• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

1000016450.jpg
1000016451.jpg

Just noticed this bit of water pooling out by the front tire when I parked after a drive. (Anything to be concerned about?) About 200 miles on the car

I was disappointed to see it but am hearing other Emira owners who have had the same. Curious to know what ither cars you have PPFd and if any had a side vent like this?

I’m not a ppf installer, but I’ve never seen giant gap like that on any car ever.

This is another emira wrapped

One-of-One in San Diego (They wrapped my F-Type in 2015 and it still looks great). High end shop - always Ferraris and Mclarens etc. Took all letters and emblems off. Most everything is wrapped under whereever they can. They said trickiest part was the bottom front splitter. They do a hybrid approach of template and custom. The side airvents were tricky. I just noticed there's this little cutout triangle they had to leave bare which i was disappointed to find cuz I really want the COVERED - like sunscreen on a baby. Also noticed the mirrors are like only half or 3/4 covered so Im going back to them on that. Not sure if I'll get an answer on the triangle. Very curious if other 'Full-wrappers' will end up w the same or if their installers found a better way to skin the cat. These guys are using Xpel 10 which is a little thicker and harder to install. They also wrapped lots of black parts. Lower BP and front and back. Also arouns engine window and even the black inside the side air vents. Mostly very happy but wont be if other installers found a way to avoid ' the triangle ' (You have to look closely to see it)View attachment 43671
Look up the individual pieces for the Emira on the Xpel website. You will see that cutout and several other areas that have relief cutouts. I did not notice those when I was doing research. My installer said the film would lift if those cutouts were not there. Evidently Xpel wants to prevent that. Maybe other films can stretch/stick better. I had every possible area covered with the film, a first for me. Interior pieces, both display areas. All the exterior black vents were PPF'd. He said they were very hard to do, as well as the black trim on the hatch, and the front lower bumper area.

Look up the individual pieces for the Emira on the Xpel website. You will see that cutout and several other areas that have relief cutouts. I did not notice those when I was doing research. My installer said the film would lift if those cutouts were not there. Evidently Xpel wants to prevent that. Maybe other films can stretch/stick better. I had every possible area covered with the film, a first for me. Interior pieces, both display areas. All the exterior black vents were PPF'd. He said they were very hard to do, as well as the black trim on the hatch, and the front lower bumper area.
You'd think they might at least custom cut a piece to fill that triangle.

Dealers I think around .00435 (10.4%) yeah horrible. BUT it's definitely negotiable. There's a base MF but don't know what it is. I think maybe close to 8%. So can try to negotiate to that APR.
So it hasn’t changed at all, good to know. If it can get down closer to 6% it makes more sense to lease than buy for me. I figured I’d ask here first before bugging my dealer, appreciate the info.

I’m not a ppf installer, but I’ve never seen giant gap like that on any car ever.

I stopped by the Lambo/Mclaren dealership today and they said they see PPF relief cuts like this all the time

I stopped by the Lambo/Mclaren dealership today and they said they see PPF relief cuts like this all the time

I just saw this was a pre cut film. The relief cuts I’ve seen are usually just single line seams, not chunks.

Since this is pre cut film there’s nothing they can do other than if they re did it with non pre cut film.

Congratulations!

I also ordered from Galpin. Hope mine will arrive in the next week or 2. If you can, can you ask them how many cars have they delivered so far.
Picked up mine today. Some hickups but getting through it. The sales guy said they delivered about 40sh of Emiras. The finance guy said about 15.
Now the full story... Drove from San Diego to Galpin. The sales guy was awesome. Took us to lunch, gave us some goodies. Unfortunately no Galpin jackets. Supposedly only FE1 got them. The Lotus "system" was down so they were unable to perform some kind of software update and so no PDI was performed. We waited about 4 hours in hopes the system goes backup for the software update but it did not. Something about a software update related to CARB. They mentioned if an engine light comes on, ignore it. They test drove it and the car was safe to drive. Told me to connect with them on Monday so they can refer me to San Diego Lotus to perform PDI.
Had the best 2.5 hour drive back home. I was happy as a little kid. The car is beautiful and the drive is exhilarating. My 2014 911 (base) feels vanilla compared to this car.
Oh and I bought extended warranty, 8 years, 80K miles. No adm. Refused digital license plate and anti theft thingy... Life is good.

Picked up Winston this afternoon. Osmium is stunning in natural light. Zach at Eurocar made the delivery super easy with all documentation completed via docusign the day before with the exception of four docs that required wet signatures. Literally 5 minutes to complete. A friend and current Elise owner joined me and was really impressed by the car. I’m super happy with the color combo. Definite blue tint to the silver (compare to the white of the building or the white BMW in the background). Eurocar (Lotus of OC) received another batch of six this morning bringing their total to 18 plus an Eletra demo car.
_D9A9066.jpeg

_D9A9070.jpeg

Picked up Winston this afternoon. Osmium is stunning in natural light. Zach at Eurocar made the delivery super easy with all documentation completed via docusign the day before with the exception of four docs that required wet signatures. Literally 5 minutes to complete. A friend and current Elise owner joined me and was really impressed by the car. I’m super happy with the color combo. Definite blue tint to the silver (compare to the white of the building or the white BMW in the background). Eurocar (Lotus of OC) received another batch of six this morning bringing their total to 18 plus an Eletra demo car.
View attachment 43738
View attachment 43739
Congratulations! That’s a stunning spec.

Picked up mine today. Some hickups but getting through it. The sales guy said they delivered about 40sh of Emiras. The finance guy said about 15.
Now the full story... Drove from San Diego to Galpin. The sales guy was awesome. Took us to lunch, gave us some goodies. Unfortunately no Galpin jackets. Supposedly only FE1 got them. The Lotus "system" was down so they were unable to perform some kind of software update and so no PDI was performed. We waited about 4 hours in hopes the system goes backup for the software update but it did not. Something about a software update related to CARB. They mentioned if an engine light comes on, ignore it. They test drove it and the car was safe to drive. Told me to connect with them on Monday so they can refer me to San Diego Lotus to perform PDI.
Had the best 2.5 hour drive back home. I was happy as a little kid. The car is beautiful and the drive is exhilarating. My 2014 911 (base) feels vanilla compared to this car.
Oh and I bought extended warranty, 8 years, 80K miles. No adm. Refused digital license plate and anti theft thingy... Life is good.
How much for the warranty? And can you use it at any lotus shop? Not just Galpin?

View attachment 43738
View attachment 43739
I saw your car before you picked it up. Osmium silver show the lines really well. Beautiful car!

I'm trying to square having the good taste in buying an Emira, and yet buying a rolling dumpster.
Confused by your comment. Is the "rolling dumpster" a reference to the Cyber Truck? They were just reviewing that.

:cool: What's everyone been doing for window tint and are you happy with the results?

I haven't owned a car with window tint since I was a teenager, but that's mostly because I haven't bought a new car since 1992. However, I need to make my window tint selection this weekend and I find it really helpful to hear what others have done. Mine is a Hethel Yellow Emira, No Upper BlackPack (only lower). I live in HOT Raleigh, NC, but I won't need to park it in the sun very often. I don't wear sunglasses and actually prefer adequate light more and more as my eyes age (the rest of me isn't aging, I swear!). These are the options the dealer is offering.

Window Tinting
Please specify which percentage of tinting you'd like applied.
  • Both front door windows and both small rear quarter windows - $200
  • Both small rear quarter windows and the rear window between the cabin and engine bay - $200
  • Both front door windows, both rear quarter windows, and the rear window between the cabin and engine bay - $300
6V4A3615.jpg

Yes. It was a reference to the apotheosis of modern automotive design..

View attachment 43742
Then I think you'll appreciate this... When the buzz around the Cybertruck first started, I had not seen any images of what it was supposed to look like. While casually perusing YT, I came across this video. I thought "WTF!" and "this must be a joke." Then I saw actual images of the Cybertruck and couldn't believe how ungodly ugly it is. Had my first live sighting last week and had the same reaction. Maybe this is a big joke by Elon Musk and he's just laughing at folks buying these things. I don't think the market will treat them well over time...kinda like the Aztek. For those of you who like the Cybertruck, this is just my opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (because it certainly isn't in the Cybertruck). :)

I'm getting 60% front window, 50% on the sides, and 70% on the firewall window and rear window to bring the effective drop in light through the back to 50% (49 really).

I have the privacy glass option, and contemplating to match the tint on the side windows and do a slight tint on the front windshield to block UV mostly. My main concern is soapy water and where it will end up inside the car. Even though my car is PPF’d now and I experienced the A/C issues upon delivery, it makes me uneasy to think what can be water damaged inside the vehicle where the water is not expected.
All my previous cars were tinted.

I'm trying to decide on this right now as well, have DV and no privacy glass, and no upper black pack. Would love to see pics of anyones DV with various tints. I'm not sure a dark tint looks that good on such a dark color, and having the sides and windshield be super different makes it look off. Thinking maybe 50% on the sides and a "clear" 80 on the front. It looks like the windows have some sort of tint from the factory so take that into consideration.