• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Two weeks, no movement from port. C'mon now.

I’m 100% sure this topic has been beat down to pulp at this point, but I’m just curious if anyone has an idea on when I would likely be able to spec my car, if I placed my initial deposit (for a V6 manual) at the beginning of January 2024.

I’m Trying to get a gauge, from others’ experience, on when my time will come. 😅

Last edited:
I received an email from my dealership yesterday that said V6 automatics are not expected to start arriving until the end of the year. The last official update from Lotus was that they were supposed to start arriving in the middle of the year, and the last unofficial update I got was August/September. More Lotus doing Lotus things. At this point it looks like best case scenario is I might have my car 3.5 years after placing my deposit.

I received an email from my dealership yesterday that said V6 automatics are not expected to start arriving until the end of the year. The last official update from Lotus was that they were supposed to start arriving in the middle of the year, and the last unofficial update I got was August/September. More Lotus doing Lotus things. At this point it looks like best case scenario is I might have my car 3.5 years after placing my deposit.
could you provide a screen shot (with names removed) as my friend has an auto and would be good to use that info to go back to his dealer on the east coast

Did he use the phrase, 'worth the wait?'

Did he use the phrase, 'worth the wait?'
My communication from Lotus said Production in September with delivery in November/December.

IMG_1376.jpeg

Last edited:
could you provide a screen shot (with names removed) as my friend has an auto and would be good to use that info to go back to his dealer on the east coast
1721237075739.png

After receiving this, I asked if I was interpreting it correctly that the V6 automatic was being further delayed from its original expected summer deliveries and he confirmed that was the case.

How are you tracking your car location? What date was your car unloaded in Baltimore? Mine came in the 4th.
Mine came in on the 4th as well. My dealer said they get an invoice when it leaves the port.

As it turns out they emailed a little earlier today to say they had just received the invoice.

Mine came in on the 4th as well. My dealer said they get an invoice when it leaves the port.

As it turns out they emailed a little earlier today to say they had just received the invoice.
Thanks for the info! I hope mine gets out too! Our cars both heading west!

another data point

July 2023 deposit
Feb 2024 build confirmation
June 2024 build date
July 8th 2024 car landed on American soil
July 19th - 22nd 2024 expected pickup from dealer

another data point

July 2023 deposit
June 2024 build date
Which dealer? Mine was also on the same boat.

I’m 100% sure this topic has been beat down to pulp at this point, but I’m just curious if anyone has an idea on when I would likely be able to spec my car, if I placed my initial deposit (for a V6 manual) at the beginning of January 2024.

I’m Trying to get a gauge, from others’ experience, on when my time will come. 😅
I placed a deposit for v6 manual in October 2022 and haven't spec yet. Who knows?

another data point

July 2023 deposit
June 2024 build date
Was that for a v6 manual?
Initial deposit? July 2023?
I placed an initial deposit oct 2022 and haven't spec yet

Was that for a v6 manual?
Initial deposit? July 2023?
I placed an initial deposit oct 2022 and haven't spec yet

yeah V6 manual First Edition. its one of the latest deposits with a First Edition allocation

i got super lucky

November 2022 deposit
January 2024 build confirmation
May 2024 build date
July 4th 2024 car landed on American soil
July 26th 2024 expected shipped from dealer

Reactions: VR1