• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Okay guys (and gals), remember... it's YOUR CAR. Use some common sense here. Is your main focus coming up with a legal case, or would you just rather have a car that runs reliably for years and years? Regardless of what's been added or wasn't in the original manual, just be sensible and follow a reasonable wear-in procedure.
Yea, I will be properly (more or less) break in in mine but what I find funny is how many people don't break in a V6 Camry and look how long they last. Maybe it's the super charger that needs the break in?

Yea, I will be properly (more or less) break in in mine but what I find funny is how many people don't break in a V6 Camry and look how long they last. Maybe it's the super charger that needs the break in?
Camry's aren't tuned to put out 400 hp, nor are they using the trans/diff setup the Emira has. It's more than just the engine.

FWIW, my dealer called today and confirmed that my Emira is on the Atlantic Sun, due into Newark on April 7th. He said to expect delivery the first or second week of May, so that's 4-5 weeks after unloading for those that have been asking. My dealer is Lotus of DC in Rockville, MD, a CARB state.
Hi there. I also ordered from Loc at Lotus of DC. Did you check the spreadsheet here on this post? Is your VIN on the 4/7 or 3/29 list? Several of the Lotus of DC customers’ cars are showing having been on the 3/29 boat.

Don't think a lot of ppl are going to go crazy with their Camry plus it's typically an auto. As Eagle says be sensible with your own car/investment - but some fool might start revving our their brand new Emira or take it on the track day 1 and do a lot more than someone is likely able to do on a public road with a 300hp Camry...

@Eagle7 fully agree with you. Whats up with folks not wanting to follow the manufacturer guidelines around break in? If you don’t want to, ok then don’t do it. We re behaving like children being told you can’t play with a toy until a certain point and throwing a fit about it lol. You waited 2+ years to get the car and now you have it, what’s another few hundred miles to ensure engine longevity?

@Eagle7 fully agree with you. Whats up with folks not wanting to follow the manufacturer guidelines around break in? If you don’t want to, ok then don’t do it. We re behaving like children being told you can’t play with a toy until a certain point and throwing a fit about it lol. You waited 2+ years to get the car and now you have it, what’s another few hundred miles to ensure engine longevity?
As this is a weekend toy for me, it will take me months to cover 1,000 miles. a) 1,000 miles is a lot. Most modern cars require no or 500mi break-in. b) I don’t mind the <4,000rpm, but not to hear the beautiful exhaust tone of Sport for a few months is painful. Just trying to understand why b) was added to the user manual for version 2 Emiras and not earlier Emiras.

As this is a weekend toy for me, it will take me months to cover 1,000 miles. a) 1,000 miles is a lot. Most modern cars require no or 500mi break-in. b) I don’t mind the <4,000rpm, but not to hear the beautiful exhaust tone of Sport for a few months is painful. Just trying to understand why b) was added to the user manual for version 2 Emiras and not earlier Emiras.

On point A, can you name a piston based internal combustion powered car that requires zero break in?

So who/where do we think the first to be delivered from the 296 that just landed?
Messaged my dealer on Friday.... 🦗🦗🦗

On point A, can you name a piston based internal combustion powered car that requires zero break in?
No, most manufacturers require it. I still think it’s over played going to 1000 or even higher miles, but everyone needs to do what they want to do it their money and car. My EV Etron GT is a lease they recommend never filling the battery to 100%. When I bought it the sales manager, GM and the leasing manger said put it at 100% after 3 years you hand it back it’s not your problem. Why sacrifice extra 45 miles & not having it fully juiced up., I laughed.

IMO, after 500 miles the Emira will be fully broken in. Like others have said this is a toy for me that will see 2k miles a year sometimes even less. One video with a high end engine builder engineer who says 500 miles is good rule of thumb. He also said that it’s a hard topic to cover because so many people have opinions, as he goes by engineering and experience from building high-tech motors.

Random data point for the lurkers who check this thread:

My dealer (Bellevue, WA) still won't give me a VIN despite a 2021 deposit and Aug 2023 order. They seem to think my car hasn't been built yet, which I'm skeptical about. I think they're just too lazy to check. I'm hoping mine is one of the few hundred that just hit US soil, but of course no way to tell without a VIN. Frustrating.

If I had to guess, it will be Lotus of DC or Philly. But, if Lotus prioritizes their larger dealers, it will be NJ/NY.

I hear ya but we are complaining about DRIVING our cars. Get out there and drive!

I don't know where you live, but if you can, take a few weekend trips. 300 miles (150 there and back) isn't that much for a nice driving trip. You should be able to reach the 1,000 mile mark in a couple months, and along the way, have some fun in your new car. You'll be driving around in sport mode before you know it!

Random data point for the lurkers who check this thread:

My dealer (Bellevue, WA) still won't give me a VIN despite a 2021 deposit and Aug 2023 order. They seem to think my car hasn't been built yet, which I'm skeptical about. I think they're just too lazy to check. I'm hoping mine is one of the few hundred that just hit US soil, but of course no way to tell without a VIN. Frustrating.
I feel you, I have nothing either. May 22 order, Dec 21 deposit, nothing.

This is crap. Are they not responding at all, or have and just said they don't know yet?
I can't speak for his experience, but my sales guy is at least good with responding quickly, it's just usually with short or vague information (which may not be 100% his fault given how poor Lotus is with comms).

March 1st: "Without me checking in with my GM who is in a meeting, if your car is part of First Editions 1 then I can get you a VIN. If your car is a First Edition second batch, then those cars are being built this month. And therefore the VIN won’t be available until the car is built."

March 30th: "We don’t have yours quite yet. But when we do, I will send it to you. The only ones that have VINs currently are the very first editions 1s. Yours will be coming soon."

I personally think this is just laziness combined with bad info since we all know FE 2.0's have been sitting in US garages for many weeks now. Trying my best to be patient while everyone gets excited over their VIN's showing arrival on shipping manifests, meanwhile I continue to be kept in the dark after 2.5 years...

This line from March 1st is BS
"If your car is a First Edition second batch, then those cars are being built this month."
My car is a V2. Build completed and Vin supplied on 1/18

To be fair, what the salesperson said can be correct in certain contexts. FE 2.0 cars are continuing to be built - some have not been built. Or, if they have been built, maybe Lotus has not supplied those to the dealers yet.

Regardless, based on the SN ranges, we see that Lotus is building cars at a fast pace. The SNs are already up to the 2500 range for NA cars. I assume they will be pushing out all FE 2.0 manual cars ASAP so that they can tick over to 2025 MY production.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back