USA/Canada Delivery Thread

HY is very flashy and draws way to much attention. Was out for brunch yesterday and just crazy amount of people taking pictures
But love my spec.
Yellow was my first choice! Love the car in that color but yeah gets a little too much attention for a daily driver šŸ˜…

Has anyone delivered in canada
Nothing yet as far as I know, but the first Canadian cars did land in Baltimore 1-2 weeks ago so itā€™s any day and they are expecting them this week. Best bet is to follow the social media of the dealership - Iā€™m sure they will post as soon as their first cars arrive.

Reactions: JAY
Okay, how many cars does Lotus produce a year? Based on that # alone it's deplorable how this process has been handled by Lotus management/distribution. I bet the USA dealers are just as frustrated as the customers as these cars are on FloorPlan costing the dealers monthly $$$$$.
They weren't on floor plan. The cars that were delivered to dealers ahead of the CARB approval were still owned by Lotus.

You know a bunch of us have been getting our cars right?

They weren't on floor plan. The cars that were delivered to dealers ahead of the CARB approval were still owned by Lotus.

You know a bunch of us have been getting our cars right?
1. The dealer owner I spoke to told me they have been paying for the cars on F-plan once the cars are shipped to the dealers. (That was while waiting for CARB approval)
2. Yes a bunch of people have been getting their cars while a bunch of CARB dealers have not & those cars are still in the UK!
3. Carb States have not had one being delivered to a customer at this point is ridiculous.
4. Many people that been waiting in line for years still don't have their cars to me it's just poor execution.
5. In the end, I guess it depends on what side of the coin you fall on if you are not happy about the process. (Delivered Emira not Delivered Emira)

1. The dealer owner I spoke to told me they have been paying for the cars on F-plan once the cars are shipped to the dealers. (That was while waiting for CARB approval)
2. Yes a bunch of people have been getting their cars while a bunch of CARB dealers have not & those cars are still in the UK!
3. Carb States have not had one being delivered to a customer at this point is ridiculous.
4. Many people that been waiting in line for years still don't have their cars to me it's just poor execution.
5. In the end, I guess it depends on what side of the coin you fall on if you are not happy about the process. (Delivered Emira not Delivered Emira)
Who said I was happy about the process? I waited 980 days. You're preaching to the choir here.

What I said about floor plan was explicitly what my dealer told me. They said they would have rejected the shipment if it had been on floorplan and unsellable. Are you sure your dealer was being explicitly truthful about their internal financial arrangements? Or was it possibly just something to say to demonstrate to the customer (you) how they're also frustrated?

The CARB state delays is because your state legislature has decided to align themselves with California rather than the federal government. And if I was was in Lotus' shoes, I wouldn't have even manufactured the cars until regulatory approval was complete. So, I feel like the fact that your car is already produced and likely en route should be a good thing.

*>> What was your paid deposit date?

Atlantic Sky has arrived in Halifax, now awaiting the VINs :). Not sure if Emiraā€™s will be unloaded there or in Baltimoreā€¦

Could be unloading Canadian cars there, and US cars in Baltimore. Or all of them in Baltimore since Lotus USA serves both countries.

C'mon 1668!!! No Whammies!!!
artworks-pz3Q9NrSNnfDgMLH-vSerOw-t500x500.jpg

Could be unloading Canadian cars there, and US cars in Baltimore. Or all of them in Baltimore since Lotus USA serves both countries.
Yup, I know the first batch of Canadian cars that arrived 2 weeks ago unloaded in Baltimore, but Iā€™m not sure if that boat had made a stop in Halifax.

1495 for F*x sake... we are all waiting on the latest boat manifest I take it?

Us CARB state FE 1.0's that have had deposits since early July 2021 are in a bad place... Happy for my fellow Emira enthusiasts that have now got their car, yet jealous/frustrated that I can't get ANY information on where mine (that has been built and has a VIN) is...

Us CARB state FE 1.0's that have had deposits since early July 2021 are in a bad place... Happy for my fellow Emira enthusiasts that have now got their car, yet jealous/frustrated that I can't get ANY information on where mine (that has been built and has a VIN) is...
IMG_9823.jpeg

Lotus has hired the Communication Firm: The Lonely Island, for all inquiries about US CARB State cars.

Same situation for me, July 12 2021 deposit 1476 VIN.... Sucks, but it is what it is....

Found this nut laying on my drivers side floor mat. Looked up underneath and around seatā€¦.couldnā€™t find where it came from. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2293.jpeg
    IMG_2293.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2294.jpeg
    IMG_2294.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 55

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back