USA/Canada Delivery Thread

it really gets on my nerves when people use "i have only seen X amount of Lotuses my whole life" as some kinda proof that the Emira will be a rare car.

only 6k Evoras were produced since 2009!! Emiras will be way more common compared to Evoras so quit using that as evidence please!!

all that said, i do think the Emira will still be a rare car its just dumb using the Evora as proof to somehow predict the future for the Emira when we already know theres been way more Emiras sold in a comparable amount of time.

Reactions: vdr
I live in Toronto and I’ve only seen a Lotus in the wild twice in my life! An Elise in a parking lot 15-20 years ago, and one next to me at a traffic light just after I deposited on the Emira in summer 2021, that’s it! Expecting to see an Emira perhaps once a month. Toronto may be different from the US though, Ferrari’s and Labourghini’s aren’t too rare, Porsches are very common, rarely seen many C8s.

My unscientific observations in Toronto:
Porsche
AMG
Lambourghini
Ferrari
Maserati
Aston Martin
McLaren
Vette
Lotus

I mean its pretty rare so far, I've had one reserved for almost three years and I still haven't seen one outside of the demo car I drove... some number of years ago?

Joking aside, this is a very low production count car relatively speaking, and keep in mind that over time a good percentage of them will be some combination of stashed in barns and forgotten about, crashed, or clapped out. In ten years there's probably going to be less than 5k half-decent examples of them in the US, and if Pantera shopping is anything to go by, that's going to make them very valuable.

On a completely unrelated side note if anyone has a somewhat well sorted Pantera they want to trade for my eventual Emira...

Yeah I’m guessing it’s 1-4 more months now for the very first reservations in CARB states for FE 1.0 manual v6. It’s not even going in any order either. Goes to show you how poorly planned the whole emissions and logistics was behind this.
Is also 1-4 more months at Naples cuz they cant deliver the volume...

Is also 1-4 more months at Naples cuz they cant deliver the volume...
It’s crazy, they had months to prepare but didn’t do anything. Now they have to install the software updates and send them for paint correction. Seems to me they could have done that over that past 3 months as cars were sitting in their parking lot. They could have also taken orders for PPF or Ceramic and figured out who were cash buyers versus financing. Cash buyers should have been released within a week of CARB approval.

It’s crazy, they had months to prepare but didn’t do anything. Now they have to install the software updates and send them for paint correction. Seems to me they could have done that over that past 3 months as cars were sitting in their parking lot. They could have also taken orders for PPF or Ceramic and figured out who were cash buyers versus financing. Cash buyers should have been released within a week of CARB approval.
exactly.

We don’t see many “nicer” exotics where we live just driving around in Utah. We have neighbors with Italian and German super cars, but I have not seen a Lotus in person anywhere out and about in Utah… ever. Seeing a nice car here is always a treat for us.

With the smaller exotic car community within this state I would imagine my wife’s Emira will be the only one we see anywhere around us… even with the higher production numbers than the Evora.

Due to additional i4 Delays and Auto's more allocations were given to North American F/E V2's. I am not saying you were wrong when they originally announced, but I believe by the time we add up all the shipments into Baltimore by the summer, we will be beyond the 1200 number.

And yes, even at 3K Emira's, it will be a very rare car. I don't think a Lotus will ever be a common sight in North America!
Remember - the i4 and V6 Auto still have to get CARB cert

The emira will be more daily drivable than past Lotus. Though they are rare I think they will be driven more than past cars. I expect to see a few roaming around in SoCal.

Just arrived to Phoenix! We can’t stop driving it!

Attachments

• IMG_0419.jpeg
    IMG_0419.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0425.jpeg
    IMG_0425.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0423.jpeg
    IMG_0423.jpeg
    500.6 KB · Views: 156
The emira will be more daily drivable than past Lotus. Though they are rare I think they will be driven more than past cars. I expect to see a few roaming around in SoCal.
Add me to the SoCal list. My vehicle is waiting to be picked up by a shipper. Coming from lotus cape fear.

Hoping it’ll be here by late next week!

Hopefully your waiting is over soon, picked up my car last week.. loving it, “ everything works “ 450 miles so far!
Star Motors in Houston was fantastic.
No extra fees. MSRP + tax + title & license. No dealer prep no hidden charges… Justin is amazing. When first viewing the car a chipped the door. Asked if he could order some touch up paint. Justin introduced me to the parts guy ( supper nice ) who said it maybe difficult to get. He did look up the paint paint code.
Later when leaving with the car Justin asked me to stop by a local body shop, Gilbert expertly mixed a sample of paint and touched up the door, and handed me a container full of mixed Magma Red. This was done at not charge. Also
Justin let a new lotus shirt and key ring inside the car form me… Truely old school care…

Full disclosure I did send Justin for Christmas a Starbucks gift card…
Kitty-cat in the background on his way to lick his balls on top of your Emira. 😜

(for those who don't know what I'm referencing)

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 3.44.13 pm.png

When are you expecting the car? Are there any SoCal Facebook groups besides the lotus club group? It’s fairly inactive.

Mine is May-Aug. But might expect sooner. My dealer’s excel sheet of orders shows everyone around me in the page has gotten a vin already. Mine for some reason still says locked. Don't mind the wait though. I waited 2 years already and nearly forgot about my deposit after so long. Another 3-5 months for me won't hurt

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back