• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Hope you realize that many of us have received specific delay info from our dealers over the last few days, following the US dealer meeting that was held earlier this week. The communication is that US deliveries will not likely not start until at least October, specifically due to a regulatory issue. And we know that no US cars have been built yet, they were never scheduled to start production for our market until late April at the earliest.
I was informed of multiple delays. Last communication lead me to believe my car was in production with a late May arrival.

I was informed of multiple delays. Last communication lead me to believe my car was in production with a late May arrival.
Ohh gotcha, yeah that was never a thing I don't think. We've been operating since late last year on an expectation of Apr-June production and July-Sept delivery, until this latest communication which apparently shifts delivery but not production (much).

I believe the Base Edition was always attractive at the lower cost versus a fully-loaded FE, especially if you can delete premium elements (12 way seats comes to mind).
Many in this Forum expressed interest in the i4 Base because of the customization.
Now that FE 2.0 is on the horizon for a further $11,000+, the same argument applies: the customizable Base model remains more affordable against price escalation.
Sure, you can replicate the FE by accessorizing the Base, but a larger number of Base units can/will be sold. IMO.
Certainly, but I'm sure some people would rather have their Emira, one year or more earlier and are willing to pay more for that luxury.

So I have only received 1 email update directly from Lotus USA, which was on Aug 11, 2022, letting me know deliveries would be stalled until March 2023. I've not received an email from Lotus USA since then.... Am I alone here or are others in the same boat?

I don't mind the delay to Q3 2023 so much as just being totally clueless as to what the hell is going on.

I have a headache...

Last edited:
I also got the email and then spoke to the owner of the Lotus dealership where I placed my order. Boys and Girls, no Emira automobiles have yet been built with specs for the US market. No need to worry about shipping or storage. Everyone including US dealerships were misled. The Lotus company have been poor communicators but their grand plan is coming into view. If my source is incorrect, I apologize in advance. I do believe the above is accurate.
They’re slated for production soon and will sit in port after shipping for potentially a few months until they pass certification at the earliest in October but potentially December.

So I have only received 1 email update directly from Lotus USA, which was on Aug 11, 2022, letting me know deliveries would be stalled until March 2023. I've not received an email from Lotus USA since then.... Am I alone here or are others in the same boat?

I don't mind the delay to Q3 2023 so much as just being totally clueless as to what the hell is going on.

I have a headache...

Lotus USA isn’t telling us shit, neither is Lotus HQ, and neither is your dealer depending on who they are. Some dealers are more forthcoming like Gator — mine isn’t.

That’s why this community and thread exists :) read the last few pages of the thread for a full breakdown.

I spoke to this dealer in Connecticut mid 2021 when I first learned about the Emira, but never did a deposit or anything with them. I later ended up at the dealer in Buffalo NY, yet this guy just sent me the delay email 🙃😄

Screenshot_20230311_074015_Gmail.jpg

I spoke to this dealer in Connecticut mid 2021 when I first learned about the Emira, but never did a deposit or anything with them. I later ended up at the dealer in Buffalo NY, yet this guy just sent me the delay email 🙃😄

View attachment 23806
I received this same email from my dealer yesterday, word for word!

My recollection is that, early on, Lotus had a big spiel about how the Emira was designed as a “world car” so that they would be very few issues getting it approved in all global markets. This was all part of the great new, well run Lotus we, as customers, were going to be dealing.

Sounds like they were slinging the bs pretty heavy and had no idea how to quickly get regulatory approvals. I think some heads should role at Lotus for this screwup.

This morning, my dealer confirmed Gator’s information and said that it is working on a communication to depositors that will go out between today and Monday.

My dealer still hasn’t communicated anything to me :) they’re in the Silicon Valley and they’re not really sure what this internet thing is or if it will ever take off.

Maybe they banked with SVB…
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!!!

My dealer still hasn’t communicated anything to me :) they’re in the Silicon Valley and they’re not really sure what this internet thing is or if it will ever take off.

Maybe they banked with SVB…
Plus something Cryptic.....Crypto.....maybe?

So what's the conclusion on US Base V6 deliveries? Mid 2024?

My recollection is that, early on, Lotus had a big spiel about how the Emira was designed as a “world car” so that they would be very few issues getting it approved in all global markets. This was all part of the great new, well run Lotus we, as customers, were going to be dealing.

Sounds like they were slinging the bs pretty heavy and had no idea how to quickly get regulatory approvals. I think some heads should role at Lotus for this screwup.
Imho even if I get in trouble. Everyone at the top at lotus starting with managing director/ CEO should have been fired months ago.
Not one person / executive has taken responsibility for this s..t show or even had the balls to apologize for their total mishandling of what has gone down.
An apology admitting the problems would have gone a long way.
Even with all this I am still in.
They could give a crap especially about loyal customers and brand supporters

Lotus USA isn’t telling us shit, neither is Lotus HQ, and neither is your dealer depending on who they are. Some dealers are more forthcoming like Gator — mine isn’t.

That’s why this community and thread exists :) read the last few pages of the thread for a full breakdown.
Hi, I’m from Houston, and have a deposit at Earth MotoRS in Dallas. This is the email I received yesterday
Hello Lotus Enthusiasts!

Most of you probably already know from the Forums but we just returned from a Lotus Dealer meeting and I have an update for you regarding the Emira you placed a deposit for. First the good news is that Lotus will be producing a few more First Edition units that we will get an allocation for. We don’t know exactly how many yet but we are supposed to get that information in the next couple of months. So, if you were higher up on the list and hoping to get a First Edition than you still have a chance. The Bad News is two-fold but unfortunately can’t be avoided. One is that they have been delayed a few more months. I have attached a letter from Lotus explaining it in more detail but they are expecting the first deliveries to take place at the earliest in October but it could be December before we get them. The other Bad News is that the price is going up. Other than the very first units which were ordered at the factory many months ago all Emira prices have been increased. Although the Base Pricing has not been released yet, the First Edition pricing has gone from a starting MSRP of appx 93K to 105K and you can see this change on the Lotus Configurator. I know this is not welcome news, but everything has increased in price so much since the release of the vehicle they cannot absorb it all. The Emira is getting Great Reviews and I know all of you are just as excited as we are to receive them! We are getting closer and I know it will be worth the wait!

That is all for now and thanks for your patience!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back