• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

The cabin windows have no tint from factory. I'm doing XPEL Prime Plus in 70% windshield and 30% sides. I wanted 45% sides but the shop I'm using doesn't offer that shade, so I went with the next darker option. I personally will never go darker than 30% as I don't like the wanna-be gangster limo tint fad, especially when driving at night.

The cabin windows have no tint from factory. I'm doing XPEL Prime Plus in 70% windshield and 30% sides. I wanted 45% sides but the shop I'm using doesn't offer that shade, so I went with the next darker option. I personally will never go darker than 30% as I don't like the wanna-be gangster limo tint fad, especially when driving at night.
1000004587.jpg

Maybe not a tint but just the glass is shaded which can be seen comparing the windows to the outside where the door is open.

I am thinking of seeing if the place doing my PPF has 40 and going with that and then an 80 on the windshield.

View attachment 43751
Maybe not a tint but just the glass is shaded which can be seen comparing the windows to the outside where the door is open.

I am thinking of seeing if the place doing my PPF has 40 and going with that and then an 80 on the windshield.
Great picture. It's a guess, but maybe the UV protection, etc. that is always built in slightly colors the glass. If I remember correctly when we got new windows in our home it was similar.

Hopefully this is my last "living vicariously" video before I pick up my Emira Friday. This is part 3 of a 3-part interview series with Dan who has had his Vivid Red Emira since early March. Saw Dan and his Emira this morning at a local British Car Show along with several other Emiras. It's great to finally see them out in the wild where they belong!

How did everyone get their VIN to track the shipment? I forgot to get mine when I was there.

All modern cars will have UV protection which give it a slight blue or brown hue. I am not a fan of tint but if you’re concerned with heat any ceramic tint even clear cuts down on heat significantly.

Picked up Winston this afternoon. Osmium is stunning in natural light. Zach at Eurocar made the delivery super easy with all documentation completed via docusign the day before with the exception of four docs that required wet signatures. Literally 5 minutes to complete. A friend and current Elise owner joined me and was really impressed by the car. I’m super happy with the color combo. Definite blue tint to the silver (compare to the white of the building or the white BMW in the background). Eurocar (Lotus of OC) received another batch of six this morning bringing their total to 18 plus an Eletra demo car.
View attachment 43738
View attachment 43739
Congrats! Love the spec.
Did you happen to see a shadow grey with tan interior? I was quite late in placing a deposit but Zach offered me an orphaned Emira with very similar spec to what I wanted. Just waiting for it to arrive to take a look and see if wins me over or wait to order exactly what I want. Biggest difference would be interior, I want red, orphaned car tan but I hear the tan looks very nice and not orange like many photos and videos make it out to be.

Congrats! Love the spec.
Did you happen to see a shadow grey with tan interior? I was quite late in placing a deposit but Zach offered me an orphaned Emira with very similar spec to what I wanted. Just waiting for it to arrive to take a look and see if wins me over or wait to order exactly what I want. Biggest difference would be interior, I want red, orphaned car tan but I hear the tan looks very nice and not orange like many photos and videos make it out to be.
I didn't see any of the most recent batch and there was no shadow grey among the cars on the floor when I visited last week. For sure the tan looks way better in real life than any photo I've ever seen. Given the the hint of blue in the shadow gray I would think they would play well together. There was a DV with Tan that looked amazing. Check with Zach to see if he has any cars on hand with the tan for you to take a peek at. It really looks good.

After 2 days of compromised sleep (too much anticipation), D-Day finally happened, and I gotta say... 2.5 years was worth the wait. I can't tell if I'm in a dream or in love, maybe both. Chose a day/time to avoid the rain, so naturally the first drops landed on the windshield the moment I pulled out of the dealership - ended up driving 3 hours through the thick of it back to Maryland. Needs a wash already! That said, big shout out to Ray and Adelson at Lotus of North Jersey. They went out of their way to make the delivery and the customer feel special, with a covered reveal, questions answered, and a proactive walkthrough of the things I should know about the car, i.e. trunk closure challenge, etc.

The car is a dream to drive and a real head turner. Two not-so-great things: There's a slight rattling in low gears at low RPM - anyone know what thats about? Also, there were 2 times where the hill assist felt "sticky," where I'd try to get away but it didn't disengage quickly enough.

Attaching a few photos while I sit in my garage and admire the eye candy. Cheers!

Attachments

• 20240519_082913.jpg
    20240519_082913.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20240519_082820.jpg
    20240519_082820.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20240518_103805~3.jpg
    20240518_103805~3.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20240518_103739.jpg
    20240518_103739.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20240518_102711.jpg
    20240518_102711.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 20240518_101318.jpg
    20240518_101318.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20240519_083550.jpg
    20240519_083550.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 91
After 2 days of compromised sleep (too much anticipation), D-Day finally happened, and I gotta say... 2.5 years was worth the wait. I can't tell if I'm in a dream or in love, maybe both. Chose a day/time to avoid the rain, so naturally the first drops landed on the windshield the moment I pulled out of the dealership - ended up driving 3 hours through the thick of it back to Maryland. Needs a wash already! That said, big shout out to Ray and Adelson at Lotus of North Jersey. They went out of their way to make the delivery and the customer feel special, with a covered reveal, questions answered, and a proactive walkthrough of the things I should know about the car, i.e. trunk closure challenge, etc.

The car is a dream to drive and a real head turner. Two not-so-great things: There's a slight rattling in low gears at low RPM - anyone know what thats about? Also, there were 2 times where the hill assist felt "sticky," where I'd try to get away but it didn't disengage quickly enough.

Attaching a few photos while I sit in my garage and admire the eye candy. Cheers!
Congrats!!! Did it come with the indoor cover? Do all Emiras come w/one?

Congrats! If the rattling sounds like marbles in a tin can from 1-2k rpm, then it's normal. It's flywheel chatter from the lightweight flywheel that's located essentially right behind the driver's seat.

Also, there were 2 times where the hill assist felt "sticky," where I'd try to get away but it didn't disengage quickly enough.
talked about here.

I reported it to Ray immediately and hope that new software fixes it the next time I'm in Summit. other owners have reported that the software fix is effective.