• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Does anyone know how the front license plate bracket attaches?
Even though illegal in NY, I don't plan on running one and hoping they don't have to drill holes to fasten it.

Even though illegal in NY, I don't plan on running one and hoping they don't have to drill holes to fasten it.
it's ugly, drilling the bumper. but I believe @GRP is working on a non-destructive alternative bracket.

Reactions: GRP
Gregs Racing Parts

1712359087768.png

Have to drill it in, but would be super easy for one that mounts to a bolt under the front. I wont be adding one that needs 2 be drilled.

I got the email survey too. On the interests section, I was hoping for more options, like:

• Broken promises / dreams
• Being manipulated
• Things that say “Soon”
• Poor communication
• Questionable quality control

Just some ideas for a future survey, Lotus.

it's ugly, drilling the bumper. but I believe @GRP is working on a non-destructive alternative bracket.
They will be ready to ship on Tuesday! -- currently at powder coating.
I'll post some pics asap once we have them back.
We tested with a 3d printed unit, its as sleek/lightweight as possible, installs in a couple minutes and no drilling needed.

Want to ask here as it is a more active thread but may not get straight answer but figured since people actually have cars now (congrats!).

Anyone with S1/S2 Evora go Emira and notice if they fixed the fuel cut/throttle response issued tied with the clutch position sensor?

On my S1 at least could unplug the sensor and live without cruise control but basicslly a deal breaker on the GT. Might be something I have to find once I drive Emira.

I sat in an Emira over a year back but the styling and modernization may make me consider swapping my 997.2 S out but there was too much overlap with my Evora and the 911 was just a nicer place to be most of the time so I ended up selling Evora reluctantly (and I have Exige still so plenty of lotus fix).

Hopefully build timelines and delivery gets better over the next year, patiently waiting to see where they take the model over the next few years...

They will be ready to ship on Tuesday! -- currently at powder coating.
I'll post some pics asap once we have them back.
We tested with a 3d printed unit, its as sleek/lightweight as possible, installs in a couple minutes and no drilling needed.
Does yours attach to the bottom of the nose? Or sandwich between the black lower lip and the body-colored bumper?

Does yours attach to the bottom of the nose? Or sandwich between the black lower lip and the body-colored bumper?
It attaches on the bottom. Which should keep it versatile with aftermarket lips and splitters that way also.

Want to ask here as it is a more active thread but may not get straight answer but figured since people actually have cars now (congrats!).

Anyone with S1/S2 Evora go Emira and notice if they fixed the fuel cut/throttle response issued tied with the clutch position sensor?

On my S1 at least could unplug the sensor and live without cruise control but basicslly a deal breaker on the GT. Might be something I have to find once I drive Emira.

I sat in an Emira over a year back but the styling and modernization may make me consider swapping my 997.2 S out but there was too much overlap with my Evora and the 911 was just a nicer place to be most of the time so I ended up selling Evora reluctantly (and I have Exige still so plenty of lotus fix).

Hopefully build timelines and delivery gets better over the next year, patiently waiting to see where they take the model over the next few years...

Recently on one of the Evora Facebook pages there were people claiming they don't notice this issue in their Evoras... I don't know how they couldn't notice, it makes downshifting pretty bad. I asked in another thread here and the reply said they fixed it in the Emira.

Recently on one of the Evora Facebook pages there were people claiming they don't notice this issue in their Evoras... I don't know how they couldn't notice, it makes downshifting pretty bad. I asked in another thread here and the reply said they fixed it in the Emira.

That blows my mind that people couldn't notice, I have Evora friends that say the same thing and it probably stems from how I drive my cars but the fact that I could pull the clutch sensor and the car drives like 99% of every manual car I have driven at least shows it was a lotus issue.

Sounds promising though, I have not been fortunate to test drive one but I will be able to tell almost immediately at least when I do get to drive one.

Appreciate the link!

Any chance you have STEK as well? I will do ceramic coating on wheels/calipers. Not on the film. What would that cost? Oh yeah what's the name of your shop? Thx!
GM @drjazzsk
Yes we have STEK. The cost would be $5495 full car ppf with wheels/calipers ceramic coated but no not on the film. Our shop is called zero2sixty autolab.

Question: Is anyone able to roll up/down your windows with the key FOB as the manual says you can do? I can't. Often, companies turn this (and other) functions off for the U.S. market. Drives me a bit bonkers.

We need someone to come up with a "Bimmercode" type app that will allow us to code back some functions. I have to assume that many car manufacturers buy this software from a few different companies and don't develop the software coding.

Question: Is anyone able to roll up/down your windows with the key FOB as the manual says you can do? I can't. Often, companies turn this (and other) functions off for the U.S. market. Drives me a bit bonkers.

We need someone to come up with a "Bimmercode" type app that will allow us to code back some functions. I have to assume that many car manufacturers buy this software from a few different companies and don't develop the software coding.
I couldn't find that feature in the manual. What page?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back