• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I'm going on record saying there won't be any delivered in NA this year. There will be further delays at the ports and customers won't be told anything until December at the earliest.
I agree with one change and one add.

1. I think they’ll tell us in October or November.

2. I think they may even add an official “we want to get this right for North America” or something like that…

By the time this thing rolls into the US we may have 40oz cups for Biggie Sizes at McDonald’s. #ObsoleteCupHolders

I agree with one change and one add.

1. I think they’ll tell us in October or November.

2. I think they may even add an official “we want to get this right for North America” or something like that…

By the time this thing rolls into the US we may have 40oz cups for Biggie Sizes at McDonald’s. #ObsoleteCupHolders
Not to be confused with the Cup 2s in the Options list.

I'm going on record saying there won't be any delivered in NA this year. There will be further delays at the ports and customers won't be told anything until December at the earliest.
Educated prediction given the history.

Well, that's not exactly what he's saying. He seems to be implying that Lotus already has a plan for there to be a delay until next spring, and are waiting intentionally to spring it on everyone in December. I guess because their objective is to make people hate them.
This might be the only objective that Lotus will actually meet in the near future.

Received a call from Lotus of Atlanta this afternoon to update me on the status of Emira USA deliveries. Nice touch of a personal call. 👍

Nothing new that has not already been stated. Lotus does not yet have NHTSA certification for the Emira, needed for USA sales. They expect they will receive this certification in October or November 2023, so no deliveries until then. Lotus will provided a few more First Edition allocations to Dealers, yet the quantity is unknown at this time, and the cost will be the new higher price. Base versions will be "probably" be available for waitlist members starting in the 3rd qtr 2024 after all FE orders have been filled.

So what I am told from Lotus of Atlanta is in alignment with what other Dealers in the USA are saying. No FE deliveries until very late 2023.

Seems like Lotus has known this all along as they have not yet obtain Certification from NHTSA to be able to sell the Emira in the USA. So another Strike against Lotus HQ for poor communications.

I also feel they are adding more First Edition allocations, as some of the new options (ADAS, Exterior Colors, Interior Colors, Etc..) to be included for the Base Editions may not be ready in time, so making more FE cars buys them time.

Well, I'll check back in November to see if anything has changed :rolleyes:

Received a call from Lotus of Atlanta this afternoon to update me on the status of Emira USA deliveries. Nice touch of a personal call. 👍

Nothing new that has not already been stated. Lotus does not yet have NHTSA certification for the Emira, needed for USA sales. They expect they will receive this certification in October or November 2023, so no deliveries until then. Lotus will provided a few more First Edition allocations to Dealers, yet the quantity is unknown at this time, and the cost will be the new higher price. Base versions will be "probably" be available for waitlist members starting in the 3rd qtr 2024 after all FE orders have been filled.

So what I am told from Lotus of Atlanta is in alignment with what other Dealers in the USA are saying. No FE deliveries until very late 2023.

Seems like Lotus has known this all along as they have not yet obtain Certification from NHTSA to be able to sell the Emira in the USA. So another Strike against Lotus HQ for poor communications.

I also feel they are adding more First Edition allocations, as some of the new options (ADAS, Exterior Colors, Interior Colors, Etc..) to be included for the Base Editions may not be ready in time, so making more FE cars buys them time.

Well, I'll check back in November to see if anything has changed :rolleyes:
Note... I have been told EPA CARB certification not NHTSA. Also informed that Emiras will be produced with the updates from the factory... so it's not a post delivery port installed update.

Note... I have been told EPA CARB certification not NHTSA. Also informed that Emiras will be produced with the updates from the factory... so it's not a post delivery port installed update.
Thanks for the clarification!

Can anyone verify that the first wave ( last know as April - July built ) are in fact going to be built and then shipped and held at US ports until certification?

Can anyone verify that the first wave ( last know as April - July built ) are in fact going to be built and then shipped and held at US ports until certification?
Gator already verified this, are you looking for further verification?

That could potentially conflict with a comment a few posts up about the cars being produced at the factory with whatever "updates" may be needed for CARB certification, as opposed to being applied at the ports.

Base versions will be "probably" be available for waitlist members starting in the 3rd qtr 2024 after all FE orders have been filled.
Wow!? The base version, which of course is what most people will get, not for another year and a half. Crazy! I cancelled recently since the dealer could not confirm I would get a car this year. Glad I did since there is a decent chance it wouldn't even be next year.

That could potentially conflict with a comment a few posts up about the cars being produced at the factory with whatever "updates" may be needed for CARB certification, as opposed to being applied at the ports.
Without digging, what's the conflict? I didn't see any dealer state that it was port installed updates. Maybe I missed it though.

Without digging, what's the conflict? I didn't see any dealer state that it was port installed updates. Maybe I missed it though.
The cars needing "updates" for certification I believe is mostly speculation. The post I referred to was stating that whatever updates may be needed for certification would be applied at the factory, whereas a dealer stated that cars would still be produced on (previous) schedule and held for several months at ports until after certification.

Last edited:
The cars needing "updates" for certification I believe is mostly speculation. The post I referred to was stating that whatever updates may be needed for certification would be applied at the factory, whereas a dealer stated that cars would still be produced on (previous) schedule and held for several months at ports until after certification.
I'll take Gator's word over any other dealer's word right now.

This is what we get with this silly game of telephone Lotus has allowed.

The reason I ask is that my dealer, who was also at the meeting, was not aware the cars were still going to be build and shipped.

This is what he said.

I did not hear this. What I did hear is that once North American spec Emiras are built, all production will be dedicated to supplying the North American market for a period of time to “catch up” with orders.

It's both... Lotus is aware of what needs to be updated to hit Certification... production will be on schedule with updates added at the factory, starting in April/May. Then they will be shipped stateside arriving starting in July, warehoused until Lotus gets the official CARB certification from the EPA... Then released once that happens. They will have a build up of cars being warehoused... So they will not all be released at once.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back