• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Hi there. I also ordered from Loc at Lotus of DC. Did you check the spreadsheet here on this post? Is your VIN on the 4/7 or 3/29 list? Several of the Lotus of DC customers’ cars are showing having been on the 3/29 boat.
I'm 1904, on the 4/7 ship. On the other hand another Lotus of DC car (1902) was on the 3/9 ship. The order of shipping is a bit random but the good news is our cars are coming :)

Yep. These new dealers allowed quite a bit of practical "line jumping". I know that the reason I'm not too upset about it is because I got an allocation. I would definitely feel some type of way if I was still waiting for my build. Lotus of DC is about 30 minutes away from me but when I ordered, Lotus of NJ was the closest dealer from me with a reasonable ratio of deposits to potential allocation size.

On the other hand, I do appreciate having a local Lotus dealer.
This whole process has been awfully weird. Did the 3/9 car get delivered? I’m super excited to get the car and I know it’s closing in on the final moments…

He didn't say that those numbers were all for North America. He's saying that the sequential VIN ranges have gone from the 300s in November to the 2500s now, so they are pushing out quite a lot of product.
Thanks I miss understood. My bad

Yep. These new dealers allowed quite a bit of practical "line jumping". I know that the reason I'm not too upset about it is because I got an allocation. I would definitely feel some type of way if I was still waiting for my build. Lotus of DC is about 30 minutes away from me but when I ordered, Lotus of NJ was the closest dealer from me with a reasonable ratio of deposits to potential allocation size.

Most of them didn’t even know how many cars they would get. How bizarre this whole episode.

I put in my deposit in Sept. of 21. My dealer told me there was an application process and a week later called me and told me it was accepted. The following January I received an email from Lotus saying my dealer would contact me in the spring to finalize the order. In May, I called the dealer only to find out that he was allotted 15 cars and I was 17 on the list. So I was out. I guess I was naive for thinking that Lotus could count the number of cars it allocated vs deposits before sending me an email and leaving me hanging for 9 months. Ultimately, I was able to order the V2 + $12k. Lesson learned!

Got mine today, great April 1st present! Color is much better in person. Tomorrow will be hard wiring all the stuff I need in - radar, iPhone charger, dash cam. And driving a bunch more :)

Attachments

• IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    462.6 KB · Views: 152
Got mine today, great April 1st present! Color is much better in person. Tomorrow will be hard wiring all the stuff I need in - radar, iPhone charger, dash cam. And driving a bunch more :)
If your interior is tan, you’ve got pretty much the same spec as mine…

This is crap. Are they not responding at all, or have and just said they don't know yet?
They respond with "we don't know, we know there are rumors, etc but the internet is wrong."

I've only called them twice. One because they sent me an email that told me to, for financing etc, and he told me to email them. That was about 2 weeks ago. No response. I'll probably just call the manager and ask for another salesman.

Last edited:
A new boat arrived to DE from Hamble UK. 10 pieces were on it. Unfortunately, it doesn't list the VIN's, so I reached out to the contact and got a response about my car.

Last week’s factory report listed your car as near production complete. Hoping to see it finalized on this week’s report, but I do not have a sailing schedule for the vehicle yet. I would expect it to sail sometime this month.

So happy to have gotten some insight, but my car was supposed to be built Dec/Jan but now it's nearing being completed? At least I have some visibility now.

Congrats, you will love your car. I've got 1k on mine and it gets better everyday. Handling is amazing. Curious which radar detector?

I can't speak for his experience, but my sales guy is at least good with responding quickly, it's just usually with short or vague information (which may not be 100% his fault given how poor Lotus is with comms).

March 1st: "Without me checking in with my GM who is in a meeting, if your car is part of First Editions 1 then I can get you a VIN. If your car is a First Edition second batch, then those cars are being built this month. And therefore the VIN won’t be available until the car is built."

March 30th: "We don’t have yours quite yet. But when we do, I will send it to you. The only ones that have VINs currently are the very first editions 1s. Yours will be coming soon."

I personally think this is just laziness combined with bad info since we all know FE 2.0's have been sitting in US garages for many weeks now. Trying my best to be patient while everyone gets excited over their VIN's showing arrival on shipping manifests, meanwhile I continue to be kept in the dark after 2.5 years...
It may have something to do with requests from Park Place. They obviously didn't want 80 cars sitting around that they couldn't sell until CARB certification. I have an FE 1.0 so my guy was able to get the VIN. I was part of their original allocation. Originally they were only going to get 45 cars, but I gather that amount was almost doubled once Lotus decided to produce an additional allocation amount (FE 2.0), so it's possible that Park Place asked them to not build and send more cars they can't sell until CARB cert. They had already ordered their entire original allocation because at that time we thought cars were going to be delivered over a year ago.

Park Place is the second biggest Lotus dealer in the U.S., so I would think they'd have some clout to make special requests. Obviously Lotus has produced and shipped FE 2.0 cars to other dealers, notably in non-CARB states, and many of those dealers are likely to be low-volume (normally) dealers. Lotus also had to make at least some available to the new dealerships that were started up after the Emira was announced.

It's been a complete crap-shoot as to what's going on and when, and that's on Lotus. It has to be an incredibly frustrating and exhausting experience to be a dealer for them. Now that cars are being steadily produced, hopefully things will become more fluid and workable.

They respond with "we don't know, we know there are rumors, etc but the internet is wrong."

I've only called them twice. One because they sent me an email that told me to, for financing etc, and he told me to email them. That was about 2 weeks ago. No response. I'll probably just call the manager and ask for another salesman.
Ask to be switched to Alan Grana. He's been very good with me right from the beginning.

I just called my dealer (yes, the one that said not to call or email them.. but I was out of the country for 2 weeks so figured time for a check-in) and the salesman's voicemail box was full. Then I called the main line and pressed the option for sales and it rang then also went to a mailbox that was full. I guess they don't want any new sales either, as anyone who tried to call with a sales inquiry will have a tough time getting through!

I know my VIN and my car arrived in the port on 12/29/23. Frustrating, but what can ya do?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back