USA/Canada Delivery Thread

1,200 would be about 25 cars per dealer for the year... I think it will be A LOT more. I even think my 2.5K might be light. Could easily be around 3K considering US cars were in production last fall.
I am referring to V6 FE cars. I thought US production was cut at 1,200. The remainder will not be FE cars.

For me, this will be confirmed when driving and almost never seeing another Emira outside of a meet-up. I can't count the Porsches I see in an hour.
I agree--the Lotus Emira will always be a rarely seen exotic bird. Porsche 911s are a dime a dozen--with a 60 years production. So tired of seeing them.

I am referring to V6 FE cars. I thought US production was cut at 1,200. The remainder will not be FE cars.
I am referring to V6 F/E cars as well.... It will be a lot more than 1,200 cars.

Attachments

• IMG_4321.jpeg
    IMG_4321.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 148
I am referring to V6 F/E cars as well.... It will be a lot more than 1,200 cars.
Originally we were told there'd be 700 First Editions for North America. Then in 2023 a second batch of 600 (called First Edition 2.0s) were announced for North America. All 1,300 are V6. No numbers on i4 and no numbers on base V6. So, unless there was another announcement I missed, I think this is it and the remainder will be base models.

What’s the deal with knowing how many emiras are hitting the states? Whether it’s 200 or 2000 it’s an incredibly small number when you think about how many are out there and how big the US is. I live east coast and have met up with about a dozen other lotus cars and almost NEVER see one on the streets.

You will have a very special and unique car that is rarely seen. For comparison , the 911 sold 11,000 cars in 2023 and the the ford truck 745,000 F150s in the same year lol

What’s the deal with knowing how many emiras are hitting the states? Whether it’s 200 or 2000 it’s an incredibly small number when you think about how many are out there and how big the US is. I live east coast and have met up with about a dozen other lotus cars and almost NEVER see one on the streets.

You will have a very special and unique car that is rarely seen. For comparison , the 911 sold 11,000 cars in 2023 and the the ford truck 745,000 F150s in the same year lol
That’s because they are all in the shop waiting for parts😂

What’s the deal with knowing how many emiras are hitting the states? Whether it’s 200 or 2000 it’s an incredibly small number
For sure. I doubt Lotus will get more Emiras out than the Aston Martin VH2 Vantage, and I've only seen two of those in the wild (living in the northeast tri-state area). Probably more likely in So Cal or Florida, but same can be said for every exotic, methinks.

Agreed! I see a Lotus in the wild maybe 2-3 times a year (not counting C&C meets or track days). I posted some more interesting production number stats here:

I think the frustration currently being expressed has to do with our collective optimism that once the CARB fiasco was overcome we would be receiving vehicles in "short order" - when the reality for many of us is months more of waiting. A few weeks is tolerable - a few months has just added gasoline to the fire.

Originally we were told there'd be 700 First Editions for North America. Then in 2023 a second batch of 600 (called First Edition 2.0s) were announced for North America. All 1,300 are V6. No numbers on i4 and no numbers on base V6. So, unless there was another announcement I missed, I think this is it and the remainder will be base models.
Due to additional i4 Delays and Auto's more allocations were given to North American F/E V2's. I am not saying you were wrong when they originally announced, but I believe by the time we add up all the shipments into Baltimore by the summer, we will be beyond the 1200 number.

And yes, even at 3K Emira's, it will be a very rare car. I don't think a Lotus will ever be a common sight in North America!

I think the frustration currently being expressed has to do with our collective optimism that once the CARB fiasco was overcome we would be receiving vehicles in "short order" - when the reality for many of us is months more of waiting. A few weeks is tolerable - a few months has just added gasoline to the fire.

Yeah I’m guessing it’s 1-4 more months now for the very first reservations in CARB states for FE 1.0 manual v6. It’s not even going in any order either. Goes to show you how poorly planned the whole emissions and logistics was behind this.

Any thoughts on Biden’s new emission standards starting in 2027 effecting the availability of the Emira v6?

Any thoughts on Biden’s new emission standards starting in 2027 effecting the availability of the Emira v6?
I believe automakers can continue to produce ICE engines - the emissions standards penalize the cars that do not comply. In turn they can buy EV credits to reduce or zero out the fine. With Lotus selling EV's, they can probably use the credits. This is pretty much how GM still sells a V8 and Aston Martin, Ferrari etc. Either the price is high enough to pay the fine, or they buy EV credits off Tesla.

It does look like they are getting stricter on the manufacturers and we will probably see a lot more hybrids and EV's being launched by everyone.

I still think the Toyota V6 will be gone by 2026...

Lotus will be able to meet fleet averages if it sells the EVs it plans to in the USA well after 2027, however will Lotus continue Emira production that long? That’s Lotus’ decision.

One of the many reasons I've been a proponent of EV's for the general public/commuters; lowering fleet average emissions means they can still sell enthusiast cars to people like us!

Porsche wouldn't have been able to sell the 992 GT3 in most countries (and therefore probably not make it at all) without Taycan and hybrid SUV sales offsetting its cost and emissions. As mentioned above, I'd be surprised if the Emira V6 is still for sale in 2027.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back