• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I just called my dealer (yes, the one that said not to call or email them.. but I was out of the country for 2 weeks so figured time for a check-in) and the salesman's voicemail box was full. Then I called the main line and pressed the option for sales and it rang then also went to a mailbox that was full. I guess they don't want any new sales either, as anyone who tried to call with a sales inquiry will have a tough time getting through!

I know my VIN and my car arrived in the port on 12/29/23. Frustrating, but what can ya do?
Gator?

Delaware huh? 👀

Yea, may have been diverted? This ship would have sailed prior to the Baltimore incident. Delaware might have been the closest alternative port of call.

My turn is finally here! Been at the dealership since mid-Dec but took a while for them to get to me for delivery. They got my final paperwork yesterday, just sent the wire, now to see when I can get on a truck up to CT :p

Great taste! :) Yes, mine is tan.
I am continually baffled as to how anybody could have specced their car in any other way 🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 114
It's a known fact that red adds 5 hp to any car. However it also causes a Pavlovian response in the police, especially near the end of the month when they need to write some tickets to fill a quota. If your red car is parked at the side of the street, and a black car speeds by, the police will give you a speeding ticket just because it's red and they were looking at it when the black car sped by.

Maybe everyone else (who had car delivered) got the Lotus survey via email. I got one asking how delivery went and asking about any issues. I wish there were more asking about communication satisfaction. Maybe theyll actually read the responses.

I just called my dealer (yes, the one that said not to call or email them.. but I was out of the country for 2 weeks so figured time for a check-in) and the salesman's voicemail box was full. Then I called the main line and pressed the option for sales and it rang then also went to a mailbox that was full. I guess they don't want any new sales either, as anyone who tried to call with a sales inquiry will have a tough time getting through!

I know my VIN and my car arrived in the port on 12/29/23. Frustrating, but what can ya do?
@ameeriklane I work for Gator, and while I however am not New-Car Sales, I'd be more than happy to PM you or email you with whatever I can do to help.

I am continually baffled as to how anybody could have specced their car in any other way 🤣🤣
I was going to go Magma, but I decided that I did not want to explain to everyone, No, its not a Ferrari. So I passed on Magma.
Great color, but I did not want to deal with the F car comments.

I was going to go Magma, but I decided that I did not want to explain to everyone, No, its not a Ferrari. So I passed on Magma.
Great color, but I did not want to deal with the F car comments.
I think Vivid Red is more Ferrari-like than Magma, but as I have already proven 50% of red-coloured-Lotus owners can’t even identify the colour of their own car 😬

Any V6 auto customers talked to their salesman for any infos? Build time and any other info cause my guy has nothing.
I have a friend who ordered an auto and got an update from Gator either Friday or Monday. He said it stated something about Lotus asked to validate configs for auto orders and that production will start shortly. Kinda surprised given how long CARB took for the manual but maybe they are going to stage again or maybe the CARB approval is going to be faster for the auto?? no idea but this was the latest he got

I asked RDS (Lotus Philly) today if they had an update or ETA for cars at Newark.
Was told the forum was a better source for information than their Lotus rep 🤷🤦
(The same Lotus rep told them last week my car was not on a boat yet when it was actually on the Newark boat from Friday.)

I assume I am facing a whole new batch of challenges since very few Lotus vehicles went to Delaware - and now somehow have to get sorted out? Anyone have an idea?

Is Gator still having some of their cars held at Lotus HQ in the us?
No, we have hundreds of cars to deliver, we're just trying to make our way through the list as fast as we can. Many of our customers have received their cars already and we understand there are others still waiting. We apologize for the delay in response as we are all-hands-on-deck managing through hundreds of emails and phone calls a day.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back