• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

They are making up the difference in keeping the existing F/E customers price (or avoiding law suits) and passing on the increase to the 2.0 F/E. That would be my guess. It still may be less than a fully loaded base Emira, but hard to say. For the Canadian market, the 145K 2.0 F/E price (if it is that, or if they even offer it) will not be taken very well. Meaning a fully Loaded base model for more $$ would render the Emira very niche and price it out of the market for most people. Any higher and you're hitting brand new Aston Vantage Pricing.
Yea but you don’t need to spend that much for a Vantage; it’s called a Ford Focus.

The Evora didn’t sell well, partly because the price was perceived to be too high compared to competitors.

Working out how to make the Emira cheaper and a more compelling proposition for a wider audience is what is helping them sell more Emiras in 18 months than Evoras sold in 12 years.
Sell yes. Deliver…….

The earliest! Should vebe October now...was supposed to get it last year. I am in the first batch of deliveries.
That’s great I am also In first batch.
But realistically I don’t think we will see fist batch before December. Hope it is October
Edit if car arrives in October I’ll be ecstatic

Last edited:
Question: About to order and live in NYC area. Would you be number 60 at a dealer in the northeast or 30 in the midwest? I guess the question is do you think the higher volume (presumably) dealers on the coast will get more. First post here and truly appreciate the opinions. Pulling the trigger today.

Question: About to order and live in NYC area. Would you be number 60 at a dealer in the northeast or 30 in the midwest? I guess the question is do you think the higher volume (presumably) dealers on the coast will get more. First post here and truly appreciate the opinions. Pulling the trigger today.

I live in Boston, and I went with @GatorMotorsport 1,000 miles away. I've been glad I did on many occasions since, as they continue to be the most communicative dealer, the most engaged on these forums, and a delight to work with.

Your best bet may actually be with a dealer that is new to the franchise. I know several new ones have come online in the Mid-Atlantic, including one in the DC area (Rockville, MD) that has yet to physically open, and one in Cape Fear (Wilmington) North Carolina. Before getting onto the very end of an existing dealer's reservation/deposit list, check and see how deep the queue is at the new dealers and see if they know what their allocation ceiling will be for the new batch coming in the spring. They likely don't know specifics yet, but they can tell you how big their existing backlog is.

I live in Boston, and I went with @GatorMotorsport 1,000 miles away. I've been glad I did on many occasions since, as they continue to be the most communicative dealer, the most engaged on these forums, and a delight to work with.
Boston dealer has not been bad. Test drive was short but smooth. On the communication side it has been zero.

Your best bet may actually be with a dealer that is new to the franchise. I know several new ones have come online in the Mid-Atlantic, including one in the DC area (Rockville, MD) that has yet to physically open, and one in Cape Fear (Wilmington) North Carolina. Before getting onto the very end of an existing dealer's reservation/deposit list, check and see how deep the queue is at the new dealers and see if they know what their allocation ceiling will be for the new batch coming in the spring. They likely don't know specifics yet, but they can tell you how big their existing backlog is.
Fine idea, thanks. If you have contact info at either I'd be open to hearing it. The only concern for me would be getting a deposit back should I change my mind. Will the new dealership make it etc.

Local dealer sent an email earlier today saying US deliveries are now October 2023 at the earliest. Don’t know what that means for non-FE and I4 versions. It’s funny to have received the email since I canceled over a month ago. A friend was so excited with last update a few months ago that he’ll be getting his in June. That is now at least October and he’s wondering what they’re all doing at Lotus…maybe this is their way of making it all 2024 MY and increase the price on all of them.

Local dealer sent an email earlier today saying US deliveries are now October 2023 at the earliest. Don’t know what that means for non-FE and I4 versions. It’s funny to have received the email since I canceled over a month ago. A friend was so excited with last update a few months ago that he’ll be getting his in June. That is now at least October and he’s wondering what they’re all doing at Lotus…maybe this is their way of making it all 2024 MY and increase the price on all of them.

I'm going on record saying there won't be any delivered in NA this year. There will be further delays at the ports and customers won't be told anything until December at the earliest.

I'm going on record saying there won't be any delivered in NA this year. There will be further delays at the ports and customers won't be told anything until December at the earliest.
You love a good conspiracy. 🤣

That would be terrible. Imagine waiting so long and when you’re so close to delivery, another delay is announced. Oh wait…

In a way, I kind of want people to get fed up and cancel their orders. A massive drop in orders will teach Lotus to be better with pretty much everything. They’re just testing people’s patience at this point.

Hey at least this time boardwalk didn't send the email TO: 302 recipients on their list.

So you're telling me you're going to bet that the outcome of this time-frame is the same as the 5 previous delays? Shocked I say, shocked!

So you're telling me you're going to bet that the outcome of this time-frame is the same as the 5 previous delays? Shocked I say, shocked!
Well, that's not exactly what he's saying. He seems to be implying that Lotus already has a plan for there to be a delay until next spring, and are waiting intentionally to spring it on everyone in December. I guess because their objective is to make people hate them.

Took your advice Porter and placed a deposit today. Number 19. Not terrible but really who knows?!

That would be terrible. Imagine waiting so long and when you’re so close to delivery, another delay is announced. Oh wait…

In a way, I kind of want people to get fed up and cancel their orders. A massive drop in orders will teach Lotus to be better with pretty much everything. They’re just testing people’s patience at this point.
😂 they are not testing people’s patience,
They just don’t give a shit about customers

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back