USA/Canada Delivery Thread

When my car finally arrives at the dealer, would it be out of turn to ask them to put it on a lift so I can inspect the bottom based upon what I am seeing in these photos?
I always ask to walk under the car. Takes 2 min to put on the alignment rack. But I always give the dealer a heads-up so they can make sure the lift is available when I'm there.

Can anyone tell me how they came about getting their VIN? My dealer wasn't helpful.....just told me the car is either being built, on the boat, or in Baltimore. I called Lotus US customer service and spoke with Justin and he was even less helpful.

Can anyone tell me how they came about getting their VIN? My dealer wasn't helpful.....just told me the car is either being built, on the boat, or in Baltimore. I called Lotus US customer service and spoke with Justin and he was even less helpful.
My dealer said he has a spreadsheet of sorts that gets updated occasionally

Just got my Emira today… funny that I went to pick up food and ended up parking next to the cyber truck … I’ve been waiting for years for that truck and canceled it last week because the Emira was getting delivered this week. I don’t regret not getting it. It looks like an appliance on wheels 😂 plus the future of current EVs is not looking great so who knows what these will be worth in a couple of years
View attachment 39295

Would rather have the Emira

I was #6 on the list in Toronto and my car did not come in on the first batch of cars. Very weird that Lotus’ delivery structure was not based on orders placed.

Last edited:
I was #6 on the list in Toronto and my car did not come in on the first batch of cars. Very weird that Lotus’ delivery structure was not based on orders placed.
There is speculation amongst many of our Stateside colleagues that CARB state cars were not shipped from Hethel until CARB certification occurred. As I understand it, Canadian certification occurred around the same time as CARB certification. So, if the theory that CARB state cars were built but not shipped is in fact true, the same could be true of early build Canadian cars.

When I was at the factory 2 weeks ago, there were a large number of cars built but awaiting pick up for transport. If earlier built cars were sitting behind later built cars on the grounds, the later built cars would get picked up first. This would explain, for example, how my February build got picked up before maybe a late December or January build, because when those cars were produced Canadian certification hadn’t happened yet. It’s just a theory, but it does explain some stuff 🤷🏼‍♂️.

By the way, do you know if your car was on the first Canadian boat shipment of 60 cars that landed in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago?

I did seem to think as far as Canada goes that all the FE1s were on that boat 2 weeks ago since all 60 VINs were in order and lower number…if I’m correct that the VINs equates to the order of production at the factory…

When you went by this week did they have any update on insurance or other packages like PPF, car cover etc since you’ll be taking delivery any day? They mentioned they are exploring providers, I still haven’t heard back from Aviva & Hagerty who didn’t have the car in their system yet a week or two ago.
On your first point the first 60 do not necessarily include all the FE1s. While the serial numbers are sequential, we have no way of knowing if they built in order and they certainly are not being shipped in order. For example, the number 2 order at Gentry was not even on the boat.

On your questions: I haven’t explored insurance too much yet. I’ll investigate with Hagerty by phone and see where that goes since I have a car with them already. As far as PPF, they have a guy they deal with and will book him in. Paul emailed me the packages and prices.

I really don’t expect to see the car for at least a couple weeks yet. It’s not even in Toronto…

So I guess what I'm hearing is, the only way for a person to know that they've in fact received an FE1.0 allocation is:
  • the dealership charges you FE1.0 dollars for the car, or
  • the dealership shares with you their "internal document" stating your MSRP in FE1.0 dollars
...both completely within the dealership's control. 😡

Picked up my car. I'm overwhelmed and over the moon. Driving it made me feel like a mix of Batman and James Bond. Excited to share my experiences and impressions as an owner. Also excited to hear from other owners. I can feel the energy on this forum shift as customer deliveries finally ramp up.....

I will enthusiastically wave to each one of you I encounter on the road and will happily chat you all up for hours on end. Grateful and honored to join the Lotus family. The brand is truly one of a kind. I pledge to defend the Emira till death as one of the greatest cars ever made.....until an issue pops up and I complain hysterically in the issues thread. Until then, much love. I'm so happy for all of us. We are all blessed and we did it.

Attachments

• 20240320_163249 (1).jpg
    20240320_163249 (1).jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 115
So I guess what I'm hearing is, the only way for a person to know that they've in fact received an FE1.0 allocation is:
  • the dealership charges you FE1.0 dollars for the car, or
  • the dealership shares with you their "internal document" stating your MSRP in FE1.0 dollars
...both completely within the dealership's control. 😡
Do you get a window sticker in Canada the way we do in the US? If so, it shows the MSRP of that exact unit.

Last edited:
There is speculation amongst many of our Stateside colleagues that CARB state cars were not shipped from Hethel until CARB certification occurred. As I understand it, Canadian certification occurred around the same time as CARB certification. So, if the theory that CARB state cars were built but not shipped is in fact true, the same could be true of early build Canadian cars.

When I was at the factory 2 weeks ago, there were a large number of cars built but awaiting pick up for transport. If earlier built cars were sitting behind later built cars on the grounds, the later built cars would get picked up first. This would explain, for example, how my February build got picked up before maybe a late December or January build, because when those cars were produced Canadian certification hadn’t happened yet. It’s just a theory, but it does explain some stuff 🤷🏼‍♂️.

By the way, do you know if your car was on the first Canadian boat shipment of 60 cars that landed in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago?
I do have a vin and it was not on the Baltimore list however the vin before and after mine seemed to be on that list if I’m correct. We’re still getting winter days here so I’m not missing anything. I also asked to have the aftermarket parts installed pre delivery and will inquire about ppf as well.

I do have a vin and it was not on the Baltimore list however the vin before and after mine seemed to be on that list if I’m correct. We’re still getting winter days here so I’m not missing anything. I also asked to have the aftermarket parts installed pre delivery and will inquire about ppf as well.
If your VIN wasn't on the ship's manifest, it's not on the ship. My VIN was in a numeric grouping that landed in Baltimore in early December, and then my car didn't actually come until the beginning of February. Totally weird.

• Deposit: July 13th, 2021
  • Order: April 10th, 2022

Are you referring to these emails sent from Lotus USA to dealerships? (see below) I asked my dealer last year if they could share it with me and they were cagey & declined, saying it's an internal document and that it's up to each dealership to decide whether or not to share it with customers. :rolleyes:

View attachment 39337
My document says "Emira V6 First Edition 2 - $105,400. Your document says "Emira V6 First Edition - $93,900" That to me is proof enough you have a 1.0 and should be getting 1.0 pricing.

My document says "Emira V6 First Edition 2 - $105,400. Your document says "Emira V6 First Edition - $93,900" That to me is proof enough you have a 1.0 and should be getting 1.0 pricing.
Sorry I should clarify, the screenshot I shared was originally posted by someone else on here, for their own car. My dealer won't let me see the document for my car.

Sorry I should clarify, the screenshot I shared was originally posted by somebody else for their own car. My dealer won't let me see the one for my car.
What province are you in? 😳

• Deposit: July 13th, 2021
  • Order: April 10th, 2022

Are you referring to these emails sent from Lotus USA to dealerships? (see below, not mine, was posted by somebody else) I asked my dealer last year if they could share it with me and they were cagey & declined, saying it's an internal document and that it's up to each dealership to decide whether or not to share it with customers. :rolleyes:

View attachment 39337
Yes, mine looks different but is basically the same...what dealer are you with?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back