• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Anyone have any updates on the cars that were delivered to the NY port on 3/29? I know that the discussion was that they are going to BMore afterwards and then to the dealer from there. Any new news?

Anyone have any updates on the cars that were delivered to the NY port on 3/29? I know that the discussion was that they are going to BMore afterwards and then to the dealer from there. Any new news?
I recommend reading the posts above yours on this page.

My car is going to Lotus NJ and I was thinking of having them do the ppf but was leaning towards no PPF. Can you let me know how it turns out so I can use you as my guinea pig?
I'll definitely let you all know!

Am I the only one that would be nervous about getting one that has been sitting for a year waiting for CARB approval?
Mine is a 1.0FE and from what I can tell it was built about 6 months ago.

You tell me - if there were Emiras sitting on the lot and the dealer said "we'll I can sell you a new 3-week old car for $105k or a new 6 month old car for $94k", how would you spend your money?

I find the correlation between VIN, build dates, and now delivery dates interesting. While I’m very new to this and I don’t know when my car was built, given my vin sequence, it’s a thousand cars after the initial cars shipped to the states in December, yet it is a 1.0 FE (at that price) and is looking like it will be among the first delivered as it was on that 3/29 ship. I’d like to think it benefitted from any tweaks / enhancements / software changes from the earlier cars…. And I’d love to find out when my car was actually built…

My dealer today confirmed that cars are being delivered but aren’t exactly sure when theirs will be - clearly earlier than their initial guess of 1-2 weeks that they gave me yesterday. We’ll see!

I think I should have mine in hand before the end of the month ppf’d and in the garage, based on feedback.

I'll definitely let you all know!

Mine is a 1.0FE and from what I can tell it was built about 6 months ago.

You tell me - if there were Emiras sitting on the lot and the dealer said "we'll I can sell you a new 3-week old car for $105k or a new 6 month old car for $94k", how would you spend your money?
How do you figure? Do you have a very low series number in the few hundreds? I believe production started in late October or early November. The few non-carb cars I have seen have been made in November. I guess the carb cars were mostly produced in December-January.

Ring... Ring..

I finally got the call this afternoon. My car is on a truck headed toward my dealer (Lotus of Bellevue, WA - a CARB state).

My car arrived on the 3/29 ship into New Jersey and is now on a truck. It should arrive at the dealer in 6 days and be ready for me to take delivery next Saturday, 4/20.

My dealer was surprised that I had somehow jumped the line as I was not the first to make my deposit (7/21), with many ahead of me. It just seems so unreal after all this time.

I second that, please do not bombard them with calls. Mine is in the showroom today at Lotus NJ (was on the 3/29 boat) and I'm going to have them do a ppf. They are setting up with someone from NYC that will do the ppf at Lotus NJ, so the cars don't need to travel.

All I know about the ppf is that 'his guy' is using STEK (es-tek) film with a 10-year warranty. That means it's the dynoshield product, which has great reviews online and is naturally way more hydrophic than XPEL based on the tests I've seen. He will do a bulk install (non-precut, which is what I want). Cost for entire body (no glass) is looking like $5500, which is low enough for me to just say YES. (I was terrified at the 8-9k quotes that others were getting). So the next update I get will likely be when the ppf installer confirms his schedule for a projected completion date.

Sun is shining in NY - very, very excited!
Ive had both XPEL and STEK and STEK is so much better in my opinion. When mine comes in I'm using it again. But in the end, no matter what film is used, if the installer isn't good it wont matter. That's more important than the film. Let us know how it turns out! Congrats!

Ring... Ring..

I finally got the call this afternoon. My car is on a truck headed toward my dealer (Lotus of Bellevue, WA - a CARB state).

My car arrived on the 3/29 ship into New Jersey and is now on a truck. It should arrive at the dealer in 6 days and be ready for me to take delivery next Saturday, 4/20.

My dealer was surprised that I had somehow jumped the line as I was not the first to make my deposit (7/21), with many ahead of me. It just seems so unreal after all this time.
Happy to see someone getting that call. I'm an FE 1.0 depositor that was in 10 days before you at Bellevue... but there is no order to how the cars are coming in seems like... though its encouraging to see that timeline... My car was on the 4/6 boat... so MAYBE I get a call saying its coming before end of April?!?!?!

How do you figure? Do you have a very low series number in the few hundreds? I believe production started in late October or early November. The few non-carb cars I have seen have been made in November. I guess the carb cars were mostly produced in December-January.
I was being conservative based on the topic, but at Vin 114xx you are probably right about Nov/Dec.

Let's hope there were cats around.
We KNOW there were cats around... 😄

1000010599.png

1000010600.jpg

Ring... Ring..

Congrats! I have received ZERO response from Park Place, they have been the absolute worst dealer I've worked with in my life so I'm glad to hear they are at least helping you. Would love to hear how this progresses, I am in Vancouver quite often as my best friend lives just north of downtown. I kept my order as the i4 so I don't think I'll see anything for at least 9 months...:(

Perhaps I'm odd but the only time I've communicated with the dealership since placing my reservation is when they reached out to me to schedule the test drive, to place the order, and most recently a few weeks ago to let me know I received a VIN and the car was on a ship coming stateside. All the info I needed I received from this thread and I just assumed the collective knowledge of this thread would be more than my dealer. I suppose I owe guys like Nova and the guys at Gator a beer since they did the job of Lotus' reps in getting us the real info.

Am I the only one that would be nervous about getting one that has been sitting for a year waiting for CARB approval?

It's a valid concern. My car arrived in port on 12/29/23, with no update on delivery date, so we know it's been sitting at least 3 months now... somewhere.

I wouldn't let any car in my posession sit for 3 months without use of a battery tender and driving it every few weeks to avoid flat spots on the tires.

I wonder the best way to approach this. Put a battery tester on the battery before taking delivery?

It's a valid concern. My car arrived in port on 12/29/23, with no update on delivery date, so we know it's been sitting at least 3 months now... somewhere.

I wouldn't let any car in my posession sit for 3 months without use of a battery tender and driving it every few weeks to avoid flat spots on the tires.

I wonder the best way to approach this. Put a battery tester on the battery before taking delivery?
To ease the concern on the battery issue; all batteries on our cars are tested as part of the PDI, and the cars are kept on a trickle charger after service is done with them. :)