• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I assume I am facing a whole new batch of challenges since very few Lotus vehicles went to Delaware - and now somehow have to get sorted out? Anyone have an idea?
I am guessing they will be transported to Baltimore like the NY cars and processed there before being sent to the dealers.

I have a friend who ordered an auto and got an update from Gator either Friday or Monday. He said it stated something about Lotus asked to validate configs for auto orders and that production will start shortly. Kinda surprised given how long CARB took for the manual but maybe they are going to stage again or maybe the CARB approval is going to be faster for the auto?? no idea but this was the latest he got
Got the same info my dealer today- Auto V6 production going to start very SOON.

Got the same info my dealer today- Auto V6 production going to start very SOON.
My guess is they are getting ready to tick over to 2025 production, meaning all of the 2024 V6 FE Manual cars for US and Canada are done, as well as the 2024 I4 cars. This is so exciting!

My guess is they are getting ready to tick over to 2025 production, meaning all of the 2024 V6 FE Manual cars for US and Canada are done, as well as the 2024 I4 cars. This is so exciting!

Well my V6 manual is scheduled for a mid May build, so not quite yet. And I know my dealership has another thirty V6 manuals coming. We shall see I guess.

Maybe everyone else (who had car delivered) got the Lotus survey via email. I got one asking how delivery went and asking about any issues. I wish there were more asking about communication satisfaction. Maybe theyll actually read the responses.
I received the survey today and am responding to it. There is a question about updates received while waiting for delivery. I give them a 1.

It's a known fact that red adds 5 hp to any car. However it also causes a Pavlovian response in the police, especially near the end of the month when they need to write some tickets to fill a quota. If your red car is parked at the side of the street, and a black car speeds by, the police will give you a speeding ticket just because it's red and they were looking at it when the black car sped by.
Thank goodness that I chose yellow. I feel much safer knowing that everyone will be focused on the red car.

I have a friend who ordered an auto and got an update from Gator either Friday or Monday. He said it stated something about Lotus asked to validate configs for auto orders and that production will start shortly. Kinda surprised given how long CARB took for the manual but maybe they are going to stage again or maybe the CARB approval is going to be faster for the auto?? no idea but this was the latest he got
I got the same info from my dealer here in the Northeast yesterday. He asked for confirmation of my order and said that building of the auto cars will commence shortly…

No, we have hundreds of cars to deliver, we're just trying to make our way through the list as fast as we can. Many of our customers have received their cars already and we understand there are others still waiting. We apologize for the delay in response as we are all-hands-on-deck managing through hundreds of emails and phone calls a day.

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but if you posted a spreadsheet (like a Google Doc) listing everyone's order and the status and when you last updated the status, that may cut down on a lot of the calls/emails, since they can just look there. List it by VIN or something similar that people already know, and not names, to allay any privacy concerns.

Anyone have a list of cars coming to Canada? My dealer has no info available. I was a 7/2021 depositer, my car was build in 11/2023, somehow it didn’t get on the first shipment. As most of you know, this has been the most painful new car purchase ever!! And there’s still no light at the end of the tunnel!!🥲

No, we have hundreds of cars to deliver, we're just trying to make our way through the list as fast as we can. Many of our customers have received their cars already and we understand there are others still waiting. We apologize for the delay in response as we are all-hands-on-deck managing through hundreds of emails and phone calls a day.
Appreciate the note and understood...Last week I called Lotus Customer Service to get an update b/c I know you guys are busy and didn't want to fill up Tony's inbox. Lotus USA weren't much help. Transferred my inquiry back to Gator and I got an email from Young saying..."We don't know when your car will be produced and don't have a VIN". Crazy that My configuration has been locked in since December and no info on production date or eta?

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 07.10.22.png

I spoke to Tony last week. It was at the port "processing" a month ago. Any way to tell when it will make its way to Gator? Or is it already there and just too many cars ahead of me being prepped for delivery? Tony had provided my VIN a couple months ago...in case it helps. SCCLEKAX5RHA11212 I can't imagine why it would be at the port for a month?!?

Appreciate the note and understood...Last week I called Lotus Customer Service to get an update b/c I know you guys are busy and didn't want to fill up Tony's inbox. Lotus USA weren't much help. Transferred my inquiry back to Gator and I got an email from Young saying..."We don't know when your car will be produced and don't have a VIN". Crazy that My configuration has been locked in since December and no info on production date or eta?
Ugh, that's frustrating!

Maybe I can give you some hope here…

Deposit for allocation was September 2021
… spec/build slot confirmation was also December 2023 (for V2).

In December we were told to expect delivery mid summer, maybe July.

Yesterday my wife was informed her car was “on the next ship”. She was told to expect delivery in 45 days or less and to prepare for our preferred financing. No VIN available when requested.

If you "only" locked your configuration in December 2023, I can see why Gator has no info to share with you. Some people had configurations locked in March of 2022 and didn't know anything was produced until November of 2023 - even then they didn't know if *their* car was being produced. It wasn't until Jan 2024, I think, that people started receiving VINs.

If your car is a FE 2.0 manual that is supposed to be a 2024 model year, my guess is that it is already made or nearly so. They are trying to switch over to 2025 production and it sounds like that is happening "soon".

I spoke to Tony last week. It was at the port "processing" a month ago. Any way to tell when it will make its way to Gator? Or is it already there and just too many cars ahead of me being prepped for delivery? Tony had provided my VIN a couple months ago...in case it helps. SCCLEKAX5RHA11212 I can't imagine why it would be at the port for a month?!?
There is really no way to tell. Gator understandably didn't want a bunch of cars on their hands that they can't deliver, and they have their own pace of prepping and delivering cars - their thoroughness is part of what gives them a great reputation. I know it sucks that your car still hasn't been delivered over a month after CARB approval, but I am sure the guys at Gator are going as fast as they can given their quality standards and working with Lotus USA.

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but if you posted a spreadsheet (like a Google Doc) listing everyone's order and the status and when you last updated the status, that may cut down on a lot of the calls/emails, since they can just look there. List it by VIN or something similar that people already know, and not names, to allay any privacy concerns.
I'll speak with Tony and Young. I will say, we have a new-hire that is in training right now for anything Emira/Eletre/Emeya related to help out. We're in the process of transporting more cars as we speak. (Tony will send out communication to the owners in the next batch) But please rest assured that we are doing everything we can to take care of these cars and present them to you in the best way possible. For those of you that haven't gotten your cars yet; it's worth your patience!

I will PM you shortly to see if I can get more info for you.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back