• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Page 571 and I’m taking my delivery tomorrow morning. Vancouver’s first delivery! Does that also mean it’s the first one on the west coast since all the other states are CARB states?
cfdb2d410fca64a4f985d95ae49d567a.jpeg

Does this include window tint and wheels?

I know you are offering this as a discounted rate, but I’ve gotten much better quotes in the last few days. All the big name shops in SoCal.

Not trying to devalue your work, you charge what you charge, I’m just researching quite a bit before spending all that money
I know you are offering this as a discounted rate, but I’ve gotten much better quotes in the last few days. All the big name shops in SoCal.

Not trying to devalue your work, you charge what you charge, I’m just researching quite a bit before spending all that money.
Would you be willing to share which shops are "all the big name shops in SoCal"? Sorry but I'm a complete newbie to PPF and will be looking to get mine done as close to Eurocar as possible.

I will say, we have a new-hire that is in training right now for anything Emira/Eletre/Emeya related to help out.

That's great to hear. I think buyers understand that you can only have a certain number of cars arrive per week and prep and sell them. It's probably communication where the issue is -- full voicemail boxes, calls and emails not returned don't make for a great impression -- my local Chevy dealer does better than that when buying a much less expensive vehicle.

If the new hire were placed primarily on "status of your order" inquiries (not much training needed for that), that would free up the rest of the experienced team to focus on the more complicated tasks of getting cars to buyers.

And if they really want to make a good impression, send a weekly email to each buyer with the status of their purchase, even if it's "no update this week." Yes, that takes a bit more work but you could hire a summer intern for that -- there's a major university (IU-Bloomington) an hour south with 35k students all who finish their semester in a month's time. I bet a lot of people would love to work in a place where they get to be around cool cars all summer!

It's like bus stops -- they found that people didn't like to ride the bus because they never knew when the bus was coming. After adding digital display signs showing when the next bus will arrive, people were happy. Even if the next bus wasn't for another 20 minutes, at least they knew that, and there was no uncertainty.

Yes, I realize I'm telling you how to run the business and maybe the business has dealt with this situation before and my suggestions are all worthless. Just take it as a friendly suggestion that benefits all involved -- buyers will be happy with status updates, and the business will run better long-term with happy buyers.

@T6061
I have a PPF/Wrap/Cermic coat/Tint shop that is offering a special deal to all Emira owners along with a free photo session in our studio. We are offering $5995/$6995 for a full wrap depending on material.
My car is scheduled to arrive in NY on 4/7/24. Hopefully it will be here by months end.
Which material at which price point? Thanks

That's great to hear. I think buyers understand that you can only have a certain number of cars arrive per week and prep and sell them. It's probably communication where the issue is -- full voicemail boxes, calls and emails not returned don't make for a great impression -- my local Chevy dealer does better than that when buying a much less expensive vehicle.

If the new hire were placed primarily on "status of your order" inquiries (not much training needed for that), that would free up the rest of the experienced team to focus on the more complicated tasks of getting cars to buyers.

And if they really want to make a good impression, send a weekly email to each buyer with the status of their purchase, even if it's "no update this week." Yes, that takes a bit more work but you could hire a summer intern for that -- there's a major university (IU-Bloomington) an hour south with 35k students all who finish their semester in a month's time. I bet a lot of people would love to work in a place where they get to be around cool cars all summer!

It's like bus stops -- they found that people didn't like to ride the bus because they never knew when the bus was coming. After adding digital display signs showing when the next bus will arrive, people were happy. Even if the next bus wasn't for another 20 minutes, at least they knew that, and there was no uncertainty.

Yes, I realize I'm telling you how to run the business and maybe the business has dealt with this situation before and my suggestions are all worthless. Just take it as a friendly suggestion that benefits all involved -- buyers will be happy with status updates, and the business will run better long-term with happy buyers.
We're working on getting him set up with email updates shortly! I'll update it in my signature, but you're all of course welcome to email me if there's anything I can help you with.

Page 571 and I’m taking my delivery tomorrow morning. Vancouver’s first delivery! Does that also mean it’s the first one on the west coast since all the other states are CARB states? View attachment 40497
This is Magma Red, right? (If you have seen posts #11317, 11331, 11332, 11335, 11338 you’ll understand why I’m asking 😬).

Page 571 and I’m taking my delivery tomorrow morning. Vancouver’s first delivery! Does that also mean it’s the first one on the west coast since all the other states are CARB states? View attachment 40497
Congratulations!!!!
On another note, I cannot believe that no one in the Pacific Northwest has received a single Emira, while our Canadian neighbors have already taken delivery...

Lets face it, NOBODY INCLUDING LOTUS knows what the heck they are going to do. They haven't met one single production goal or proposed timetable since announcing. Lotus doesn't even try to communicate to its customers...Never mind its dealers. Examples include, the CARB debacle that was laughable, and the "secret" snip-its of information regarding future models or when production will shift to "all electric" is worth about as much as LOT stock after the IPO. (which is a kind way of saying not much) Heck, they can't even deliver the 2.0 or Auto in North America. As a reminder of their incompetence, Lotus STILL does not have CARB approval for those models.

The one thing we know for sure is that Lotus has no real plan and is just paving the sidewalk as they go. Anyone who thinks this ship has a rudder hasn't read the Lotus strategic plan document. It contains some WILDLY optimistic (unrealistic) projected sales and revenue numbers that have zero chance of being achieved. Point to this mild rant is that speculating what Lotus might or might not do is pointless. If you expect them to overpromise, under-deliver and not communicate throughout the entire process, then you'll be completely satisfied.
I received my info from the Lotus "gift" email which specifically said my Emira will be a MY '25. HOWEVER I've now been told by my dealer that Lotus HQ has reached out to him to confirm their first NA auto configs (of which my dealer has 6) for build slots occurring in "early July". According to him, Lotus has moved up the production of the autos so therefore they will no longer be "25 but '24's despite what the Lotus email said back in January.

LMAO.... You cant make this shit up.....

Furthermore the dealer states that this early July build for the autos will equate to a Sept/October delivery.

Last edited:
I received an email this morning from my salesman at Eurocar (Lotus of OC) with my VIN for the Emira letting me know the car is on the water. I'm guesstimating 7-10 days to cross the pond, with a week at the PDI center back east before being trucked to the dealer here in California. They are estimating late April/early May. 😃 Just thought I would share for other west coast depositors. My initial deposit was 7/15/2022 with a build spec submitted 9/29/2023 for a V6 manual 2.0 car. I missed the first two allocations at Eurocar but was offered a 2.0 build slot a couple of months later. I believe I was in the high thirties on their wait list (no way to know for sure). I asked this morning when their first cars would be hitting and when they expected their two demo cars (which I understood to have been ordered as part of their initial allocation) and he said the first cars should be here in a couple of weeks and that their demo cars where still a couple of months out. He suggested I would have my car before they received their demos.

I asked about factory PPF offerings and whether they had an in-house or local shop that offered PPF/Ceramic and he said they had an outside shop they have worked with for years and they were "masters of their craft." He said he stood by their work without reservation. Front clip (bumpers/fenders/hood/mirrors) he estimated at $4k with a full PPF between $9-11k. Given the Ferrari, Lambo, Bently, Rolls, Porsche (GT2/3/4 etc) inventory they have, I would guess they are able to deliver to a pretty high maintenance customer (I'm not one of those!). These were just estimates and of course everything is pretty expensive here in SoCal but maybe given the volume of Emira's they expect to deliver we can get a group buy rate that's more reasonable. I absolutely don't mind paying for first rate work but I figure once they have done 2-3 full wraps they will be a well oiled machine which will lower their labor cost and allow them to offer a bit better deal.
For the record: "On the water" is Lotus speak for "we have no idea where your car is".

#ForTheScribers. A great place to record VIN numbers.
Haha, yea, I dumped on the hat quite a bit on this thread, but I actually kind of like it. It fits my bulbous head well. I feel like it's a highly exclusive item because no one in their right mind would pay real money for this thing.

Does this include window tint and wheels?

Not trying to devalue your work, you charge what you charge, I’m just researching quite a bit before spending all that money.
@iVTECdailyy
This includes ceramic coating including wheels but not tint for that price.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back