• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Keep the Faith. I didn't get an email or anything, it just showed up.
Yeah, mine just showed up 2 weeks ago as well... Now my car is about to dock in Newark, 20 minutes away from my dealer, only to get trucked 200 miles away and and then brough back who knows when!! Only this brand/this car... of all the ports to be knocked out of commission, of course it's the one chosen to be the Emira hub for North America cars. :ROFLMAO:

Did anyone have a car already in the Baltimore port before the bridge collapse that has subsequently had the car delivered afterwords? I guess I am asking about how much disruption there is to getting cars (that were already unloaded and sitting in the port) out of the port after the collapse. Mine is currently there.

Did anyone have a car already in the Baltimore port before the bridge collapse that has subsequently had the car delivered afterwords? I guess I am asking about how much disruption there is to getting cars (that were already unloaded and sitting in the port) out of the port after the collapse. Mine is currently there.
Disruption to port inspection process? Should be none. The cars leave the port by truck, and there's no impediment to land travel.

Disruption to port inspection process? Should be none. The cars leave the port by truck, and there's no impediment to land travel.
This was my understanding too. I will just keep waiting then.

Well I suppose Lotus' decision to move the 3/29 cars from NY to Baltimore got them out of NJ before the earthquake.

(trying so hard to see the upside in every bizarre logistics decision)

Just got an email survey from Lotus. My response

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 11.39.32 AM.jpg

Well I suppose Lotus' decision to move the 3/29 cars from NY to Baltimore got them out of NJ before the earthquake.

(trying so hard to see the upside in every bizarre logistics decision)
I’m on the 48th floor in Manhattan. Pretty bizarre feeling when everything around you is shaking and the building is making noises.

View attachment 40577
"Well I'm trying to buy it right now. But I'm guessing you'll just build it whenever you feel like it, fail to tell anyone about it when you do, and it will mysteriously appear at my dealer sometime between 1 and 3 years from now."

View attachment 40577
I received the same email. Also selected “i don’t know”, sooner better than later but my dealer said I’m in the queue for an allocation but the amount of allocations they get monthly varies greatly so anyone’s guess at this point. Silver lining, interest rates likely to be lower later on.

So the survey doesn't ask when do you expect to get a new "Emira", or even "Lotus". It simply asks when do you expect to get a new car? I put 1-3 months because if Lotus can't deliver my Emira in that timeframe I'll buy something else. Putting them on notice, so to speak. Even though I really doubt they will actually be able to connect those dots. I'll probably now get a ton of marketing emails trying to get me to buy an Eletre. 🤣

As a side note, when I went back to the website to correct my spelling of "Eletre" I noticed the "slogan" for the Emeya is "Everyone drives, not everyone is a driver". So Emira is "For the drivers". I guess Emeya (and by default Eletre) is "For the non-drivers"? :)

Last edited:
Well, I mean I _expected_ to get my new car in Spring 2022. Was that one of the options?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back