USA/Canada Delivery Thread

In an ironic twist, I thought buying my Emira from a "larger" dealer would result in a better shot at an early allocation. The reality is that the way the deliveries have been rolled out, I am now stuck waiting on the dealer cuz they have too many vehicles to deliver - and cant handle more incoming vehicles on their lot. Go figure - almost 1000 days and counting...
Must be Naples. They have only released 40 out of 120 on their lot and more on the way At this rate. it will take me another months to get delivery of my car. My sales guy did tell me that they are sending all cars to a local shop for paint correction before releasing them. You also have the choice of adding PPF or ceramic from that shop.

Same here, except mine (the 2nd largest Lotus dealer in the U.S.) has nothing so far. I have a VIN, but my car isn't even in the U.S. yet and Park Place at Bellevue doesn't seem to have any information. I placed my order July 11, 2021 for what I was expecting to be a limited production number car, the First Edition of 500 cars. Having ordered so early, I was expecting I'd be an early owner of a very exclusive car. Instead, they're producing more than twice as many as originally told, and people who decided just 2 months ago to buy one have their car already, and I'm stuck in the Lotus version of dude where's my car.

If you wrote this as a Hollywood script, nobody would believe it.
Same pretty much. My dealer has confirmation that their entire FE1 allocation has been built (since January) and has provided VINs, but they have zero communication from Lotus as to when the cars will be shipped.

Is anyone actually surprised that the role out is completely random. Lotus have produced well over 2.5K F/E manual V6 cars for North America. Which for the 50 or so dealers is 50 cars each for the year, maybe more for the bigger ones and less for others. Not a crazy amount and they should be able to deliver all the first editions by end of May. That is my estimation at least. Unfortunately, some early FE1's in Carb states may be some of the last to get delivered.
I thought they were only making 1,200 V6 manual FE cars for the US. 500 V1 initial batch, and 700 V2.0?

Same here, except mine (the 2nd largest Lotus dealer in the U.S.) has nothing so far. I have a VIN, but my car isn't even in the U.S. yet and Park Place at Bellevue doesn't seem to have any information. I placed my order July 11, 2021 for what I was expecting to be a limited production number car, the First Edition of 500 cars. Having ordered so early, I was expecting I'd be an early owner of a very exclusive car. Instead, they're producing more than twice as many as originally told, and people who decided just 2 months ago to buy one have their car already, and I'm stuck in the Lotus version of dude where's my car.

If you wrote this as a Hollywood script, nobody would believe it.
Yup same dealership, same order time (give or take a day), and same situation. I know I'm screaming into the void, but this falls onto Lotus' shoulders. The total lack of proper communication, lack of ability or willingness to tell dealers/buyers where the car is in the process, lack of response when emailing their customer support (more than once). Its why I will never buy another Lotus. I hope I'll love the Emira, keep it for a long time and appreciate the special experience it promises to deliver given its the last of a certain 'kind' of car. But I'm one and done with the brand. The rest of their future catalog is one I can get from any number of other manufacturers that I don't have to be a masochist to interact with. Even though they present different experiences, if I'm honest, if the new Vantage came in a manual I might have bailed on the Emira already...

I thought they were only making 1,200 V6 manual FE cars for the US. 500 V1 initial batch, and 700 V2.0?
1,200 would be about 25 cars per dealer for the year... I think it will be A LOT more. I even think my 2.5K might be light. Could easily be around 3K considering US cars were in production last fall.

Yup same dealership, same order time (give or take a day), and same situation. I know I'm screaming into the void, but this falls onto Lotus' shoulders. The total lack of proper communication, lack of ability or willingness to tell dealers/buyers where the car is in the process, lack of response when emailing their customer support (more than once). Its why I will never buy another Lotus. I hope I'll love the Emira, keep it for a long time and appreciate the special experience it promises to deliver given its the last of a certain 'kind' of car. But I'm one and done with the brand. The rest of their future catalog is one I can get from any number of other manufacturers that I don't have to be a masochist to interact with. Even though they present different experiences, if I'm honest, if the new Vantage came in a manual I might have bailed on the Emira already...
That new vantage is beautiful... and I agree, if it offered a manual... It is a bit more money for sure.

That new vantage is beautiful... and I agree, if it offered a manual... It is a bit more money for sure.
It is more money, but its also a lot more car (in terms of power, fit and finish, and dealership/brand support). The last Aston Vantage S I had was great, and dealing with Aston via the Dealer (and directly at events) was great.

It is more money, but its also a lot more car (in terms of power, fit and finish, and dealership/brand support). The last Aston Vantage S I had was great, and dealing with Aston via the Dealer (and directly at events) was great.
all true, it is a better brand experience! No question it is a better car as well. It is hard to expect AM levels of service with Lotus. The cars are half the price of the AM. However, if they ever want to sell more than 10K cars per year (including EV's) they need to change something. The results even from UK/EU dealers and service have been terrible from what I have heard. Early adopters may be more forgiving... but if nothing has changed in the next 24 months, I think Lotus will de destined to stay a very small manufacturer, if they don't go bankrupt first.

Must be Naples. They have only released 40 out of 120 on their lot and more on the way At this rate. it will take me another months to get delivery of my car. My sales guy did tell me that they are sending all cars to a local shop for paint correction before releasing them. You also have the choice of adding PPF or ceramic from that shop.
I had mistakenly thought when I bought that I would be part of an "exclusive club"...and now I'm being told to be patient cuz the dealer has 200 customers all screaming for their cars. So I am just a voice in the crowd. Kinda ruins the experience even more.

As an I4 order holder I still have to wait until next year, so as I was bored, played around with the latest AI song generator (Suno.ai) just for fun, its cheesy but interesting to see what AI can do ...

Emira's Call

This is how most of us are feeling headed into the weekend when there is no chance of the Emira being delivered…
IMG_2840.jpeg

Did we ever get the vins from the boat that came in on the 19th?
That’s the same one, Halifax on the 19th, then NY, now on its way to Baltimore. I only know how to track the boats, not sure how some are able to get the VINs. Sounds like it’s got EMIRAs coming off in Baltimore but unknown if there are Canadian cars if they got offloaded in Halifax or would be offloaded in Baltimore (the 1 and only Canadian shipment that arrived so far were offloaded in Baltimore).

My dealer in Toronto got 6 of those cars by truck on Tuesday and the other 7 yesterday. Went to the dealership today to drop off my plate and finally saw a Seneca in person, their demo is my identical spec other than tire and privacy glass…so happy with my choice but it’s personal - I’m still waffling on the privacy glass though but had to make a decision without seeing PG in person and you can definitely see through it in good lighting but too late now. I’ve preferred the profile without the PG from pictures…but it doesn’t bother me as much and looks better in person IMO. The Seneca as others mentioned looks better than in pictures as it’s still a lighter blue but doesn’t look as powder blue as some pictures make it look. They also got someone’s order in the FE2 black which looks very nice! (Although hard to keep showroom clean)

Atlantic Sky arriving in Baltimore in next 12-24 hours…hopefully someone can pull the VINs…
This is what has has come to, the ship is in New Jersey right now

Attachments

• IMG_6164.jpeg
    IMG_6164.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 38
This is what has has come to, the ship is in New Jersey right now
The website I checked has it already on the way 🤷‍♂️. Just hoping someone who can pull the VINs can let us know :).

The dealers don’t really know as Lotus doesn’t seem to let them know even if they’ve asked.

Did we ever get the vins from the boat that came in on the 19th?
I don’t think we did, when I search I don’t see any Lotus cars having come through since that GT4 a few days back and the ones that arrived on 12 March. It’s possible there weren’t any cars on it? That would be a disaster…

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back