• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

It’s crazy how there are tons of questions and optimism around VINs and delivery dates because cars are on the water etc and people are expecting their cars to go from water to dealer in 14 days yet my freaking car has been sitting at lotus USA since December apparently and STILL hasn’t been delivered to Gator. This is wild man.

We have zero clue given the circumstances of what happened in Baltimore.
My car landed on 6 May in Baltimore- i have no idea when I can pick up at dealer - silence.. Rumor is 5-6 weeks from landing. but i am not sure any cars were actually delivered by CARB state Dealers yet.

Nine Canadian cars were delivered to New York on 4/6 together with the 200 US cars. The image below links to the VIN tracking sheet, which contains the VINs for the Canadian cars now:

View attachment 40780
I wonder what all of this will do to resale value. They didn't sell this many Evora's on the first year.

Mine arrived in Baltimore 1/1/24
Dealer notified me they received it 3/25/25

Better timeline that fill in the blanks:

Arrived in Baltimore on 1/1/24
Your car stored somewhere not at the dealership awaiting CARB EO.
CARB EO Issued on 3/2/24
Lotus NA Clears Sale of Emira in US 3/4-3/8
Lotus NA sends your car to the dealership at some point here
Dealer notifies you they received your car 3/25/24

Realistically it probably took them about 2 weeks to get your car after your dealers requested the cars.

I wonder what all of this will do to resale value. They didn't sell this many Evora's on the first year.
It's hard to say. The Emira is a lot more popular than the Evora. It is broader appeal. The market timing also pulls a lot of heart strings in terms of last whatever. I think a well maintained Emira should hold it's value fairly well.

It's hard to say. The Emira is a lot more popular than the Evora. It is broader appeal. The market timing also pulls a lot of heart strings in terms of last whatever. I think a well maintained Emira should hold it's value fairly well.

It may also dip in the near term if Lotus can't quickly offload the FEs and keep up with factory builds. However, in the long term if most of the gremlins are figured out, I can't see this car not holding a special place in the hearts of old school car enthusiasts. Once you can't get it anymore and everything else is boring, it will be even more desirable.

It may also dip in the near term if Lotus can't quickly offload the FEs and keep up with factory builds. However, in the long term if most of the gremlins are figured out, I can't see this car not holding a special place in the hearts of old school car enthusiasts. Once you can't get it anymore and everything else is boring, it will be even more desirable.
Yea, especially that there is a rumor of the V6 not making it to the end of 2026.

Yea, especially that there is a rumor of the V6 not making it to the end of 2026.
I should add Porsche's will only get more expensive year after year. So anyone looking at $150k for a "normal" 911 in the future will take another look at the Emira.

Loving the car, it’s really worth the wait. Really amazing experience….

Went to the grocery store to buy eggs at 10:30. Parked far away under a light far from other cars.

When we returned there was a yellow Elise parked next to it, a pickup truck and a Honda. They were walking around the car and taking. It felt really strange walking up and unlocking the car. They asked a lot about questions but mostly could not believe they were seeing one. They talked about videos they had see and wanted confirmation of things they heard…

Lotus Emira expect the unexpected. It really is special… For the drivers!!

My car landed on 6 May in Baltimore- i have no idea when I can pick up at dealer - silence.. Rumor is 5-6 weeks from landing. but i am not sure any cars were actually delivered by CARB state Dealers yet.

I'm guessing that small batch of cars were being held in Baltimore waiting for the main shipment to show up so that they can process them all together. I would guess that those cars will show up at dealers along with the cars from the 296 car shipment. As for when that will be... no one knows except for Lotus.

Lotuses in general tend to hold their value pretty well, and its clear the V6 Emira isn't going to have as much of a production run as they anticipated just due to Lotus's uh... I don't want to say incompetence, but I can't think of another word, so I think long term it'll either stay high or rebound from a short term dip.

As for when that will be... no one knows except for Lotus.
Do they though?
Judging by our experiences to date, I'd guess Lotus "doesn't know shit about fuck"....nor do they care. I have no idea why I'm still thinking about buying this car.

Do they though?
Judging by our experiences to date, I'd guess Lotus "doesn't know shit about fuck"....nor do they care. I have no idea why I'm still thinking about buying this car.
They know. They are just not telling us. The Lotus USA guys handle the import processing of the cars that arrive in Baltimore. They then arrange for trucking to the dealers. So they know what's going on. They may even share some news with the dealers from time to time. But they are completely a black box to end customers. They probably figure that the dealers have to earn their keep by being responsible for customer communications.

Meanwhile, the dealers are like, "LOL, what?"

I've compiled all of the VINs I could find for the US Emira shipments. What's missing is that I could only find 99 of the 150 VINs for the first shipment dated 12/1/2023. So this list is incomplete. This list will be updated as new shipments arrive.

It's the 3/29 cars we have to keep an eye on (they're the first ones offloaded in Newark and sent to Baltimore by truck to process). If ANYONE is contacted by their dealer with any of the 200 something cars that landed on the 3/29 boat please share... that'll give us a reasonable expectation of timeline from port to dealer. Thanks in advance!!

Hey all - new to the forum and wanted to share an update on my Emira. My car is #11624 and was on the 3/29 boat; it was a cancelled order that I pulled the trigger on a few weeks ago. My dealer (Lotus Long Island) informed me today that they heard from Lotus USA that the cars have already been shipped back to Baltimore and are expected to leave there for dealers within the next 2 weeks, so figure at dealers before the end of the month. Will let you know if I hear anything else.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back