USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I finally got my Lotus gift box today!

As I was opening my package my wife dove in and snagged the pen. She looked at it, then handed it back to me. She said,' You keep it. Porsche sent me a carbon fiber pen. I don't want this one."

At least the Lotus pen was made in Germany and should work well...
We got a Porsche pen too with our vehicle purchase. Thought it was great till I looked it up and found out it was just a regular pen with Porsche logo. With the Lotus one I swapped out the ink cartridge with a Parker Gel and it writes and feels awesome. I like it better than some of my $200 plus actual Parkers.

We got a Porsche pen too with our vehicle purchase. Thought it was great till I looked it up and found out it was just a regular pen with Porsche logo. With the Lotus one I swapped out the ink cartridge with a Parker Gel and it writes and feels awesome. I like it better than some of my $200 plus actual Parkers.
My dopey Porsche Pen all carbon stopped working 3 months after I got mine from Porsche. Thank G the car lasted a lot longer before I sold it.

View attachment 38958

Le saga is almost over. Should be delivered this weekend. Was able to go up and check the vehicle out and looked great. But decided against driving it 700 miles home or trailering it myself.
So nice to put a face with the forum name!

It was a great day to pick up an Emira! I drove it off the lot and immediately hit 150 miles of mountain roads. This thing is a missile, I love it.

I hate to say it, but it was worth the 980 day wait. 🪷

View attachment 38934
View attachment 38935
View attachment 38936
View attachment 38937
Congrats, @Porter!! Man, what a surreal feeling it is, seeing all of you long-time forum members finally receiving physical, full-sized, metal and rubber Emira automobiles after all these years!

Also, hearing that the car was worth the wait means double coming from you, as I seem to recall you've been quite critical and skeptical during this protracted waiting period (justifiably so, I might add).

Took delivery in IL today. So far, so good!
IMG_1806.jpeg

camphoto_1254324197.jpeg

I picked mine up today. I am a very, very happy fella. I was unsure about my spec when I ordered. If I recall, there were no actual photos of an osmium silver in the wild at that time. I regretted my decision, and thought many times I should have gone with vivid red. I am as pleased as I can be, as mine looked just the way I hoped it would in the flesh.

However, I could have done without the 100+ mile trip home from the dealership in torrential rain on I-35.

Attachments

• B16C24BE-7CA7-4C1A-AF15-D21CFC036860.jpeg
    B16C24BE-7CA7-4C1A-AF15-D21CFC036860.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 194
  • 31E4F3FF-969A-46F5-8431-BFA4D3D19531.jpeg
    31E4F3FF-969A-46F5-8431-BFA4D3D19531.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 192
  • 99BBB772-5223-46D7-9E36-1A2138BC5B5D.jpeg
    99BBB772-5223-46D7-9E36-1A2138BC5B5D.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
I picked mine up today. I am a very, very happy fella. I was unsure about my spec when I ordered. If I recall, there were no actual photos of an osmium silver in the wild at that time. I regretted my decision, and thought many times I should have gone with vivid red. I am as pleased as I can be, as mine looked just the way I hoped it would in the flesh.

However, I could have done without the 100+ mile trip home from the dealership in torrential rain on I-35.
Congrats to you ✌️
You have great taste there on your car. Pretty similar to mine, but for good or bad I went with the black mags, red calibers, and red interior.
Additionally, originally I am from Texas. Currently out west in Tahoe.

Congrats, @Porter!! Man, what a surreal feeling it is, seeing all of you long-time forum members finally receiving physical, full-sized, metal and rubber Emira automobiles after all these years!

Also, hearing that the car was worth the wait means double coming from you, as I seem to recall you've been quite critical and skeptical during this protracted waiting period (justifiably so, I might add).
Thanks so much! I'm totally thrilled with it so far. What an exceptional car.

My initial reactions and feedback here:

Congrats to you ✌️
You have great taste there on your car. Pretty similar to mine, but for good or bad I went with the black mags, red calibers, and red interior.
Additionally, originally I am from Texas. Currently out west in Tahoe.
I’d probably have gone for the red interior and calipers, but I have a Mustang with that combo and I needed something a little different.

Congrats and enjoy!!! I was tempted by that colour as well. Cup2s in torrential 🫣. How was that?

Congrats and enjoy!!! I was tempted by that colour as well. Cup2s in torrential 🫣. How was that?
Honestly, they did great. I left it in Tour and was not hot rodding at all, but even so it was very stable, no hydroplaning.

Not to bring up my Mustang in every other post, but driving a live rear axle, standard transmission, all rod-end link/no rubber or poly bushing suspension car with dried out worn down tires and laughable “traction control” has probably altered my perspective of what wet weather stability means.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back