• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

MSRP of appx 93K to 105K

this is too much for me unfortunately
11% is a BIG increase.

The whole pricing thing has felt weird from the beginning to be honest. If I remember correctly, the 'loaded' FE costs less than the outgoing Evora GT.

So with the Emira you get new striking design, a big interior upgrade, and a ton more tech...for less money. How does that even make sense?

11% is a BIG increase.

The whole pricing thing has felt weird from the beginning to be honest. If I remember correctly, the 'loaded' FE costs less than the outgoing Evora GT.

So with the Emira you get new striking design, a big interior upgrade, and a ton more tech...for less money. How does that even make sense?
The core chassis is now built on an automated production line, the exterior body panels are all bolt-on and made in China, and the key components that were previously fully hand-built (like seats) are now built by suppliers.

It's the combination of production process modernization combined with the supply chain improvements that were the supposed basis for the cost savings. I'm sure world conditions has eaten that advantage entirely. But rest assured... if they were still building the car the Evora way, the price would have gone much higher.

I wanted to give a shout out to Lotus of Orlando. I requested a cancellation and had my refund the next day. They were great to work with and I regret Lotus HQ ruined this deal for them.

11% is a BIG increase.

The Evora didn’t sell well, partly because the price was perceived to be too high compared to competitors.

Working out how to make the Emira cheaper and a more compelling proposition for a wider audience is what is helping them sell more Emiras in 18 months than Evoras sold in 12 years.

I wanted to give a shout out to Lotus of Orlando. I requested a cancellation and had my refund the next day. They were great to work with and I regret Lotus HQ ruined this deal for them.
Sorry to hear you dropped your deposit. When did you originally place it?

The Evora didn’t sell well, partly because the price was perceived to be too high compared to competitors.

Working out how to make the Emira cheaper and a more compelling proposition for a wider audience is what is helping them sell more Emiras in 18 months than Evoras sold in 12 years.

I think everyone is conflating deposits and names on a list with sales. Lots of people are making statements suggesting that they are the same. They are not.

Lotus seems to have adopted a new accounting convention, where deposits = sales. I'm surprised they can get away with it, as it's clearly not true.

I assume this year they are going to have to record some "negative sales", or what you and I call "cancellations".

11% is a BIG increase.

More efficient production line? :unsure:

Yep, that's what I'm saying. Lotus would have you believe they're "sold out" for 2 years.

When the US cars finally arrive I bet a ton will be put up for sale immediately, especially with the new price increase announcement. It gives sellers more latitude to make a quick $5-$7k. Buyers will know they're still getting a "better deal" than they will in 7 years when their non-FE cars arrive.

I was one of first in the cue to order in U.S.. (Day of reveal July 21).
Delivery window shifted from June 22 to Mar 23 to July 23 to latest, Dec 23. My dealer is being transparent; which is appreciated.
Change of plans for my tour the Rockies 2023. Will use 06 Cayman S, which guarantees equal fun.
Need to revamp my Tag Line
"Life is short "er", drive a Lotus".
(In the twighlight years of life I don't want to be deprived of another Spring or Summer driving this fantastic new Lotus! Disappointed, still excited.)

I was one of first in the cue to order in U.S.. (Day of reveal July 21).
Delivery window shifted from June 22 to Mar 23 to July 23 to latest, Dec 23. My dealer is being transparent; which is appreciated.
Change of plans for my tour the Rockies 2023. Will use 06 Cayman S, which guarantees equal fun.
Need to revamp my Tag Line
"Life is short "er", drive a Lotus".
(In the twighlight years of life I don't want to be deprived of another Spring or Summer driving this fantastic new Lotus! Disappointed, still excited.)
Me and 2 other people were may 2021 and one person I know was 2020! Lol.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back