USA/Canada Delivery Thread

On its way to Phoenix. Should be here this weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_2106.jpeg
    IMG_2106.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 130
Some fe2.0 are pricing out to $117k ish with taxes once you add Alcantara wheel, destination, blk pack etc. It could simply be people wanting their money back too? It would’ve been strange if the first used cars for sale weren’t priced higher imo. Prices will go down from there over time.
They looked to still be at the dealership so I’m thinking consignments from people that changed their mind.

That glare off the dash though 🤦‍♂️
Not much to do about it. There are some ways to coat the inside of a windshield to cut glare, but I'm not doing that on a brand new Lotus unless it starts to drive me crazy.

First Canadian cars have arrived at dealership! Gentry Lane (Lotus Ontario), in Toronto just posted on instagram. 6 cars coming off the truck yesterday. Wonder where the other 6 are as I had thought their 12 FE1s all landed in Baltimore 2 weeks ago…
I happened to be at the dealership yesterday dropping off my plate as the cars were being delivered. They aren’t coming in any particular order, and as I understand it have not even been shipped from Hethel in any particular order. There will be more coming to Gentry by truck in the coming days.

If I am not mistaken Gentry had around 15 cars in that shipment, but don’t quote me on that. As number 33 on the list at the dealership, to have my car in the first 15 is a bit of luck for sure: again, though, I could be misunderstanding things and I hate fuelling speculation.

8F5786DE-0BA9-4D32-8C72-4D46B582043C.jpeg

I happened to be at the dealership yesterday dropping off my plate as the cars were being delivered. They aren’t coming in any particular order, and as I understand it have not even been shipped from Hethel in any particular order. There will be more coming to Gentry by truck in the coming days.

If I am not mistaken Gentry had around 15 cars in that shipment, but don’t quote me on that. As number 33 on the list at the dealership, to have my car in the first 15 is a bit of luck for sure: again, though, I could be misunderstanding things and I hate fuelling speculation.

View attachment 39270
Awesome thanks for sharing that and the pic! Yeah, you and I are side by side - mire was produced as of info 2 weeks ago but Paul couldn't get confirmation on whether it was on the boat that landed in Halifax yesterday...waiting to see the VIN report. I almost drove be Gentry today - and that should be right...my understanding was that they got 12-15 FE1s. Which one is yours? I assumed the Seneca is theirs as I know that's one of their dealer orders.

Just got my Emira today… funny that I went to pick up food and ended up parking next to the cyber truck … I’ve been waiting for years for that truck and canceled it last week because the Emira was getting delivered this week. I don’t regret not getting it. It looks like an appliance on wheels 😂 plus the future of current EVs is not looking great so who knows what these will be worth in a couple of years
IMG_5924.jpeg

Elon is a brilliant man and one of my idols, but man he has really bad aesthetic taste. How did that past muster?! His designers should be ashamed.

Just got my Emira today… funny that I went to pick up food and ended up parking next to the cyber truck … I’ve been waiting for years for that truck and canceled it last week because the Emira was getting delivered this week. I don’t regret not getting it. It looks like an appliance on wheels 😂 plus the future of current EVs is not looking great so who knows what these will be worth in a couple of years
View attachment 39295
Funny you should mention the appliance thing…

Awesome thanks for sharing that and the pic! Yeah, you and I are side by side - mire was produced as of info 2 weeks ago but Paul couldn't get confirmation on whether it was on the boat that landed in Halifax yesterday...waiting to see the VIN report. I almost drove be Gentry today - and that should be right...my understanding was that they got 12-15 FE1s. Which one is yours? I assumed the Seneca is theirs as I know that's one of their dealer orders.
My car wasn’t in the first 6 that delivered to Gentry yesterday. Mine will presumably be on one of the next trucks (they only hold six cars) that should deliver within the next week or so. The blue one is indeed the demonstrator.

Given that there is no differentiation between “FE1” or ”FE2” cars other than price, and that cars are (as I understand it) not being shipped in any particular order, there is no way of us knowing what numbers on the “list” these cars are going to. Except for the demonstrator, they might all be “FE2“ cars for all I know. Mine is an “FE2“ car, yet it seems it will be in the first 15 cars delivered to Gentry even though I was (in July of 2021) number 33 on the “list”.

Elon is a brilliant man and one of my idols, but man he has really bad aesthetic taste. How did that past muster?! His designers should be ashamed.
Blame his designers? Wasn't it his kid's drawing he wanted brought to life or something? I think they nailed it. And I pity them for having to do so.

I feel for all the guys still waiting on getting the car shipped; I've been driving my car every day, and I'm just short of 500 miles. I can't even imagine how stir crazy I would be watching everyone else get their cars delivered.

Here's to hoping you get your cars before the end of the month!

For those of you with your cars though - is the starter a bit touchy? Seems like every other time I go to drive, the car doesn't want to start until I get out, lock the car wait a few seconds, and then unlock and try again. Anyone else experiencing that?

I feel for all the guys still waiting on getting the car shipped; I've been driving my car every day, and I'm just short of 500 miles. I can't even imagine how stir crazy I would be watching everyone else get their cars delivered.

For those of you with your cars though - is the starter a bit touchy? Seems like every other time I go to drive, the car doesn't want to start until I get out, lock the car wait a few seconds, and then unlock and try again. Anyone else experiencing that?
No starting issue. But anyone else pushing the clutch pedal near to the floor to shift?

Thank you for your condolences 🙏😔

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back