USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I've stayed off the forum for a few days so maybe there is a post buried in the past 20 pages... but has anyone in a CARB state got a car yet? Anyone collect one from Park Place? Still no info on ETA from the dealer... which pretty much blows a hole in the previous lines I was fed from them which stated my car was in Baltimore...

I've stayed off the forum for a few days so maybe there is a post buried in the past 20 pages... but has anyone in a CARB state got a car yet? Anyone collect one from Park Place? Still no info on ETA from the dealer... which pretty much blows a hole in the previous lines I was fed from them which stated my car was in Baltimore...

Cars destined for carb states were never shipped, cars in Baltimore were non-carb states only.

The next boat docks tomorrow and unloading finishes on Wednesday so I don't think we'll see a VIN list until then. I am waiting as fast as I can too!
Yea, it's like I am waiting to here the lotto number drawing or last number at Bingo. The anticipation is killing me.
🤣

My VIN showed it arrived in Baltimore on 6 March - and i am in (and my dealer) is in a CARB state. I have not picked up car yet - and not given a date for pick up.

Is your VIN also in the list of cars that got shipped back?

This has proven to be the truth.... but 100% NOT what I was told by the dealer, on several occasions.

I know this is obvious to us all, but dealers are constantly given bad information, getting information from forums and other members, incorrectly interpreting information, and relaying information that is either false or deceptive.

It's one giant fucked up game of telephone.

Take what your dealer tells you with a grain of salt.

Yes, that is sadly the realization I've come to... but still madly frustrating when we are in 2024 and talking about car manufacturing... Its not that Lotus and the dealers don't have the ability to convey info correctly. They have just chosen not to bother. We all know Lotus knows when a car has been produced... where they are storing it... when it is loaded on a ship, which ship, and when it should arrive, etc... Its the reason my last 2 Porsches had a nifty web site that would update with each milestone. Even as bad as Lotus is with logistics... SOMEONE there knows where a car is in the production to delivery pipeline. Why they've decided to not bother letting anyone outside of Liam know the answer (I've decided to name the head of logistics for Lotus Liam... because why not) is beyond me....

Yes, that is sadly the realization I've come to... but still madly frustrating when we are in 2024 and talking about car manufacturing... Its not that Lotus and the dealers don't have the ability to convey info correctly. They have just chosen not to bother. We all know Lotus knows when a car has been produced... where they are storing it... when it is loaded on a ship, which ship, and when it should arrive, etc... Its the reason my last 2 Porsches had a nifty web site that would update with each milestone. Even as bad as Lotus is with logistics... SOMEONE there knows where a car is in the production to delivery pipeline. Why they've decided to not bother letting anyone outside of Liam know the answer (I've decided to name the head of logistics for Lotus Liam... because why not) is beyond me....
Welcome to the frustration that we've been living with for the last 1000 days.

Luckily, they do deliver. Eventually. My car is great. 3 days in, and it's totally awesome.

So will all the USA v6 manuel FE’s be 2024 model years or could delays result in splitting the FE v6 Manuel’s across 2024 and 2025 model years?

I put my deposit down in Oct 2023......what page do you think I'll finally be able to place my actual order (800?)....SOON

Roughly 700 cars still to ship and just 60 cars per ship as previous shipments.
We're talking another 12 weeks of winter before the final FE order holders get their cars!
I swear to God, if I have to wait 3 more months for my car I will personally shove that giant key fob up Matt Windle's ass!
#FireMattWindle

We're talking another 12 weeks of winter before the final FE order holders get their cars!
I swear to God, if I have to wait 3 more months for my car I will personally shove that giant key fob up Matt Windle's ass!
#FireMattWindle

That's actually really interesting but to hear. I was anticipating 6 months before all orders are filled.

#FireMattWindle
I feel your pain, It's so upsetting that the early CARB state orders seem like there going to get there cars last...... but I waited this long so I will wait as long as I have to. No other car compares to it!

#FireMattWindle
How far into the wait are you? I got mine on day 980. :ROFLMAO:

I feel your pain, It's so upsetting that the early CARB state orders seem like there going to get there cars last...... but I waited this long so I will wait as long as I have to. No other car compares to it!
I'm hoping you CARB guys at least got in on the FE 1.0 pricing.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back