USA/Canada Delivery Thread

According to Nova's shipping info my car has arrived at the Baltimore port on 5/13. I've been checking with my dealer but they don't have any updates either. Does anyone from the 5/13 batch have any updates or take delivery already? How long does it usually take from at port to delivery?

Surely there are ways around this? Maybe put the keys in a biometric safe and document it for them? That's an insane amount of money.
I asked Hagerty if I could sign a waiver, they said no, but I talked to someone recently who said they did accept a waiver a few years ago for their Mustang.

How is Lotus offering 0% financing to UK buyers, but in the States we're looking at the dealer's preferred banks and 8%?
In the UK it is likely being used as an incentive to clear stock of unsold, preconfigured cars from Lotus' inventory. With the deposit being fully refundable and Lotus having no way of removing a cancelled order from the production queue once the final spec has been submitted there have been a fairly high number of orphaned cars which they need to shift, hence the 0% offer. With the orphaned cars having been produced under an agency model (customer orders direct from Lotus rather than via a dealer as an intermediary) any unsold stock is on Lotus' books.

Also bear in mind that the Emira isn't a new to market car in the UK any more so any initial demand for the car has now died down so they need to try to drive interest somehow.

According to Nova's shipping info my car has arrived at the Baltimore port on 5/13. I've been checking with my dealer but they don't have any updates either. Does anyone from the 5/13 batch have any updates or take delivery already? How long does it usually take from at port to delivery?
Mine arrived 5/13 and I took delivery 6/8

I BELIEVE I found out the boat my car is on is the

ATLANTIC SAIL ATS2424

That came from my contact at Lotus, but my dealership believes my car is in the USA. I believe the boat that has my car is set to arrive to the US roughly 6/24/24.

Who knows at this point though.

I BELIEVE I found out the boat my car is on is the

ATLANTIC SAIL ATS2424

That came from my contact at Lotus, but my dealership believes my car is in the USA. I believe the boat that has my car is set to arrive to the US roughly 6/24/24.

Who knows at this point though.

Yea, I would generally trust dealers the least. They usually don't know anything - and worse, they often pretend they do and make up things just to have something to say.

How are you guys getting shipping info? I was at the factory and they couldn't even tell me where my car was.

How are you guys getting shipping info? I was at the factory and they couldn't even tell me where my car was.
You should have stuck an airtag to your chassis.

I had been in touch with them since December and made a few contacts there and then met them in person. So they've been fairly helpful.

I noticed today that the configurator on Lotus.com no longer has the option for the FE V6. Only the FE AMG is an option. That must mean that Lotus has received all orders for the V6 I would have to assume.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621_153746_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240621_153746_Chrome.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 28
I noticed today that the configurator on Lotus.com no longer has the option for the FE V6. Only the FE AMG is an option. That must mean that Lotus has received all orders for the V6 I would have to assume.
It's still there. The configurator has some sort of display problem. Select a different color (may have to do a couple of times) and the V6 option will eventually come up.

I got a correction from the factory. It'll land on July 1st. So that's two weeks sooner.
Do you mind sharing how you contacted the factory? I have a VIN already but would like to get an idea on the shipping status of my car.

I take it no PPF since you were able to pick it up from the dealer so soon after they got it.
That's correct, not from the dealer as their costs were way over the top for PPF, ceramic tinting, and ceramic coating.

Unfortunately I hit my first major snag with the car, as the people doing my frontal PPF/ceramic tinting/ceramic coating discovered a paint defect near my driver side taillight. They called me 10 minutes after I dropped the car off to tell me that paint literally crumbled away.......sigh.

The dealer, to their credit, immediately responded to me with a call and has assured me this will get taken care of.

I'm out of town for the weekend, so I won't even be able to inspect the car myself until Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20240621_090955.jpg
    IMG_20240621_090955.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 94

oh damn this is big news if true.

i tried a few things and couldn't select V6 either :oops:
1719022193180.png

Works ok. Just select another color and it will magically appear. Might take a couple of times but it will bring up the V6.
View attachment 46358

i see what you mean. very strange. it will be removed again too if you keep changing colors

HOWEVER I haven't been able to select V6 on the next page like my screenshot.

so still big news imo