USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Hello all,

New to the forum. Been lurking since the car was announced a few years ago.
I managed to get a reservation for V6 FE 2.0 6MT in California. I started calling all the dealers in the US the Monday the first US deliveries started. I wanted to place a deposit when the car was announced in 2021, however I never went through with it.

I was able to secure a "pre-ordered" car by the dealer. I am not sure what exactly this means. I am assuming it was an allocation for the dealer to eventually have on the floor and sell from the showroom. Please correct me if I'm wrong. They said no changes can be made to the order spec at this time.

I was promised an April 2024 build date with a June / July delivery. Does this make sense to you guys? I submitted a deposit and I have a submission / order ID number. Is there any other information that can be provided to me? What are the current build timelines? Is there an order tracking website? I do not have a VIN yet. Will I get a Lotus gift package?

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum! What dealer did you go with in California? Congrats on getting a car so quickly!

Will you offer your thoughts on the quality of the PPF install? Are the edges visible? Thank you.
It is Nano Fusion PPF. Just got back from the dealer. You see the edges on the rear view mirror and rear wheel well. Front and underside look great. I thought overall looked very good. Installer flew in from Tennessee to do mine and one other car.

Sales rep said at another dealer they used Xpel and it lifted some paint off the car.

Welcome to the Forum! What dealer did you go with in California? Congrats on getting a car so quickly!
Thanks!

Galpin Motors in Van Nuys. Well I haven’t gotten the car yet, I just was hoping for some more information from the forum regarding my order / purchase timeline.

If anyone wants a contact there, I can refer. So far so good from the customer support side of things.

Thanks!

Galpin Motors in Van Nuys. Well I haven’t gotten the car yet, I just was hoping for some more information from the forum regarding my order / purchase timeline.

If anyone wants a contact there, I can refer. So far so good from the customer support side of things.
Sorry, I meant getting an allocation for a car! Is it a first edition V6 manual? If so, I believe the consensus all should be delivered by mid summer. I am surprised they had a dealer spec'd car incoming. Looks like there waitlist has been filled!

Hello all,

New to the forum. Been lurking since the car was announced a few years ago.
I managed to get a reservation for V6 FE 2.0 6MT in California. I started calling all the dealers in the US the Monday the first US deliveries started. I wanted to place a deposit when the car was announced in 2021, however I never went through with it.

I was able to secure a "pre-ordered" car by the dealer. I am not sure what exactly this means. I am assuming it was an allocation for the dealer to eventually have on the floor and sell from the showroom. Please correct me if I'm wrong. They said no changes can be made to the order spec at this time.

I was promised an April 2024 build date with a June / July delivery. Does this make sense to you guys? I submitted a deposit and I have a submission / order ID number. Is there any other information that can be provided to me? What are the current build timelines? Is there an order tracking website? I do not have a VIN yet. Will I get a Lotus gift package?

Thanks!
I take that to mean you have the option to take someone else's order they specd out. You wont be able to select anything. Just decide if you can live with the spec thats on order. The dealer should have a copy of their exact spec now so you can decide.

I’m surprised there is no $2,350 destination fee, which is charged by lotus corp

So I guess no one is getting the LOTUS lettering in the carpet anymore?

Guess we need to get this stencil...

img_5380-jpeg.25952
The dealer will charge 100 dollars a letter

I take that to mean you have the option to take someone else's order they specd out. You wont be able to select anything. Just decide if you can live with the spec thats on order. The dealer should have a copy of their exact spec now so you can decide.
Sorry, I meant getting an allocation for a car! Is it a first edition V6 manual? If so, I believe the consensus all should be delivered by mid summer. I am surprised they had a dealer spec'd car incoming. Looks like there waitlist has been filled!

When I called the dealer, which was the first day of deliveries in the US, they mentioned that they had 3 dealer spec'd cars available. By mid-afternoon, only 2 remained of which I deposited on one of them (meaning one was left). The dealer gave me the configurator code for all three that were available and luckily one spec was close to what I wanted 3 years ago. I do not believe these were cancellations or previously reserved by customers.

It is definitely a FE manual at the 2.0 price point. I have high suspicion that dealers were not reaching out to waitlist customers the first week of deliveries in the US. I called MANY dealers who had cars available due to cancellations. They were willing to offer the cars up at varying prices at or above MSRP. These dealers definitely did not go through their waitlists first to see if those previously signed up customers wanted in on the cancellations.

This is the reason why I started calling dealers instead of getting on a waitlist. I ended up reserving a dealer spec'd car and not a cancelled car (per the dealer, not sure if this is actually 100% true).

When I called the dealer, which was the first day of deliveries in the US, they mentioned that they had 3 dealer spec'd cars available. By mid-afternoon, only 2 remained of which I deposited on one of them (meaning one was left). The dealer gave me the configurator code for all three that were available and luckily one spec was close to what I wanted 3 years ago. I do not believe these were cancellations or previously reserved by customers.

It is definitely a FE manual at the 2.0 price point. I have high suspicion that dealers were not reaching out to waitlist customers the first week of deliveries in the US. I called MANY dealers who had cars available due to cancellations. They were willing to offer the cars up at varying prices at or above MSRP. These dealers definitely did not go through their waitlists first to see if those previously signed up customers wanted in on the cancellations.

This is the reason why I started calling dealers instead of getting on a waitlist. I ended up reserving a dealer spec'd car and not a cancelled car (per the dealer, not sure if this is actually 100% true).
What’s the ADM?

They told you MSRP? That’s unusual for Galpin.
It’s unclear at this point what my purchase price will be. I stated I wouldn’t be paying adm but I’m sure they will be tacking on random dealer prep nitro tire stuff

I just got notified by FedEx that a package from LOTUS CARS USA is en route to me. At 1.35 lbs, I doubt that it is my long lost Em

It is your Emira: it’s being shipped in the new dehydrated form factor. Just add water and you’ll be all set 👍🏼
I just got my present today! I thought they forgot about me 😂
image.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back