• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

anyone get PPF at Earth Motors yet?

hows it look?

they said they outsource it to xpel professionals but i suppose they all probably say that

If so, I don't think you need to worry. I called Summit while they had their ppf installer on the other phone line and he confirmed in real time that he will bulk-install the Stek dynoshield (not pre-cut). I'm expecting good quality.

It's a valid concern. My car arrived in port on 12/29/23, with no update on delivery date, so we know it's been sitting at least 3 months now... somewhere.

I wouldn't let any car in my posession sit for 3 months without use of a battery tender and driving it every few weeks to avoid flat spots on the tires.

I wonder the best way to approach this. Put a battery tester on the battery before taking delivery?
Rockville, MD dealer? Mine arrived in Baltimore on 6 March 2024 - no idea when I will take delivery.

If so, I don't think you need to worry. I called Summit while they had their ppf installer on the other phone line and he confirmed in real time that he will bulk-install the Stek dynoshield (not pre-cut). I'm expecting good quality.
If you get this done we need pics im a summit order

I have news! I just received an email from Lotus of Pittsburgh. They received their first two Emiras yesterday. They were on the 3/29 vessel. Unfortunately, mine was not one of them. I’ll let you know if I hear anything else. Good things are happening!

”When will then be now? Soon! How soon?”
Do you know what number you were in the order process? I was #9 at Lotus of Pittsburgh and know my car was on the 3/29 boat but have not heard from Scott.

Do you know what number you were in the order process? I was #9 at Lotus of Pittsburgh and know my car was on the 3/29 boat but have not heard from Scott.
I was #8 at Pittsburgh and know my car was on the 3/29 boat too. I also have not heard anything.

Question for those who have experience with PPF:

My car is one of those stuck waiting for a dingy, in the meantime my dealer has begun delivering cars and brought in someone they’ve worked with a long time who’s an early days PPF installer with 30 years experience. I’d like to work with my dealership but wanted to check out the work their installer is doing first, so I went in today to see the first cars the installer has been working on and finishing. I was very surprised to see gaps of I’d say 2-3mm along all the edges, looked a bit to me like a pre-cut DIY job that looked a bit like a budget option IMO.

Cost for full car would convert from CAD to around 7K USD (Toronto is expensive like New York). They’re also not doing the black rear wheel vents that I feel like I’d seen done in other PPF YouTube videos which is an area that should get a lot of rocks. Another thing is they offer 3M and Xpel for the same price, I asked and he said they are both 8MM thickness. He thinks anything more is no good for a sports car and he thinks 3M is much better than Xpel - who am I to question someone with 30 years experience but I’ve probably looked at a dozen online comparisons and can’t fine one that doesn’t say Xpel is better. Granted, I’ve probably never looked at ppls cars that have had PPF that up close until now, but I don’t want visible edges everywhere with exposed gaps if that’s not how a top end place does it. Am I right to be weary or is this normal and better off using someone my dealer has worked with for a long time who’ve been around?
Go to talk to Mike at All In Detailing in GTA - he does all the high end cars, full PPF wrap is about $9K but he literally takes the car apart to have zero seams. It takes a while. Splashbrothers in vaughn is another reputable place.

I got an email from my dealer (Lotus of Boston) that my car (the 3/29 shipment) will be at the dealer “any day/minute” and the finance guy is supposed to call me to work out payment details. Hoping to hear from him tomorrow. Won’t believe it until I see it with my own eyes!
i was driving on Boston 495 yesterday morning heading home to VA. I saw a car carrier going the other way loaded with Emiras, I think. All the cars were the same shape and they all were wearing white suits. Hope yours was on that truck.

Can @VL3X clean this thread up? It has more PPF posts than the PPF thread. Keep it about deliveries folks!

Personally, I think PPF talk in this thread is fairly relevant if the cars are being paint corrected, ceramic coated, or PPFd by the dealer as part of the delivery to the customer.

I was #1 at Lotus of Pittsburgh, but that really made no difference after the CARB fiasco. I wrote to Scott about something entirely different and he briefly mentioned that the first two had arrived. At this point the queue is in complete disarray. They arrive when they arrive. The good news is that it didn’t take long to get from the ship to the dealer.

Can @VL3X clean this thread up? It has more PPF posts than the PPF thread. Keep it about deliveries folks!
Yep. This ☝️
I click on this thread often to see if there are any delivery updates and half the time it's PPF talk.
There is an entirely different thread dedicated to this topic.

I noticed, but been out of town for a conference all week. I'll try to clean it up a bit when I'm back home. For now, please continue the [non-dealer specific] PPF discussion in our dedicated PPF thread. Thanks!

I noticed, but been out of town for a conference all week. I'll try to clean it up a bit when I'm back home. For now, please continue the [non-dealer specific] PPF discussion in our dedicated PPF thread. Thanks!
Thanks. I’m hoping to hear news about V6 autos. Lotus talk has one member who confirmed he has an automatic being built currently