• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

8.24% with Lightstream... a little better, but still high. Thanks for the recommendation!

They typically have the best in the market, but the market is shite right now (with the exception of credit unions). My personal suggestion is pay as much cash as possible and finance the remainder.

They typically have the best in the market, but the market is shite right now (with the exception of credit unions). My personal suggestion is pay as much cash as possible and finance the remainder.

Yeah, that's typically my MO, but it doesn't make sense to me in this specific situation and current market. Trying to keep as much cash as possible and would hope to refinance if rates ever drop back down to reasonable rates. I've only financed one other vehicle and that was ~15 years ago through Capital One's blank check program to a private seller.

Getting back on topic here... still no updates from my dealer or response from Tammy. I saw some dealers (maybe just one.. Bellevue in WA) is sending Emira HotWheels to customers waiting on their orders. Anyone else receive any sort of gift from their dealer?

Yeah, that's typically my MO, but it doesn't make sense to me in this specific situation and current market. Trying to keep as much cash as possible and would hope to refinance if rates ever drop back down to reasonable rates. I've only financed one other vehicle and that was ~15 years ago through Capital One's blank check program to a private seller.

Getting back on topic here... still no updates from my dealer or response from Tammy. I saw some dealers (maybe just one.. Bellevue in WA) is sending Emira HotWheels to customers waiting on their orders. Anyone else receive any sort of gift from their dealer?
No but am expecting a gift “soon”.
113725AB-C1B5-42D7-9A8A-F540068161DE.jpeg

As mentioned, Lotus of Bellevue did send me a hot wheel with a cheeky note saying "We know this isn't the Emira you hoped to be receiving". I appreciate the gesture. News out of the dealership is US/Canada FE's (the first 700) are being built now, and will all ship over together and be stored (which was the last info I think most people heard). Current thinking is still Oct. time frame for CARB certification and release to dealers.

As mentioned, Lotus of Bellevue did send me a hot wheel with a cheeky note saying "We know this isn't the Emira you hoped to be receiving". I appreciate the gesture. News out of the dealership is US/Canada FE's (the first 700) are being built now, and will all ship over together and be stored (which was the last info I think most people heard). Current thinking is still Oct. time frame for CARB certification and release to dealers.
Wow, that is big news. Our cars are being built!

Can you actually officially verify that cars are now being built.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but didnt a bunch of I4 people get there confirm orders? I believe that the I4 varients took the N/A slots.

Wow, that is big news. Our cars are being built!
Yeah I'd take that with a big grain of salt. Until I hear from a factory tour attendee that a whole bunch of LHD cars with amber headlight corners are rolling down the line, I'll assume that we're shunted to the back of the queue behind China.

Yeah I'd take that with a big grain of salt. Until I hear from a factory tour attendee that a whole bunch of LHD cars with amber headlight corners are rolling down the line, I'll assume that we're shunted to the back of the queue behind China.
Lotus did send an official communication regarding i4. Yes, they are going to be built with China orders as priority. We can’t say the priority for those orders is at the expense of another. There was always a plan to build in tandem.

I'll be at the factory June 8th with my questions about NA cars status....I'll try not to get kicked off the tour.
Originally I planned the trip hoping my car may be being built...:cry:
That's a trip I'd like to make at some point. I've been on many factory tours, and the next one will be at Taylor Guitars in a week.

I went to Jack Daniel’s.
One of my favorites was at Edelbrock, manufacturer of many sizes of superchargers such as the one that Lotus uses. HRE wheels has an annual tour AND massive cars and coffee event. The last one I attended must've had over 1000 people coming and going.

I'll be at the factory June 8th with my questions about NA cars status....I'll try not to get kicked off the tour.
Originally I planned the trip hoping my car may be being built...:cry:
On June 9th you are going to be the most popular person on this forum. I'm certain people here can help with assembling a list of questions if needed.

On June 9th you are going to be the most popular person on this forum. I'm certain people here can help with assembling a list of questions if needed.
Its a quick stopover before the rest of our trip until back June 21. Including going to Stuttgart to do the 911 tour (as part of trip) I may login in from my phone if there's any good news other than our cars are being built 'soon'.
They probably don't allow pics on tour or would take a lot to share.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back