB curse.
coming in with some strong stats 💪

welcome to the party!

Story is the right word here. That would be completely impossible without help from the tellers or a systematic failure of any validation for deposits.. First the bank would have to not check any of the names on the checks and the account they were depositing into. If you're a teller, you have a check made out to yourself, when they run the deposit slip to see where it is getting deposited they would verify the name match and they would figure out something is wrong. Even if this was missed multiple times for some reason those people would wonder why there money isn't in their account and the bank would back track the deposits.
In his memoirs, Frank Abagnale (of Catch Me If You Can fame) claimed that he successfully pulled off this scam…

Did anybody really think that "between Feb. 12-Mar 13" meant ASAP? lol My guess is as close to March 13 as possible, if not on that actual day.

Did anybody really think that "between Feb. 12-Mar 13" meant ASAP? lol My guess is as close to March 13 as possible, if not on that actual day.
I interpreted it differently. My assumption was that the dates provided were a formal written response window. Meaning that CARB could provide the following response, “we need more time to review,” by March 13th. Much like how the FDA drug approval process works. Let’s hope I’m wrong.

Hope you’re correct.
Me personally I don’t believe it’s Mach 13
The last email information on the delivery dates was just same as every other bullshit email we have had since the day lotus announced the launch in August 2021
A person (me in particular) can endure so much , but enough is enough
Edit all of us imo need psychiatric help for actually believing anything from Lotus.

Drooling over Emira since Oct 2021 deposit and for first time seriously considering walking away from my 2.0. Contemplating just putting that money towards early retirement and driving F-Type into the ground. Plus just picked this electric Mini up as extra family car. Amazing how many smiles per $ you get in handling and instant torque. View attachment 37558
I am on a list to get to order!. Paid to be there. Not a peep of what's happening from the dealer.
Summer's coming, I am aging, here is my stop-gap solution.
I will take possession in a week! :)
Exige.jpg

Beautiful car.. Good luck and enjoy.. I won't be getting mine until late summer, but I hope all of you with cars sitting at dealerships get theirs soon!

I took that to mean that they had resubmitted with new information on Feb 12th and expected a response/approval in 30 days.