• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Can somebody please make my car leave Baltimore? 😮‍💨
I do wonder just how much that bridge collapse delayed cars. It is literally right near where they get unloaded and picked up by trucks or shuffled onto trains.

Bad news for those who want timely car arrival information: ImportInfo.com now no longer show the newest records; It's blurred out. I have some other ways of finding newest shipments but it's not nearly as easy or as timely as ImportInfo.com. Consequently, we now may have an additional few days of delays before an arrived shipment becomes available.

Bad news for those who want timely car arrival information: ImportInfo.com now no longer show the newest records; It's blurred out. I have some other ways of finding newest shipments but it's not nearly as easy or as timely as ImportInfo.com. Consequently, we now may have an additional few days of delays before an arrived shipment becomes available.

Even for paying members?

I was able to see my car this weekend after a long wait, and I should have my car this week, but it wasn't a pleasant experience and I'm at a point now where I wish I had cancelled the order despite the sentimental value of this car for me.

Now I know my car came in on the April 6 boat but I hadn't heard a peep from the dealership. I checked in every few weeks and kept hearing no update. Late May, the car appeared on the dealership website so I emailed and was told that was a mistake and the next day it was removed. I emailed again in mid-June, no answer. Called again a few times, no return call. Fed up, I went to the dealership Saturday, a 45 minute journey each way to voice my concerns and demands answers or else a refund. I was told that my emails and calls weren't returned for a variety of nonsense reasons (one was that the salesman was on vacation however when I called, the person answering said he was outside and would call back later that day) and the car had just arrived the day prior and was waiting on parts. I asked to see the car only to find the car in the back of an auxilary lot off site covered in mud and the interior full of leaves. It was tight so below was the best picture I could get and the only part not covered in mud. I expressed my frustration considering I've been asking for the dealer to install PPF which could have been done while the car sit, but they continued to insist the car had just arrived which was clearly untrue. Regardless, I was told I would be contacted Monday with financing details and to schedule the PPF. As the day progressed and I didn't hear anything, I texted the salesperson to no avail. I called and was told there was no update and I would hear this morning. We're now approaching noon, and still no update.

I hate when people call me at work asking for updates constantly, but it feels if I don't, nothing happens. I likely could have been in my car about a few weeks ago had I pushed earlier. And it hurts knowing the car is outside in the punishing heat of NJ right now instead of in my garage or covered in the PPF I had asked to be installed long ago.

Rant over. Sorry guys.

PXL_20240713_152955903.MP.jpg

covered in mud and the interior full of leaves.
I first read this as your car was covered in mud but then how would leaves get inside…..I guess you mean the lot was dirty. Sounds like your dealer is a bit disorganized. Maybe go to a different one for warranty and other services.

I’d still get the car but would call out their lack of customer services on social media and review sites, esp Google. Google reviews can really drive down how a business is listed.

I first read this as your car was covered in mud but then how would leaves get inside…..I guess you mean the lot was dirty. Sounds like your dealer is a bit disorganized. Maybe go to a different one for warranty and other services.
I don't know but I can assure you, there were leaves in the engine bay and inside the cabin. Car is a damn mess.

Looks like service is handled by the Volvo dealership next door so I'll give them a try. But the sales team really killed the joy of the experience.

I don't know but I can assure you, there were leaves in the engine bay and inside the cabin. Car is a damn mess.

Looks like service is handled by the Volvo dealership next door so I'll give them a try. But the sales team really killed the joy of the experience.
Leaves inside the car!! What the actual F$&@!!! How does that happen? They fall off the tree, go inside, get the keys, unlock the door and plop down?

I know. Makes me worried how the car was treated since it arrived here three months ago but I'm going to look over that car with a fine tooth comb when I take delivery.

I gave up, called the dealership this afternoon and received a call back that the PPF crew has a backlog of many weeks so I'm going to take it to a local guy to get done. Now they're just finishing up the financing and I should have the car Thursday or Friday. Supposedly.

I know. Makes me worried how the car was treated since it arrived here three months ago but I'm going to look over that car with a fine tooth comb when I take delivery.

I gave up, called the dealership this afternoon and received a call back that the PPF crew has a backlog of many weeks so I'm going to take it to a local guy to get done. Now they're just finishing up the financing and I should have the car Thursday or Friday. Supposedly.
I would send everything you wrote to Lotus

and file a grievance complaint about the dealership and how they've treated the car and you. That is so typical of a crap dealership. When you pick up the car, take a witness with you, and inspect EVERYTHING with a fine-tooth comb. Take a video of EVERYTHING inside and out before you get in and drive it off the lot. The brake rotors, the wheels (look for scuffing), body panel alignments, the trunk, engine bay, seats and all interior surfaces, and CHECK THE ODOMETER. If it has more than roughly 20 miles on it, especially something like 35+, ask to speak to a manager about the extra mileage. Video that too, so you have on file everything before you drive it off the lot.

IF this car has problems, that's a snake dealership and you'll have nothing but lies, denial and trouble from them about it. Having full video documentation of everything before you've left the lot, will make it much easier to get things remedied if it comes to that.

and file a grievance complaint about the dealership and how they've treated the car and you. That is so typical of a crap dealership. When you pick up the car, take a witness with you, and inspect EVERYTHING with a fine-tooth comb. Take a video of EVERYTHING inside and out before you get in and drive it off the lot. The brake rotors, the wheels (look for scuffing), body panel alignments, the trunk, engine bay, seats and all interior surfaces, and CHECK THE ODOMETER. If it has more than roughly 20 miles on it, especially something like 35+, ask to speak to a manager about the extra mileage. Video that too, so you have on file everything before you drive it off the lot.

IF this car has problems, that's a snake dealership and you'll have nothing but lies, denial and trouble from them about it. Having full video documentation of everything before you've left the lot, will make it much easier to get things remedied if it comes to that.
Unfortunate. I received a customer satisfaction survey from Lotus US after my acquisition, and again at the 3 month mark. I was forthright each time and you should also be.
However, I have been done right by both my sales representative and dealer.
Give the car a chance.

Thanks and I will. I did receive a call later in the day yesterday that the financing is done and I could pick up the car today. I was told I would receive the final write up of the figures so I could go to the bank before work this morning but of course nothing.

But like @EspiritGuy said, I was upset but I'm not going to let this take away from the joy of the car and I'm going to express my frustrations again at the dealership and ask them to make it right. Not necessarily with money, but by making the rest of the experience befitting of a car of this price tag.

I appreciate you guys. ❤️