USA/Canada Delivery Thread

1495 for F*x sake... we are all waiting on the latest boat manifest I take it?

Us CARB state FE 1.0's that have had deposits since early July 2021 are in a bad place... Happy for my fellow Emira enthusiasts that have now got their car, yet jealous/frustrated that I can't get ANY information on where mine (that has been built and has a VIN) is...
In the same boat (...and hopefully literally!)

Who said I was happy about the process? I waited 980 days. You're preaching to the choir here.

What I said about floor plan was explicitly what my dealer told me. They said they would have rejected the shipment if it had been on floorplan and unsellable. Are you sure your dealer was being explicitly truthful about their internal financial arrangements? Or was it possibly just something to say to demonstrate to the customer (you) how they're also frustrated?

The CARB state delays is because your state legislature has decided to align themselves with California rather than the federal government. And if I was was in Lotus' shoes, I wouldn't have even manufactured the cars until regulatory approval was complete. So, I feel like the fact that your car is already produced and likely en route should be a good thing.

*>> What was your paid deposit date?
I have started the process in early 2021. My company HQ happens to be in S-Valley and I live in Texas. I went to Houston and Austin and they were clueless at the time.. When I called Dallas and my friend the new owner took over the franchise (Was Park Place years ago then nothing until Earth Frank & Brad took over) I knew they still had stuff to figure out so I decided to stay # 1 at the California dealer. I truly could care less about the wait, I get to keep my cash in the bank at 5%.. My concern is the entire Lotus organization has not progressed when it comes to their back office which was the same when I put my deposit down on the first Elise to hit the USA. Nothing changed when I got my Evora in 2011 and now with the 2024 Emira seems like the same crazy BS. This is not my first rodeo with Lotus or a deposit on a sports car. I was hoping for the Lotus brand to be successful, that Lotus finally got their heads out of their A, I guess not.

Last edited:
Found this nut laying on my drivers side floor mat. Looked up underneath and around seat….couldn’t find where it came from. Any ideas?
Wow, you got an extra bolt that is special. This happened to me on my 2011 Evora, but I had 3 bouncing around the cabin. I figured out their location after doing a major Audio system upgrade, and solved the dash rattle too.

Attachments

• IMG_1734.JPG
    IMG_1734.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1976.JPG
    IMG_1976.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 83
I have started the process in early 2021. My company HQ happens to be in S-Valley and I live in Texas. I went to Houston and Austin and they were clueless at the time.. When I called Dallas and my friend the new owner took over the franchise (Was Park Place years ago then nothing until Earth Frank & Brad took over) I knew they still had stuff to figure out so I decided to stay # 1 at the California dealer. I truly could care less about the wait, I get to keep my cash in the bank at 5%.. My concern is the entire Lotus organization has not progressed when it comes to their back office which was the same when I put my deposit down on the first Elise to hit the USA. Nothing changed when I got my Evora in 2011 and now with the 2024 Emira seems like the same crazy BS. This is not my first rodeo with Lotus or a deposit on a sports car. I was hoping for the Lotus brand to be successful, that Lotus finally got their heads out of their A, I guess not.
Oh no, they're 100% a disaster. No progress on the "doing business like grownups" front at all, that I can tell.

Since US deliveries have started, the wait has gone from just slow and irritating to downright upsetting (at least for me). The fact that people who ordered months or even years after me are already driving their cars while the rest of us still have zero updates just plain blows. My dealer hasn't even given me a VIN after almost 30 months and $15k...

As if the universe is testing my patience, earlier today I was following an Evora GT in very similar spec to my Emira. It sounded glorious but unfortunately was being driven by an asshat who was lane weaving and tailgating everyone who was in his way. Sigh. I might need therapy after this emotional rollercoaster!

Out of focus paparazzi shot of aforementioned sad experience watching someone else enjoy my dreams lol:

IMG_6112.JPG

Out of nowhere and with no notice, I just received my gift from Lotus. Hat, journal, pen, drawing, and a nice leather key strap with a connector that looks like it will work with the key fob.

Just need a car!

Found this nut laying on my drivers side floor mat. Looked up underneath and around seat….couldn’t find where it came from. Any ideas?
That’s a mystery gift you received from Lotus. 🤣 none of us received one so far.
We may get one soon

Data point: my Lotus USA Apology gift showed up today. (I'll leave it unopened and it'll go with the car to its next owner)
Mine is supposed to be delivered today as well but looks like FedEx running late. I think I will keep unopened until the car actually arrives .... and then surprise myself :)))))))

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back