• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I spoke to Tony last week. It was at the port "processing" a month ago. Any way to tell when it will make its way to Gator? Or is it already there and just too many cars ahead of me being prepped for delivery? Tony had provided my VIN a couple months ago...in case it helps. SCCLEKAX5RHA11212 I can't imagine why it would be at the port for a month?!?
I'll PM you with some info!

Well, yea, the engineers are probably conservative with the break-in, because pushing the envelope doesn't apply here. There's also the other departments at a manufacturer who wants less unhappy customers and less warranty claims, so it's entirely possible they took the engineer's recommendations and doubled it.

There is a limit, though. Manufacturers also don't want customers who think it's a hassle to own their cars. This is why most of them have moved to 10k oil changes and no early first oil change. I remember the early transition period where one brand, which I no longer remember (might have been Honda?), specifically says in the manual that it has a special engine oil for the first 3000 miles that need to be changed early. People were arguing in the forums that the ensuing changes are only every 10k miles so it must be fine to wait until 10k for the first oil change, and that the engineers are overly cautious - worse, it's just a trick by the marketing department to satisfy customers who are still used to 3k oil changes. That thread went on *PAGES* and the entire episode struck me as being irrationally silly.

Just follow the manual - 1k miles isn't that much, why second guess?
Believe that was Volvo, and not just the oil. They wanted all fluids changed at first service.

Since there is talk of switching to MY 2025, has there been any info on what changes there might be for 2025 versions? If any…
I heard they were adding a stowage net to the DRIVERS side footwell as well as giving you deluxe Lotus branded bumper stickers that say “I Brake for CELs”…

1712160939573.gif

Since there is talk of switching to MY 2025, has there been any info on what changes there might be for 2025 versions? If any…
Technically they can still produce MY 2024 models for another 3 or 4 months. They still have to produce FE 2.0 automatics and i4's for North America. Traditionally manufacturers end that year's model year in July, and use August to tool up for the following year and start selling them in September. However this is Lotus, so they could still keep producing MY 2024's longer than that.

I'm expecting MY 2025 will begin delivery of base models, and FE production will be done and over. I know R and S model designations have been seen in documents, but a Lotus exec also said they were hard stopping production of the Emira in 2028. If they get an explosion of base orders (likely), will there be enough time for additional models before 2028?

It's really ridiculous for Lotus to even consider stopping the most successful model they've ever built, just because of some mis-guided notion of 'saving the planet' with EV cars (total lunacy). Government regulations are going to change and deadlines are going to get pushed back. That's already started. Lotus would be wise to keep the Emira in production until at least 2030, and see how the regulation winds are blowing at that time.

Technically they can still produce MY 2024 models for another 3 or 4 months. They still have to produce FE 2.0 automatics and i4's for North America. Traditionally manufacturers end that year's model year in July, and use August to tool up for the following year and start selling them in September. However this is Lotus, so they could still keep producing MY 2024's longer than that.

I'm expecting MY 2025 will begin delivery of base models, and FE production will be done and over. I know R and S model designations have been seen in documents, but a Lotus exec also said they were hard stopping production of the Emira in 2028. If they get an explosion of base orders (likely), will there be enough time for additional models before 2028?

It's really ridiculous for Lotus to even consider stopping the most successful model they've ever built, just because of some mis-guided notion of 'saving the planet' with EV cars (total lunacy). Government regulations are going to change and deadlines are going to get pushed back. That's already started. Lotus would be wise to keep the Emira in production until at least 2030, and see how the regulation winds are blowing at that time.

I really doubt the reason they are going EV is to "save the planet".

the reason is cuz they think its going to make them the most money. which I also think is mis-guided

I really doubt the reason they are going EV is to "save the planet". the reason is cuz they think its going to make them the most money. which I also think is mis-guided
The 'save the planet' thing is the excuse being used by the elites, who control the governments, who make the rules and regulations. The manufacturers aren't making money from it, quite the opposite in fact. It's costing them big-time.

Thank goodness that I chose yellow. I feel much safer knowing that everyone will be focused on the red car.
That only applies if there's a red car near you. If there isn't one nearby, being bright yellow you're the runner-up in the "I need to fill my ticket quota" event.

I put in my deposit in Sept. of 21. My dealer told me there was an application process and a week later called me and told me it was accepted. The following January I received an email from Lotus saying my dealer would contact me in the spring to finalize the order. In May, I called the dealer only to find out that he was allotted 15 cars and I was 17 on the list. So I was out. I guess I was naive for thinking that Lotus could count the number of cars it allocated vs deposits before sending me an email and leaving me hanging for 9 months. Ultimately, I was able to order the V2 + $12k. Lesson learned!
Many of us got tripped up by the 'Acceptance' line. It actually meant your intent to buy Deposit was authenticated and you received a place in line awaiting allocation. Dealer allocation was a whole other matter. Would have been nice if this was spelled out way back.
At least your order is now in.

I received the survey today and am responding to it. There is a question about updates received while waiting for delivery. I give them a 1.
I was quite frank about the final experience after a 30 month odyssey. They really should have asked 'was it worth the wait' like we said?
Actually worth the stress.....

I have a fear that this survey will end up being construed as relevant to my salesperson at a dealership, when what I really want to talk about is how shitty the parent company is.

I though V6 autos will be MY 2025?
IMG_1873.jpeg

Has anyone that is waiting for a car from North Jersey Lotus had their Emira off loaded from the Atlantic Sea in NJ on 30th/1st gotten confirmation from their dealer that they will for sure be trucking the cars to Baltimore, only to be sent back to NJ? Did they give you a turnaround time given your cars are actually stateside? Thanks in advance!! I'm on the 4/7 arrival, Atlantic Sun and am beginning to get my ducks in a row, so to speak.

Has anyone that is waiting for a car from North Jersey Lotus had their Emira off loaded from the Atlantic Sea in NJ on 30th/1st gotten confirmation from their dealer that they will for sure be trucking the cars to Baltimore, only to be sent back to NJ? Did they give you a turnaround time given your cars are actually stateside? Thanks in advance!! I'm on the 4/7 arrival, Atlantic Sun and am beginning to get my ducks in a row, so to speak.
No one knows for sure. I doubt they would treat the cars differently for NJ/NY dealers so my bet us that they are being trucked to Baltimore like all other cars.

I am also a May 2024 build with a V6 manual with delivery supposedly July / August. We will see, but I was told 2024 MY.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back