• The July 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 July 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Anyone on here with a car that was on the 4/6 boat that still doesn't have the car even at the dealership?

That's the unfortunate "boat" I'm in. Challenged my dealer to ask Lotus WTF, since cars on 5/13 boats are showing up to dealerships on the west coast... so the Lotus logistics excuse has worn thin with me. I'm thinking there was/is an issue with my particular car maybe that Lotus PDI in Baltimore identified, but i'm just guessing. Can't understand now over 2 months sitting in Baltimore and not getting trucked to the dealer unless there is an issue.
I was on that boat and got car in California before end of April. Sorry for your struggles

What a thing. Have many thoughts but simply put it was worth the wait.

Ran into a lovely fellow member also picking up his DV at Boardwalk. Didn’t get to put nearly enough miles on the car - but at the very first stop for lunch a couple miles down the road from the dealership, did run into a small meet featuring a green Exige and Evora!

Attachments

• IMG_6611.jpeg
    IMG_6611.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 79
I think atlantic sun
I don't see anything yet from that ship. It's already at Norfolk so it likely didn't have any Lotus cars on board.

How is Lotus offering 0% financing to UK buyers, but in the States we're looking at the dealer's preferred banks and 8%?

According to Nova's shipping info my car has arrived at the Baltimore port on 5/13. I've been checking with my dealer but they don't have any updates either. Does anyone from the 5/13 batch have any updates or take delivery already? How long does it usually take from at port to delivery?

Surely there are ways around this? Maybe put the keys in a biometric safe and document it for them? That's an insane amount of money.
I asked Hagerty if I could sign a waiver, they said no, but I talked to someone recently who said they did accept a waiver a few years ago for their Mustang.

How is Lotus offering 0% financing to UK buyers, but in the States we're looking at the dealer's preferred banks and 8%?
In the UK it is likely being used as an incentive to clear stock of unsold, preconfigured cars from Lotus' inventory. With the deposit being fully refundable and Lotus having no way of removing a cancelled order from the production queue once the final spec has been submitted there have been a fairly high number of orphaned cars which they need to shift, hence the 0% offer. With the orphaned cars having been produced under an agency model (customer orders direct from Lotus rather than via a dealer as an intermediary) any unsold stock is on Lotus' books.

Also bear in mind that the Emira isn't a new to market car in the UK any more so any initial demand for the car has now died down so they need to try to drive interest somehow.

According to Nova's shipping info my car has arrived at the Baltimore port on 5/13. I've been checking with my dealer but they don't have any updates either. Does anyone from the 5/13 batch have any updates or take delivery already? How long does it usually take from at port to delivery?
Mine arrived 5/13 and I took delivery 6/8

I BELIEVE I found out the boat my car is on is the

ATLANTIC SAIL ATS2424

That came from my contact at Lotus, but my dealership believes my car is in the USA. I believe the boat that has my car is set to arrive to the US roughly 6/24/24.

Who knows at this point though.

I BELIEVE I found out the boat my car is on is the

ATLANTIC SAIL ATS2424

That came from my contact at Lotus, but my dealership believes my car is in the USA. I believe the boat that has my car is set to arrive to the US roughly 6/24/24.

Who knows at this point though.

Yea, I would generally trust dealers the least. They usually don't know anything - and worse, they often pretend they do and make up things just to have something to say.

How are you guys getting shipping info? I was at the factory and they couldn't even tell me where my car was.

How are you guys getting shipping info? I was at the factory and they couldn't even tell me where my car was.
You should have stuck an airtag to your chassis.

I had been in touch with them since December and made a few contacts there and then met them in person. So they've been fairly helpful.

I noticed today that the configurator on Lotus.com no longer has the option for the FE V6. Only the FE AMG is an option. That must mean that Lotus has received all orders for the V6 I would have to assume.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621_153746_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_153746_Chrome.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 28
I noticed today that the configurator on Lotus.com no longer has the option for the FE V6. Only the FE AMG is an option. That must mean that Lotus has received all orders for the V6 I would have to assume.
It's still there. The configurator has some sort of display problem. Select a different color (may have to do a couple of times) and the V6 option will eventually come up.