USA/Canada Delivery Thread

So I guess what I'm hearing is, the only way for a person to know that they've in fact received an FE1.0 allocation is:
  • the dealership charges you FE1.0 dollars for the car, or
  • the dealership shares with you their "internal document" stating your MSRP in FE1.0 dollars
...both completely within the dealership's control. 😡
If you place the build in March 2022 it’s definitely an FE.1

That’s the same one, Halifax on the 19th, then NY, now on its way to Baltimore. I only know how to track the boats, not sure how some are able to get the VINs. Sounds like it’s got EMIRAs coming off in Baltimore but unknown if there are Canadian cars if they got offloaded in Halifax or would be offloaded in Baltimore (the 1 and only Canadian shipment that arrived so far were offloaded in Baltimore).

I (and others) have a subscription to importinfo.com and they send email alerts to view the VIN list when ships arrive. I usually get the alert when they post it 2 days after arrival.

I (and others) have a subscription to importinfo.com and they send email alerts to view the VIN list when ships arrive. I usually get the alert when they post it 2 days after arrival.
The Atlantic Star finished unloading in Baltimore on Tuesday (3/20) around midnight. I suppose it's possible that importinfo.com is slow with posting this one, but I am losing hope. I thought we would have another 60-100 LUCKY LOTUS LOTTERY WINNERS. :( The Atlantic Star has a capacity of 1,307 vehicles. Maybe other car companies reserved all the spaces before Lotus got CARB approval? The next ship is the Atlantic Sky, arriving in Baltimore on Sunday morning. Fingers crossed.

Screen Shot 2024-03-22 at 5.03.50 PM.png

I had mistakenly thought when I bought that I would be part of an "exclusive club"...and now I'm being told to be patient cuz the dealer has 200 customers all screaming for their cars. So I am just a voice in the crowd. Kinda ruins the experience even more.
You ARE part of an exclusive club of masochists. Welcome to the world of Lotus. Most will never know the perilous path to the Emira. Never understand the heartache. Momentary fits of rage. They'll just wonder why our Ferrari has a weird badge on it.

Submitted my pre order feb 17 ‘24, got my submission ID for FE 2.0… not holding my breath
My preorder was on Nov 17 2023 and order of acceptance on Feb 20.
I’m fortunate to have sports cars that waiting for Emira will not be too much of an ordeal

I am on a list to get to order!. Paid to be there. Not a peep of what's happening from the dealer.
Summer's coming, I am aging, here is my stop-gap solution.
I will take possession in a week! :) View attachment 37652
I ordered in Sep 2021 and missed my dealer's allotment by 1 car, so had to spend the extra $11K for the FE2. I was 67 then, and now I'm 70. I'm just hoping to see the car before my kids decide to take away my keys!

I’ll be in England for 8 days. We have track time scheduled in Hethel while we are there as well.
I am doing the advanced tomorrow.. Test drove the i4 and the manual v6 today. They are soo different, but glad I got the manual v6.

Enjoy the trip.

Just received an email from my dealer in Summit, NJ - my car is inbound on a ship!
I have a FE1.0 in a CARB state.

Just receive an email from Lotus NJ that our car is on the water, so they are obviously starting to get some info from Lotus.

Hopefully your waiting is over soon, picked up my car last week.. loving it, “ everything works “ 450 miles so far!
Star Motors in Houston was fantastic.
No extra fees. MSRP + tax + title & license. No dealer prep no hidden charges… Justin is amazing. When first viewing the car a chipped the door. Asked if he could order some touch up paint. Justin introduced me to the parts guy ( supper nice ) who said it maybe difficult to get. He did look up the paint paint code.
Later when leaving with the car Justin asked me to stop by a local body shop, Gilbert expertly mixed a sample of paint and touched up the door, and handed me a container full of mixed Magma Red. This was done at not charge. Also
Justin let a new lotus shirt and key ring inside the car form me… Truely old school care…

Full disclosure I did send Justin for Christmas a Starbucks gift card…

Attachments

• 4327A8F1-ED02-4070-8A43-662A8893661B.jpeg
    4327A8F1-ED02-4070-8A43-662A8893661B.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 79

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back