• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Finally got delivered this morning. Only issues are the SOS alert came on and oddly my windows are...odd. I roll them down and then they roll themselves right back up! LOL. I was trying to talk to someone out the window and itbwas quite embarrassing. But I'll work that out.

View attachment 40179
Silver wheel club represent!

I think silver VS black depends on your car's main color. The more vibrant colors can pull off silver wheels, but those of us with Nimbus who wants a more aggressive look chose black wheels.

I am seriously contemplating having them repainted a gold/bronze color.

Finally got delivered this morning. Only issues are the SOS alert came on and oddly my windows are...odd. I roll them down and then they roll themselves right back up! LOL. I was trying to talk to someone out the window and itbwas quite embarrassing. But I'll work that out.

View attachment 40179

Congrats on the delivery!!

A UAE friend of mine has this same exact window issue with her Emira. Keep us posted if you get a fix from the dealer.

Congrats on the delivery!!

A UAE friend of mine has this same exact window issue with her Emira. Keep us posted if you get a fix from the dealer.
@DerTheDer and don't get pulled over! The cop is not going to believe your story after you roll the window up in their face. "It's the car doing it on its own, I swear officer." 🤣

@DerTheDer and don't get pulled over! The cop is not going to believe your story after you roll the window up in their face. "It's the car doing it on its own, I swear officer." 🤣

Lmfao.. Could you imagine? Window goes up and cop pulls a gun and tells Emira owner to get out. Reminds me of the Always Sunny episode where Dennis tries to take a mental health day and gets pulled over in the EV he rents.

To the logistics experts here: wouldn’t it be cheaper to have a west coast port option in addition to an east coast port? How is shipping hundreds of cars from the east coast on trailer more affordable than a ship crossing the Panama Canal?

To the logistics experts here: wouldn’t it be cheaper to have a west coast port option in addition to an east coast port? How is shipping hundreds of cars from the east coast on trailer more affordable than a ship crossing the Panama Canal?
Depends on the cost of whatever they're doing in port. If they're really trucking cars from NYC to Baltimore just to do the port prep and inspection process (remains to be confirmed), it must be something involved.

Just send them a link to this thread. And give them a month to catch up.

Just adding to the thread here. I reserved in October 2022, order placed September 2023, and my VIN is on the 4/7 ship. I ordered at the dealer in Summit, NJ and requested a quote for PPF to be done before pickup. Thanks for all the info everyone procided on this thread. Looking forward to enjoying the car this summer.

Yeah... port Newark is like 20 min from Lotus of NJ. I can't see how the logistical cost of sending it to Baltimore and back makes sense unless they have no other choice. Time will tell.

So if my VIN is landing in NY April 7th what's your guess on when it will be ready for pickup in Los Angeles? 30 days? (Trying to time my Loan Application w my local credit union)

So if my VIN is landing in NY April 7th what's your guess on when it will be ready for pickup in Los Angeles? 30 days? (Trying to time my Loan Application w my local credit union)
How do you know when your vin is loaded on a ship? Sorry can’t find how to do this

Think about how much time you think it would take… and then double it 😂 ask me how I know. Until the dealer gives you an exact delivery date, wait it out before applying etc. Nothing about this process with Lotus have been in a timely manner

Yeah... port Newark is like 20 min from Lotus of NJ.
Dealers: So let's have the Northeast cars prepped in the Northeast.... right?

Lotus: No....
1000000199.gif

How do you know when your vin is loaded on a ship? Sorry can’t find how to do this
Look at Nova’s profile (cartoon Tiger avatar) and tap on his About > Signature, within his profile information. He has a comprehensive spreadsheet listing all VINs and their status (if they were loaded on a boat).

Last edited:
Yeah... port Newark is like 20 min from Lotus of NJ. I can't see how the logistical cost of sending it to Baltimore and back makes sense unless they have no other choice. Time will tell.
Yea, there must be some idiotic requirement that would have made Elon Musk's head explode (reading his biography right now and that guy is nuts). The cost of transporting the cars by truck from NJ to Baltimore is not trivial. Maybe they are going rail? There is definitely rail that connects Newark RoRo to Dundalk RoRo.

My local dealer has no recent info whatsoever, he’s still parroting the Lotus line of “late summer delivery” maybe…. Me? I’m not as optimistic. I’d be shocked if I see my car this year…

Late July ‘21 for my first deposit with a submitted configuration in 08/23. I was originally told I had a build date of Jan ‘24 but that was before the CARB debacle.
V6 Auto-I got the same reply. Additional comment was ' you never know with Lotus- you may see it earlier' :). I am hoping at least we will get this year!

Reactions: vdr
I've compiled all of the VINs I could find for the US Emira shipments. What's missing is that I could only find 99 of the 150 VINs for the first shipment dated 12/1/2023. So this list is incomplete. This list will be updated as new shipments arrive.

My VIN is on the list! Here we go!!!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back