USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Picked up our car yesterday from Lotus Orlando, great team of people there, super happy. I let my son drive it home, he loved it.

Attachments

• IMG_2086.jpeg
    IMG_2086.jpeg
    663.9 KB · Views: 168
Curious if anyone receiving their cars now are finding they have black/white badges. Hard to understand if the ones we've seen in posts so far have been swaps or if they came that way upon delivery. Hoping for yellow badges on my 2.0 Seneca and no surprises.

Ok thanks for confirming. So are you saying no US deliveries are getting the new black/white badges as standard?
ALL the NA cars are getting the yellow and black. I asked dealer yesterday. This is the new logo. So early uk ones had other logo, but all NA is gold and black.

ALL the NA cars are getting the yellow and black. I asked dealer yesterday. This is the new logo. So early uk ones had other logo, but all NA is gold and black.
If mine are yellow and black (I know the yellow for sure) then I may switch them on my Mist White Black Pack to the White/Black. If it was yellow/green I'd probably keep them out of being sentimental to the original colors. But Black/Yellow I feel like I don't have to be beholden.

Picked up our car yesterday from Lotus Orlando, great team of people there, super happy. I let my son drive it home, he loved it.
Looking good! Give us your impressions. It's so nice to be able to finally read people's first impressions instead of what went on in here before deliveries started. What are your son's impressions?

@DerTheDer Thanks for confirming, much appreciated. Yellow/Black def works better for me than the Black/White (even though I'd prefer the Yellow/Green). But now I'm a bit confused: Seems like there's actually THREE different color schemes of badges out there in the wild, is that correct? Yellow/Green, Yellow/Black and Black/White? If so, what cars are getting Black/White? Or is this just aftermarket? Or not until base models? Seems at least one dealer announced the black/white badges would be on the FE 2.0s. And did ANY Emiras (anywhere in the world) actually get Yellow/Green?

Looking good! Give us your impressions. It's so nice to be able to finally read people's first impressions instead of what went on in here before deliveries started. What are your son's impressions?
He's currently driving a manual FR-S, and felt the manual in the Emira was smoother than the manual in his FR-S. Ride harshness wise, we went tour instead of sport, and we both felt it was a nice ride, not to harsh or stiff, but you did get a good feel of the road. Both very pleased and happy with the car. One thing that made me smile, I was telling him after the warranty I would probably trade it in for something else ( I usually only keep cars to that point) and he asked if I would keep it long enough that he could buy it off of me (y)

He's currently driving a manual FR-S, and felt the manual in the Emira was smoother than the manual in his FR-S. Ride harshness wise, we went tour instead of sport, and we both felt it was a nice ride, not to harsh or stiff, but you did get a good feel of the road. Both very pleased and happy with the car. One thing that made me smile, I was telling him after the warranty I would probably trade it in for something else ( I usually only keep cars to that point) and he asked if I would keep it long enough that he could buy it off of me (y)
Him wanting to buy it is a VERY good sign. This car might be the 'supercar' the younger generation aspires to.

Congrats! Appreciate you picking up your car and making room so cars at the port (mine) can arrive at the dealership.

And yes, experience with Lotus of Orlando has been great so far.

Did you get your windows tinted?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back