• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

AMG? Believe I saw a post that another shipment landed on the 23rd.
Other than the 10 that were on the 7/26 shipment, have there been more AMG cars shipped? I have been paying attention to the @Nova spreadsheet, but haven't seen any more listed since the 7/26 date..

..just in case it wasn't obvious, I'm waiting on the AMG version..

So today I walked in to Galpin Lotus in their new Beverly Hills location! Sounds like a grand opening party announcement coming shortly but yes the doors are open to go in and see their current stock of 8-9 Emira V6's in a number of color configurations! They also had a matte clear PPF on a Seneca model that has me strongly considering the option.

Here are 3 interesting topics I discussed with the sales team there. Please note that I assume all of these topics relate primarily to NA cars, but with Lotus who really knows?!?! :

1. The Emiras they have in-stock for sale were actually overstock that they ordered using members of their sales team for the build slots. Turns out that this was a genius move given they have had 90%+ retention on depositors taking their cars when they hit the dealership (counter to my guess that the showroom stock may have been orphans). This should ease the minds of those worried that orphans are piling up and the car is going to depreciate like crazy. Yes theyre not capturing over MSRP on auction sites but honestly if you bought an Emira to flip it then that's the gamble you decided to take

2. The Emira will NOT have a 2025 model year.... not sure how this works out but essentially the story goes that since Lotus is focused on getting out ALL FE orders (2024MY) prior to building base models that means the Emira will skip a model year with ALL FE's being 2024, even during 2025 production and delivery of i4's, and then they will go to 2026MY for base V6 models

3. The Emira i4 may turn out to be a ONE YEAR RUN meaning that the i4 FE 2024MY may be the only version we ever see. That's right, this one didn't make much sense to me, but I have no clue what could spark this kind of decision... maybe cost of the AMG engines/transmissions vs the Camry? maybe the fact that those costs turned the i4 FE's into a major loser for them financially since they couldn't justify further price increases? Either way this is huge if true for those of us that are waiting on what could now be a much more limited production car than expected. This also would make sense as to why Lotus opened the NA i4's to 400bhp as there would not be the mythical "Emira S" coming down the line opening the AMG engine up to its full potential.

So today I walked in to Galpin Lotus in their new Beverly Hills location! Sounds like a grand opening party announcement coming shortly but yes the doors are open to go in and see their current stock of 8-9 Emira V6's in a number of color configurations! They also had a matte clear PPF on a Seneca model that has me strongly considering the option.

Here are 3 interesting topics I discussed with the sales team there. Please note that I assume all of these topics relate primarily to NA cars, but with Lotus who really knows?!?! :

1. The Emiras they have in-stock for sale were actually overstock that they ordered using members of their sales team for the build slots. Turns out that this was a genius move given they have had 90%+ retention on depositors taking their cars when they hit the dealership (counter to my guess that the showroom stock may have been orphans). This should ease the minds of those worried that orphans are piling up and the car is going to depreciate like crazy. Yes theyre not capturing over MSRP on auction sites but honestly if you bought an Emira to flip it then that's the gamble you decided to take

2. The Emira will NOT have a 2025 model year.... not sure how this works out but essentially the story goes that since Lotus is focused on getting out ALL FE orders (2024MY) prior to building base models that means the Emira will skip a model year with ALL FE's being 2024, even during 2025 production and delivery of i4's, and then they will go to 2026MY for base V6 models

3. The Emira i4 may turn out to be a ONE YEAR RUN meaning that the i4 FE 2024MY may be the only version we ever see. That's right, this one didn't make much sense to me, but I have no clue what could spark this kind of decision... maybe cost of the AMG engines/transmissions vs the Camry? maybe the fact that those costs turned the i4 FE's into a major loser for them financially since they couldn't justify further price increases? Either way this is huge if true for those of us that are waiting on what could now be a much more limited production car than expected. This also would make sense as to why Lotus opened the NA i4's to 400bhp as there would not be the mythical "Emira S" coming down the line opening the AMG engine up to its full potential.
1. That's good to know.

2. Seems at odds with the lotus pricing sheet that calls them MY2025. I was given an ETA of April for my base and that would be quite early for a 2026 as well.

3. Surprising but sort of makes sense since the V6 can go auto or manual and Im betting orders for manuals are strong for this car. They may just want to simplify stuff. Bummer for folks who want an auto though. The i4 seemed like a better package for that. I was also banking on the i4 being the S model so I wouldn't have to buy another one down the line. If they kill the manual I wont be tempted. I'll start saving some more up just in case.

That is interesting….. I had heard that all FE’s will be MY24. What surprises me most is the potential one year run of the AMG I4 you mentioned. We all just assumed the actual cost to Lotus for the AMG had to be at least the cost of the V6 or more likely more than the V6 despite the additional work they do to it. Hard for me to fathom this because worldwide it’s the one that conforms to the more stringent emissions. At the end of the day, who knows what they are going to do….. it’s all very Lotus. Part of the experience . 😂

[maybe cost of the AMG engines/transmissions vs the Camry? maybe the fact that those costs turned the i4 FE's into a major loser for them financially since they couldn't justify further price increases?]

Always wondered why the pricing of the AMG+DCT version wasn't more then the Toyota+manual, perhaps they are operating on near zero margin on the AMG ver; but why....

Difference between AMG+DCT and Toyota+manual just has to be significant .

Here is a M139.980 2.0t engine for $10.5k (might be used) DCT has to be $$$ as well.

I find a lot of what Galpin is saying as very suspect and hard to believe. Honestly, none of it makes any sense. My guess is they are trying to push people into buying their current lot of cars that they are sitting on. And also trying to push people to fill out their i4 allocations which I suspect haven't filled like most places I have spoken to. And really they used their salesman to order allocations so they can sit on them? I would take what they say with a huge grain of salt.

I have some doubt of i4 being a one model year run only... can't see it. - Why go through Carb and emissions for 1 model year. Also, the V6 was always going to be phased out and once this first round of V6 Base manual cars are completed, I could see the appetite for manual Emira's go a little softer. Whereas a DCT i4 would have longer legs and hit a larger demographic. The bump to 400 BHP is most likely to help sales push along without having to offer finance deals or discounts. You would only bump the i4's power if you were trying to grow its sales, not run it for 1 year.

Hey guys, another 36 Automatic US V6 cars arrived on 9/24. No CA cars for this boat, unfortunately. Image below links to the tracking sheet with VINs.

View attachment 52364
Thanks for the update. My dealer in Canada hasn't given me an update on shipping, just said on Monday he hopes to be on the water in the next couple of weeks. They have been trying to firm up if I wanted certain things done when the car arrives (like coatings or PPF) which seems maybe a bit early to do so. Look forward to your updates.

You have to get the bill of lading tracking info from the carrier themselves. Some of them make it public, like ACL and WLWH, but Hoegh unfortunately only shows the first 99 lines and you have to pay to get more.

What state is your dealer in?
Looks like I am still about a hundred away. Hopefully they will keep bringing boats over every week or two. So I may be able to get delivery by November or at the latest December. I'm in Idaho, so maybe I'll be blessed that there is a boat coming into California and avoid the potential strikes in Baltimore.

Ugh, so close and yet so far. 2 sequence numbers off. 1026 days in and it missed the boat by 2 cars...
And still no KM’s /I4’s. With my VIN in the 4000-4100 group…. Looks like they are holding off all I4’s till all the FE V6’s are shipped. Mine was supposedly built end of July/early august. Dealer said should be here early October. Like a kid in the back seat I wait…”how much longer?” 😂 and don’t get me started about the strike…. 😩

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back