• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

bling.png

I just stopped by Summit, NJ dealership. They have 3 Emiras ready for the customer pickup. The cars are coming.
Yea, they called me to tell me that my car is leaving Baltimore tomorrow on their way to the dealership. So it's a constant stream of cars now. Other further away dealers should be getting cars soon too.

Ring... Ring..

I finally got the call this afternoon. My car is on a truck headed toward my dealer (Lotus of Bellevue, WA - a CARB state).

My car arrived on the 3/29 ship into New Jersey and is now on a truck. It should arrive at the dealer in 6 days and be ready for me to take delivery next Saturday, 4/20.

My dealer was surprised that I had somehow jumped the line as I was not the first to make my deposit (7/21), with many ahead of me. It just seems so unreal after all this time.
Great news and now we have some sense of timing at Bellevue. Same boat. Same dealer. No news. Hope the rest of us can expect at least 10 days notice which would be helpful. Congrats!

It's "interesting" that one of the very first cars delivered in Philly is a V2.0 🤔
When I talked to my dealer he mentioned that too. Looks like the first batches of FE1.0 cars were shipped and stored while the CARB cert was happening, in the meantime, the FE2.0 cars were produced and sent overseas, and now these cars are last in first out.

It's "interesting" that one of the very first cars delivered in Philly is a V2.0 🤔
It is indeed. I tried all I could to back out of my i4 once I heard about the push to 2025 and Park Place in Bellevue, WA said not a chance. Lotus said no problem, but Park Place said the contract was with them and just because the car has been delayed 10 months isn't grounds for me to receive my deposit back. (Which really means they already spent it and don't have it).

So...that means that I will continue to wait for my i4 until sometime in 2025. But your comment about the 2.0 is promising...does that mean that they are starting to hit the shores here? The delay is quite odd because I was in China in October and they had four i4s sitting on the showroom floor in left-hand drive, so not sure why they are pushed out so far for the US. Maybe Geely is forcing Lotus to meet all backorders for China first? Either way, it would be nice to get some kind of update from Lotus.

IMG_0078.JPGIMG_0109.JPGIMG_0111.JPG

It is indeed. I tried all I could to back out of my i4 once I heard about the push to 2025 and Park Place in Bellevue, WA said not a chance. Lotus said no problem, but Park Place said the contract was with them and just because the car has been delayed 10 months isn't grounds for me to receive my deposit back. (Which really means they already spent it and don't have it).

So...that means that I will continue to wait for my i4 until sometime in 2025. But your comment about the 2.0 is promising...does that mean that they are starting to hit the shores here? The delay is quite odd because I was in China in October and they had four i4s sitting on the showroom floor in left-hand drive, so not sure why they are pushed out so far for the US. Maybe Geely is forcing Lotus to meet all backorders for China first? Either way, it would be nice to get some kind of update from Lotus.

View attachment 40919View attachment 40920View attachment 40921
The China spec i4 is slightly more powerful than the N/A version so maybe some software and other items to resolve before sending for emissions testing.

I’m getting crickets about V6 auto from Lotus.

He's referring to Emira First Edition V6 cars in the second allocation batch, commonly referred to here as "FE2.0". Has nothing to do with the AMG powered I4 cars.

Also, don't hold your breath waiting for Lotus to communicate appropriately with you, or even with your dealer. It's not going to happen.

I have news! I just received an email from Lotus of Pittsburgh. They received their first two Emiras yesterday. They were on the 3/29 vessel. Unfortunately, mine was not one of them. I’ll let you know if I hear anything else. Good things are happening!

”When will then be now? Soon! How soon?”