• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Hey all - new to the forum and wanted to share an update on my Emira. My car is #11624 and was on the 3/29 boat; it was a cancelled order that I pulled the trigger on a few weeks ago. My dealer (Lotus Long Island) informed me today that they heard from Lotus USA that the cars have already been shipped back to Baltimore and are expected to leave there for dealers within the next 2 weeks, so figure at dealers before the end of the month. Will let you know if I hear anything else.

Thanks for the update, first we’ve heard of a timeline. Sucks that they won’t even be leaving for another 2 weeks but guess it’s better than not knowing anything.

It’s crazy how there are tons of questions and optimism around VINs and delivery dates because cars are on the water etc and people are expecting their cars to go from water to dealer in 14 days yet my freaking car has been sitting at lotus USA since December apparently and STILL hasn’t been delivered to Gator. This is wild man.
Maybe our cars are sitting next to each other out there… somewhere… no one knows where. I’m in the same boat as you. If mine doesn’t come in this or next week, I’m out of the country for 2 weeks, and on call the following weekend after I get back. So if they don’t pull off the next 2 weeks I won’t get mine until mid May. But, gator might not have it until after that due to their own circumstances at this rate. I’m usually too busy to be frustrated by waiting but this is getting ridiculous.

I am really hoping it's faster than 2 weeks.

Maybe our cars are sitting next to each other out there… somewhere… no one knows where. I’m in the same boat as you. If mine doesn’t come in this or next week, I’m out of the country for 2 weeks, and on call the following weekend after I get back. So if they don’t pull off the next 2 weeks I won’t get mine until mid May. But, gator might not have it until after that due to their own circumstances at this rate. I’m usually too busy to be frustrated by waiting but this is getting ridiculous.
Isn’t it though? And listen man if we had some communication from Gator around a status or timeline (good or bad) it would be different but we re just left in the dark.

Nine Canadian cars were delivered to New York on 4/6 together with the 200 US cars. The image below links to the VIN tracking sheet, which contains the VINs for the Canadian cars now:

View attachment 40780
Thanks for this!
they literally shipped 1 car # before mine, and 2 cars #s after mine but skipped me!.
Sigh...hurts my brain.

It’s crazy how there are tons of questions and optimism around VINs and delivery dates because cars are on the water etc and people are expecting their cars to go from water to dealer in 14 days yet my freaking car has been sitting at lotus USA since December apparently and STILL hasn’t been delivered to Gator. This is wild man.

Same situation here. Mine arrived in Baltimore 12/29/23. And like @Idalee07 wrote, I'm sure we all have travel and work that keeps us busy. I suspect a lot of Gator's orders are from people outside the area, so picking up the car takes a bit of planning to fly there to complete the purchase and (at least in my case) drive it back.

For the lucky ones who have taken delivery from Gator, how much advance notice did you get?

thx for the info. Do you do install at Eurocar OC or do we arrange to have it sent there from dealership? Prefer to avoid driving it around before film is placed.
You can arrange a tow or we can meet at dealer to apply temporary protective film for the drive over to the shop.

Loving the car, it’s really worth the wait. Really amazing experience….

Went to the grocery store to buy eggs at 10:30. Parked far away under a light far from other cars.

When we returned there was a yellow Elise parked next to it, a pickup truck and a Honda. They were walking around the car and taking. It felt really strange walking up and unlocking the car. They asked a lot about questions but mostly could not believe they were seeing one. They talked about videos they had see and wanted confirmation of things they heard…

Lotus Emira expect the unexpected. It really is special… For the drivers!!
I was at Laguna Seca this weekend and there was a yellow Elise there as well. It wasn't on track but got me a little excited again

...My dealer (Lotus Long Island) informed me today that they heard from Lotus USA that the cars have already been shipped back to Baltimore and are expected to leave there for dealers within the next 2 weeks,
Heck of a useful first-post, welcome to the forum and congrats on getting the slot!

Same situation here. Mine arrived in Baltimore 12/29/23. And like @Idalee07 wrote, I'm sure we all have travel and work that keeps us busy. I suspect a lot of Gator's orders are from people outside the area, so picking up the car takes a bit of planning to fly there to complete the purchase and (at least in my case) drive it back.

For the lucky ones who have taken delivery from Gator, how much advance notice did you get?
I’d love to hear about the lead time for those at gator too.

Hey @Idalee07 ! I work Pre-Owned Sales at Gator. I was doing my daily forum perusing and saw this and a couple below it as well. I'll PM you guys and try to get some info and clarity for you.

Anyone got an update on the 3/30 vehicles that landed in Delaware?
No one will know until it shows up at a dealer. Your dealer may know in advance. But that's about it.

*BREAKING NEWS*

Cars are arriving at CARB state dealers... my NJ dealer just got some, but mine is not among this first shipment. Please don't inundate the dealers with calls/emails. They'll reach out to you if your car is there.

giphy.gif

*BREAKING NEWS*

Cars are arriving at CARB state dealers... my NJ dealer just got some, but mine is not among this first shipment. Please don't inundate the dealers with calls/emails. They'll reach out to you if your car is there.
Wow. Do you know what was the ship carried the first batch of CARB states cars? Is it the ship docked on March 26th?

Wow. Do you know what was the ship carried the first batch of CARB states cars? Is it the ship docked on March 26th?

Yea, must be. There has not been enough time for the 4/6 cars to show up.

*BREAKING NEWS*

I second that, please do not bombard them with calls. Mine is in the showroom today at Lotus NJ (was on the 3/29 boat) and I'm going to have them do a ppf. They are setting up with someone from NYC that will do the ppf at Lotus NJ, so the cars don't need to travel.

All I know about the ppf is that 'his guy' is using STEK (es-tek) film with a 10-year warranty. That means it's the dynoshield product, which has great reviews online and is naturally way more hydrophic than XPEL based on the tests I've seen. He will do a bulk install (non-precut, which is what I want). Cost for entire body (no glass) is looking like $5500, which is low enough for me to just say YES. (I was terrified at the 8-9k quotes that others were getting). So the next update I get will likely be when the ppf installer confirms his schedule for a projected completion date.

Sun is shining in NY - very, very excited!

I second that, please do not bombard them with calls. Mine is in the showroom today at Lotus NJ (was on the 3/29 boat) and I'm going to have them do a ppf. They are setting up with someone from NYC that will do the ppf at Lotus NJ, so the cars don't need to travel.

All I know about the ppf is that 'his guy' is using STEK (es-tek) film with a 10-year warranty. That means it's the dynoshield product, which has great reviews online and is naturally way more hydrophic than XPEL based on the tests I've seen. He will do a bulk install (non-precut, which is what I want). Cost for entire body (no glass) is looking like $5500, which is low enough for me to just say YES. (I was terrified at the 8-9k quotes that others were getting). So the next update I get will likely be when the ppf installer confirms his schedule for a projected completion date.

Looking forward to the photos!

My car is going to Lotus NJ and I was thinking of having them do the ppf but was leaning towards no PPF. Can you let me know how it turns out so I can use you as my guinea pig?