• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

3.5 months for me lol
@JZ14 Do you have your car now? Mine arrived in Baltimore on May 13th and there have been no updates since. The dealer says they don’t have any information, and that the logistics is a disaster. Have you contacted Lotus customer service?

That seems strange given the CARB approval is done and folks have stated they saw NA spec cars built at the factory. What would the issue be that causes a delay?
Which is why I wanted @GatorMotorsport @TurnerAtGator to validate as they are the only dealership that used to be out front of all communications and with reliable information while others were speculating. Hopefully they will respond

And after a 3 years the wait it’s over. The car is everything and way more love it

Attachments

• IMG_3512.jpeg
    IMG_3512.jpeg
    484.7 KB · Views: 94
@JZ14 Do you have your car now? Mine arrived in Baltimore on May 13th and there have been no updates since. The dealer says they don’t have any information, and that the logistics is a disaster. Have you contacted Lotus customer service?
Haven't heard a peep. Sucks seeing others getting their cars 3 weeks after hitting port. I sent an email to corporate last week and no word yet. Crazy how the temporary port doesn't want it out of the way as quick as possible.

Have any of the Emira owners who did not receive their battery maintainer at the time of pick up get theirs yet? Are the most recent Emira deliveries receiving their battery maintainers or are dealers still saying Lotus is currently out of them?

FWIW, the item is listed on the window sticker (Monroney) so it's something Lotus needs to follow through on.

Have any of the Emira owners who did not receive their battery maintainer at the time of pick up get theirs yet? Are the most recent Emira deliveries receiving their battery maintainers or are dealers still saying Lotus is currently out of them?

FWIW, the item is listed on the window sticker (Monroney) so it's something Lotus needs to follow through on.
Have not received mine yet.

So, my car is being delivered tomorrow morning. And of course I get to have surgery the next day in Colorado so I can't be there to do the inspection.

Crazy idea, anyone on here in the Los Gatos area that would be willing to inspect it so I can sign the paperwork online and start the trucking process to me?

I was able to see my car this weekend after a long wait, and I should have my car this week, but it wasn't a pleasant experience and I'm at a point now where I wish I had cancelled the order despite the sentimental value of this car for me.

Now I know my car came in on the April 6 boat but I hadn't heard a peep from the dealership. I checked in every few weeks and kept hearing no update. Late May, the car appeared on the dealership website so I emailed and was told that was a mistake and the next day it was removed. I emailed again in mid-June, no answer. Called again a few times, no return call. Fed up, I went to the dealership Saturday, a 45 minute journey each way to voice my concerns and demands answers or else a refund. I was told that my emails and calls weren't returned for a variety of nonsense reasons (one was that the salesman was on vacation however when I called, the person answering said he was outside and would call back later that day) and the car had just arrived the day prior and was waiting on parts. I asked to see the car only to find the car in the back of an auxilary lot off site covered in mud and the interior full of leaves. It was tight so below was the best picture I could get and the only part not covered in mud. I expressed my frustration considering I've been asking for the dealer to install PPF which could have been done while the car sit, but they continued to insist the car had just arrived which was clearly untrue. Regardless, I was told I would be contacted Monday with financing details and to schedule the PPF. As the day progressed and I didn't hear anything, I texted the salesperson to no avail. I called and was told there was no update and I would hear this morning. We're now approaching noon, and still no update.

I hate when people call me at work asking for updates constantly, but it feels if I don't, nothing happens. I likely could have been in my car about a few weeks ago had I pushed earlier. And it hurts knowing the car is outside in the punishing heat of NJ right now instead of in my garage or covered in the PPF I had asked to be installed long ago.

Rant over. Sorry guys.

View attachment 47756
I would be missed. Mine was on same April boat as yours and I picked it up from California dealership before May. May the salt in the wounds quickly fade when you finally pick it up

Does anyone know how many Manual FEs were built for delivery to North America? Curious how rare.my car is

Does anyone know how many Manual FEs were built for delivery to North America? Curious how rare.my car is

Novas keeping track and its at 1500 atm. thats going to be very close to the final amount. not many months of Manual V6 FE deliveries left

Haven't heard a peep. Sucks seeing others getting their cars 3 weeks after hitting port. I sent an email to corporate last week and no word yet. Crazy how the temporary port doesn't want it out of the way as quick as possible.
I agree, it’s frustrating seeing others get their cars. I also contacted customer service last week., and also haven’t heard back.

Novas keeping track and its at 1500 atm. thats going to be very close to the final amount. not many months of Manual V6 FE deliveries left

What was the final number of FE’s supposedly for NA? 2200 was it? Assuming the automatics were included in that there’s a few more coming in the second half.