USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Can anyone tell me how they came about getting their VIN? My dealer wasn't helpful.....just told me the car is either being built, on the boat, or in Baltimore. I called Lotus US customer service and spoke with Justin and he was even less helpful.
They have a spreadsheet updated periodically - and my dealer has been great and said he’d notify me when they get it, but the reps don’t always update them regularly. A couple weeks ago I figured mine must be built by then as it was in production a few weeks earlier and someone mentioned they got a quick reply from Lotus so I tried e-mailing Lotus per this other person. My dealer e-mails me a day later and said Lotus forwarded them my e-mail and gave him my VIN which he passed on….seems to be different depending on the market and I assume who the rep is covering the dealership or the region…

Picked up my car. I'm overwhelmed and over the moon. Driving it made me feel like a mix of Batman and James Bond. Excited to share my experiences and impressions as an owner. Also excited to hear from other owners. I can feel the energy on this forum shift as customer deliveries finally ramp up.....

I will enthusiastically wave to each one of you I encounter on the road and will happily chat you all up for hours on end. Grateful and honored to join the Lotus family. The brand is truly one of a kind. I pledge to defend the Emira till death as one of the greatest cars ever made.....until an issue pops up and I complain hysterically in the issues thread. Until then, much love. I'm so happy for all of us. We are all blessed and we did it.
Congrats! You should go all the way. Wear a suit during the day and a cape at night!

On your first point the first 60 do not necessarily include all the FE1s. While the serial numbers are sequential, we have no way of knowing if they built in order and they certainly are not being shipped in order. For example, the number 2 order at Gentry was not even on the boat.

On your questions: I haven’t explored insurance too much yet. I’ll investigate with Hagerty by phone and see where that goes since I have a car with them already. As far as PPF, they have a guy they deal with and will book him in. Paul emailed me the packages and prices.

I really don’t expect to see the car for at least a couple weeks yet. It’s not even in Toronto…
On your first point the first 60 do not necessarily include all the FE1s. While the serial numbers are sequential, we have no way of knowing if they built in order and they certainly are not being shipped in order. For example, the number 2 order at Gentry was not even on the boat.

On your questions: I haven’t explored insurance too much yet. I’ll investigate with Hagerty by phone and see where that goes since I have a car with them already. As far as PPF, they have a guy they deal with and will book him in. Paul emailed me the packages and prices.

I really don’t expect to see the car for at least a couple weeks yet. It’s not even in Toronto…
Ahhh, thanks for clarifying - I may have been somewhat misinformed somewhere that the first 60 included all the Canadian FE1s, any idea what colour the #2 one is? At one point it was said they prioritized the most popular ones in the initial batch.

My plate showed up today, I’ll prob swing by in the next day or two and check them out and do the same as you - planing to do their PPF as well just want to confirm the guy is good which I’m sure he is. Hagerty has previously given me an estimate that was around 3K a year but now that I got the VIN they haven’t got back to me in over a week…

I do have a vin and it was not on the Baltimore list however the vin before and after mine seemed to be on that list if I’m correct. We’re still getting winter days here so I’m not missing anything. I also asked to have the aftermarket parts installed pre delivery and will inquire about ppf as well.

Are you doing anything to mod the sound and will Gentry do it?

Sorry I should clarify, the screenshot I shared was originally posted by someone else on here, for their own car. My dealer won't let me see the document for my car.
I don’t want to make any false accusations but it sounds like that dealership could be pulling some funny business or setting themselves up to be able to do it with your allocation if they won’t share it with you…

This is wild speculation but say they have someone want to buy your car right away for ____ they sell it then order one to your spec in a later batch and sell you that one…

I’ve got family in Calgary and know some folks in Alberta do tend to behave like it’s the Wild West...

How long from the port to the dealer? I'm in TX, found out my car landed on the 12th (apparently), so presuming it is.... prettttyyyy close! Super psyched!

How long from the port to the dealer? I'm in TX, found out my car landed on the 12th (apparently), so presuming it is.... prettttyyyy close! Super psyched!
Would think any day, the Toronto cars on that ship arrived at the dealership on Tuesday.

I did that yesterday and got this response:

"No, it has not boarded a vessel yet. They held them at the factory; the vehicles were not sitting somewhere random. They have vessels incoming as we speak and it’s a matter of time before your Emira is on its way."

So apparently mine is not on the any of the next three vessels! :mad:

"They held them at the factory" part is interesting because when I was informed the build was completed and given a VIN on 1/18 I was told the car was sitting at port awaiting shipment.

I also find it hard to believe that three weeks since CARB approval and supposedly no one at Lotus has a schedule of what cars are going on which boat and when.

#FireMattWindle
There are storage space at Hethel, at the port, They have even closed down the test track for additional storage at times so it could be at any one of those places.

Yes, mine looks different but is basically the same...what dealer are you with?
I don’t want to make any false accusations but it sounds like that dealership could be pulling some funny business or setting themselves up to be able to do it with your allocation if they won’t share it with you…
Yeah, exactly. I don't want to call anybody out for something they haven't done yet, so I'll just say that my deposit is with an Alberta dealership. And hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on my VIN's true MSRP somehow via either a) the car's window sticker, or b) calling Lotus USA and requesting it. So I'll keep those options in my back pocket come checkout time. (y)

After nearly 3 years of waiting, the Emira is finally home! The drive back was about 2.5 hours, so I had the opportunity to get familiar with the car. Overall, the car is brilliant and it was worth the wait. Few top of mind…
  • Loved my spec and wouldn’t change a thing.
  • KEF is good enough for me. There is a lot of engine noise (in a good way) inside the cabin which works against it unfortunately.
  • Manual transmission is perfect and I had no issues getting used to the rather heavy clutch and the offset.
  • Seats are very comfortable.
  • Screens were bright enough during the day. Touch menu buttons and font are rather small though.
  • Wireless carplay worked just fine.
  • Sports suspension with cup2 is firm, but not at all harsh. It is noticeably dialed down from the Evora GT.
  • Alcantara steering wheel feels awesome.
  • Car sounds very good in Sports setting and I haven’t even gone past 4K RPMs.
  • Did not notice any funny wind noise at highway speeds or any rattles.
  • I did inherit swirl marks on paint and on wheels. I will need to spend a weekend dialing it in.
  • The Emira feels like Evora GTs cousin as opposed to a sibling. It sounds different, feels different, drives different. All very very good, just different.
Here are couple of pictures taken at the dealership. For those waiting, I hope you get your Emira soon!

Attachments

• IMG_3063.jpeg
    IMG_3063.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3065.jpeg
    IMG_3065.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 110
After nearly 3 years of waiting, the Emira is finally home! The drive back was about 2.5 hours, so I had the opportunity to get familiar with the car. Overall, the car is brilliant and it was worth the wait. Few top of mind…
  • Loved my spec and wouldn’t change a thing.
  • KEF is good enough for me. There is a lot of engine noise (in a good way) inside the cabin which works against it unfortunately.
  • Manual transmission is perfect and I had no issues getting used to the rather heavy clutch and the offset.
  • Seats are very comfortable.
  • Screens were bright enough during the day. Touch menu buttons and font are rather small though.
  • Wireless carplay worked just fine.
  • Sports suspension with cup2 is firm, but not at all harsh. It is noticeably dialed down from the Evora GT.
  • Alcantara steering wheel feels awesome.
  • Car sounds very good in Sports setting and I haven’t even gone past 4K RPMs.
  • Did not notice any funny wind noise at highway speeds or any rattles.
  • I did inherit swirl marks on paint and on wheels. I will need to spend a weekend dialing it in.
  • The Emira feels like Evora GTs cousin as opposed to a sibling. It sounds different, feels different, drives different. All very very good, just different.
Here are couple of pictures taken at the dealership. For those waiting, I hope you get your Emira soon!
Congrats.
Now, feel good and finally change yr status to OWNER. !!!!

Hi, do yo mind PM me the prices etc or email? I have a initial deposit with them since Oct 2022. Other than that not much news for me, or when I'll even be able to configure.

In an ironic twist, I thought buying my Emira from a "larger" dealer would result in a better shot at an early allocation. The reality is that the way the deliveries have been rolled out, I am now stuck waiting on the dealer cuz they have too many vehicles to deliver - and cant handle more incoming vehicles on their lot. Go figure - almost 1000 days and counting...

In an ironic twist, I thought buying my Emira from a "larger" dealer would result in a better shot at an early allocation. The reality is that the way the deliveries have been rolled out, I am now stuck waiting on the dealer cuz they have too many vehicles to deliver - and cant handle more incoming vehicles on their lot. Go figure - almost 1000 days and counting...
welcome to the exotic car purchasing experience :)

Same here, except mine (the 2nd largest Lotus dealer in the U.S.) has nothing so far. I have a VIN, but my car isn't even in the U.S. yet and Park Place at Bellevue doesn't seem to have any information. I placed my order July 11, 2021 for what I was expecting to be a limited production number car, the First Edition of 500 cars. Having ordered so early, I was expecting I'd be an early owner of a very exclusive car. Instead, they're producing more than twice as many as originally told, and people who decided just 2 months ago to buy one have their car already, and I'm stuck in the Lotus version of dude where's my car.

If you wrote this as a Hollywood script, nobody would believe it.

Same here, except mine (the 2nd largest Lotus dealer in the U.S.) has nothing so far. I have a VIN, but my car isn't even in the U.S. yet and Park Place at Bellevue doesn't seem to have any information. I placed my order July 11, 2021 for what I was expecting to be a limited production number car, the First Edition of 500 cars. Having ordered so early, I was expecting I'd be an early owner of a very exclusive car. Instead, they're producing more than twice as many as originally told, and people who decided just 2 months ago to buy one have their car already, and I'm stuck in the Lotus version of dude where's my car.

I like this idea. Let's expand on it.

After placing an order for his dream car and waiting patiently for years, a man begins to suspect he may never see his purchase. Driven by a mix of curiosity and frustration, he embarks on a secretive investigation into the factory's operations, only to discover they weren't building cars at all -- but something far more sinister.

Is anyone actually surprised that the role out is completely random. Lotus have produced well over 2.5K F/E manual V6 cars for North America. Which for the 50 or so dealers is 50 cars each for the year, maybe more for the bigger ones and less for others. Not a crazy amount and they should be able to deliver all the first editions by end of May. That is my estimation at least. Unfortunately, some early FE1's in Carb states may be some of the last to get delivered.

couldn't agree more.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back